Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum - Bitcoin client for the common users (friendly and instant) - page 9. (Read 110004 times)

donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
the current domain is http://electrum.org

Thanks

@ThomasV or Electrum: would be nice to change the URL in the first post.
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
Since i have to do a lot of refund transactions in the next time it would be good if i would be able to do multiple transactions in one transaction. Is the development so far till now? Would be good when i could use it because i then only need to change my calc sheet a bit and create a big transaction.

sorry I have not worked on that at all; this will not be included in 1.9 unless someone else does it.
I think the way it should work is you open a csv file and it auto-fills a transaction dialog with all the outputs
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Bitcoin Venezuela
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
What happened with http://electrum-desktop.com? Site says "This domain may be for sale".
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Since i have to do a lot of refund transactions in the next time it would be good if i would be able to do multiple transactions in one transaction. Is the development so far till now? Would be good when i could use it because i then only need to change my calc sheet a bit and create a big transaction.
legendary
Raw transactions are not the same thing as CSV transactions.

Then i missed that. I only didnt saw that option before and since harningt spoke about that he built such code i thought thats the thing.
Then ill wait... till now i only had one testcase. But in case of a large refund it really would be best to let a calc-sheet create a csv and do everything in one transaction instead having to do many single ones.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Raw transactions are not the same thing as CSV transactions.
legendary
You can also do it with a single transaction, but that's less impressive.

Note that this setup performs a single large transaction to all the addresses. This minimizes fees required.

Another item - you can test this feature by creating a CSV and loading it, but it does not try to send unless you confirm it - it chains into the raw transaction window that offers a sign or cancel option. If you don't enter a password (and have one set) then no TX can be made.

Hm, thats strange. I now copied your example:
Code:
"16Ad3kT79J4bUtpKACKTBbwDwJgykwGf5h", 1
"1MME7H55rfY1i9kNxv9K9cj8yqnShqzo2L", 0.0001

then copied it into the window appearing after "load raw transaction"-> from text and clicked on load transaction. The result is: "Electrum was unable to parse your transaction".

So something seems wrong with that function in 1.8.1 at the moment.
The CSV code isn't in any release.  To use the CSV handling code, you have to create a CSV file and use my fork's new button to import the CSV.

Since i use the portable windows version i have to wait for the next version then. But i wonder why raw transaction from text is already included in the menu. Thats new i believe. But implemented without your code behind? Maybe its only for single transactions.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Note that this setup performs a single large transaction to all the addresses. This minimizes fees required.

Another item - you can test this feature by creating a CSV and loading it, but it does not try to send unless you confirm it - it chains into the raw transaction window that offers a sign or cancel option. If you don't enter a password (and have one set) then no TX can be made.

Code:

then copied it into the window appearing after "load raw transaction"-> from text and clicked on load transaction. The result is: "Electrum was unable to parse your transaction".

The CSV code isn't in any release.  To use the CSV handling code, you have to create a CSV file and use my fork's new button to import the CSV.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

I was reading this article by someone connected to the multi bit project. He talks about how the exposure of addresses in a wallet is minimized by using bloom filters with "noise" when querying full nodes for transaction data. Is that something that electrum does when connecting to electrum servers?

Because we're talking to random computers on the internet and not a trusted third party, the filter is designed to let you control your privacy. It is not a list of your addresses, as it is with the blockchain.info wallet. It's actually what we call a Bloom filter (named after Burton Howard Bloom who invented them in 1970). You can't directly get the users addresses back out of a Bloom filter, instead you have to test each one you find in the chain against it to see if it matches. Also, the filter can be made "noisy", which means it randomly matches some other addresses as well.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-chain-sizestorage-and-slow-downloads-for-new-users-252937
legendary

Code:

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
x-post from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-wallet-qt-any-better-for-mac-277470

Electrum is categorically not "just as safe".

How so, if you import your private keys, use a >30 character random letter, case, number, symbol passphrase with spaces, lock out all OS randomizer-generated seed addresses, and scan for keyloggers every run? Not talking about offline Armory (ultimate security?) here...

With moderate cost a hacked/rogue/network-intercepted server can tell you've that you've received payments you haven't really received, including payments of coin that doesn't really exist. Your client also sends its of addresses up to the server, so you lose your privacy towards it.

Has anyone submitted a pull request to make Electrum check all the servers against each other (increased sync delay, but nowhere near as bad as full blockchain download), and throw a red flag on the one(s) that don't match?

Not sure what to say about the second one, other than having a random set of addresses generated in the background every time for it to query, without private keys.
legendary
I had done it and it is in my fork. I had not attempted a push to get it included since I had not gotten any feedback on the format. I also got 'some' of the bounty - not all (though honestly w/ the bounty, not a huge deal - o realized I also offerred method of bounty payment as directed towards fundraiser, so I suppose some value could have gone there instead of the address is setup, woops.). Source code at: https://github.com/harningt/electrum

Currently based off 1.8 + some patches.

Input format (no header):
Quoted address, amount to send

Example file data

Code:

If this looks good, I'll rebase it off of master and then see about getting it included possibly.

Thanks... ill try it next time this way when i have a double transaction...
I have no idea about that functionality; I did not create, neither did Thomas. Are you sure this was pulled into Electrum master?
legendary
It would help if you clarify what CSV you are talking about.

Isnt that the only csv-function in electrum? I meant the csv Text or File Function that was implemented in the last version that was once requested by me and a nice person implemented it now. I think someone promised a bounty for this too then. Its for doing multiple transactions in one transaction. At least if i dont misunderstand the new feature since i didnt found any info about besides that address is first and value is second.
It would help if you clarify what CSV you are talking about.
legendary
How is the csv configured? I tried to use it but only get the error that it cant be recognized. I tried the usually used csv-formats. And i found in thread that the first is the address, second the amount. Thats all info i found since documentation isnt mentioning it.

How does the csv-text have to look alike?
I believe this was fixed in 1.8.1
Pages:
Jump to: