Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum - Bitcoin client for the common users (friendly and instant) - page 6. (Read 110004 times)

Activity: 475
Merit: 252

I also added the ability to set your own fee and set your own change address with a csv import.

format:
Code:
15mAaJjKRwHaH2XE5Q8Nc9QWm1vTZaVUHB, 0.001   < This is a normal bitcoin send row.
fee, 0.0001                                 < This is the fee amount you wish to set for the transaction (in BTC).
change, 1QCjHCCaifSFDMaR4KWDAfowZJiiqi7m7U  < This is the address you would like to send your "change" to. (This must be one of your own addresses)

This function along with the error fix from above is at the following link.
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/pull/578/files

Cool, this seems really useful.

Thanks. Good thing I saw your comment, because it made me go in and fix it so that you couldn't set a change address as one you don't own.

Then I ran into an issue where the leading space after the comma was being put into the change address... this is now fixed.
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Bitcoin Venezuela

I also added the ability to set your own fee and set your own change address with a csv import.

format:
Code:
15mAaJjKRwHaH2XE5Q8Nc9QWm1vTZaVUHB, 0.001   < This is a normal bitcoin send row.
fee, 0.0001                                 < This is the fee amount you wish to set for the transaction (in BTC).
change, 1QCjHCCaifSFDMaR4KWDAfowZJiiqi7m7U  < This is the address you would like to send your "change" to. (This must be one of your own addresses)

Cool, this seems really useful.
Activity: 475
Merit: 252
Can I make a friendly suggestion.  I have a list of hundreds of customers whom I pay weekly, and when I create a new CSV transaction and paste the list, I am never shown which line is faulty if any of them are.  The only way I can get around this is through "process of elimination" by pasting small chunks of the list at a time.  I do this about 50 times until I narrow it down to the 2-3 lines which had invalid bitcoin addresses or other strange oddities.  

Hoping for better error handling from this client eventually.. thanks.

Fixed! This will tell you which addresses were erroneous. It also lists which row in the csv that address was in.
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/pull/582/files

format:
Code:

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Can I make a friendly suggestion.  I have a list of hundreds of customers whom I pay weekly, and when I create a new CSV transaction and paste the list, I am never shown which line is faulty if any of them are.  The only way I can get around this is through "process of elimination" by pasting small chunks of the list at a time.  I do this about 50 times until I narrow it down to the 2-3 lines which had invalid bitcoin addresses or other strange oddities. 

Hoping for better error handling from this client eventually.. thanks.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I have updated my mac wallet to 1.9.7 and some addresses vanished  Shocked Shocked  Huh

How can I get them back??!

They are there. On the receive tab look under "used"

Unfortunately not there  Undecided

Were they addresses corresponding to imported private keys or addresses generated by your wallet seed?

Just installed the new version. The amount was the same and the seed is also the same.
But some addresses are not in
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564
I have updated my mac wallet to 1.9.7 and some addresses vanished  Shocked Shocked  Huh

Were they addresses corresponding to imported private keys or addresses generated by your wallet seed?

legendary
I have updated my mac wallet to 1.9.7 and some addresses vanished  Shocked Shocked  Huh

I have updated my mac wallet to 1.9.7 and some addresses vanished  Shocked Shocked  Huh

Activity: 208
Merit: 148
Where is the 1.9.8 release? I can see it's been ready for 10 days in github but no sign of it on electrum.org ??  Any issues we should be aware of?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002
hi,
i got  my 3 last transactions, still pending from 2 days now...  electrum issue ?
usualy that's solved in the next hours...  Roll Eyes

EDIT: problem solved :d
Bitcoin Venezuela
When you generate a new wallet seed those are the seed-generated addresses for that wallet.

But how do I delete these wallets I only want one for . I want it nice and clean, I right click I dont see an option to remove only can remove teh imported wallet which is exactly ehat I DONT want to do.
There is no option to remove an address.
yes you can remove an addr.

You can remove an imported address. You can't remove a seed-generated address, only freeze it and collapse the tree. I forget if there's an option on startup to not use any seed or restore from seed, and have an empty wallet you just import privkeys into.

There is not such option and if you delete the seed from the wallet file the software crashes sooner or later.

As mentioned before, just freeze them and use the imported one instead.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
When you generate a new wallet seed those are the seed-generated addresses for that wallet.

But how do I delete these wallets I only want one for . I want it nice and clean, I right click I dont see an option to remove only can remove teh imported wallet which is exactly ehat I DONT want to do.

You can remove an imported address. You can't remove a seed-generated address, only freeze it and collapse the tree. I forget if there's an option on startup to not use any seed or restore from seed, and have an empty wallet you just import privkeys into.
Activity: 174
Merit: 253

legendary

Activity: 420

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Activity: 420
I installed electrum and can I ask why are there already addresses in account I have not created ANY addresses this should be empty I cant even remove any. All I want in there is the one I import from my private key
Activity: 402
Merit: 100
🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜
I cant install Electrum on my Linux Mint Nadia:

Code:
sudo pip install http://download.electrum.org/Electrum-1.9.6.tar.gz#md5=0d92d137ba26136f3908f2bf50271fe3
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pip", line 5, in
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2835, in
    add_activation_listener(lambda dist: dist.activate())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 704, in subscribe
    callback(dist)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2262, in activate
    map(declare_namespace, self._get_metadata('namespace_packages.txt'))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1847, in declare_namespace
    _handle_ns(packageName, path_item)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1804, in _handle_ns
    loader = importer.find_module(packageName)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/pkgutil.py", line 186, in find_module
    file, filename, etc = imp.find_module(subname, path)
TypeError: must be string without null bytes, not str

and
Code:
sudo pip install slowaes
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pip", line 5, in
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 704, in subscribe
    callback(dist)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 2262, in activate
    map(declare_namespace, self._get_metadata('namespace_packages.txt'))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1847, in declare_namespace
    _handle_ns(packageName, path_item)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1804, in _handle_ns
    loader = importer.find_module(packageName)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/pkgutil.py", line 186, in find_module
    file, filename, etc = imp.find_module(subname, path)
TypeError: must be string without null bytes, not str

Seems my Python lib installation is broken somehow but I have no clue what it could be. Tried googling to no avail.

Please help

Bitcoin Venezuela
Thomas removed the OS X build, I need to ask him why, there was a problem with it I just can't remember what exactly.

The problem was that the client doesn't connect and the Network button/option doesn't work/open neither in OSX versions older than Mavericks.
Pages:
Jump to: