Author

Topic: error - page 128. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 10, 2014, 08:06:21 AM
No matter what happens, if a group keeps mining the diff will retarget and everyone will come back, and so on over and over.
This is not hurting the coin actually, and gives us early adopters and long-term believers a chance to buy really cheap when the diff is stuck high and the mine-dump miners jump out of the ship.

As long as a group will keep mining, this coin can't die. And looking in the long-term this is probably the only coin came out recently that has a real potential!

I'm mining from the start, and will keep doing so!
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
January 10, 2014, 08:05:58 AM

Pleased to introduce a new currency RPC pool
RonPaulCoin

Characteristics of the pool:
Payout system: PPLNS
Commission: 2%
STRATUM
VARDIFF
Server in Germany
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 10, 2014, 07:59:52 AM

The FIRST(and only?)NORTH AMERICAN pool is up!!!

URL: rpc.cryptotycoons.com
Please sign up and give it a try!!
Fees .5%  (Reduced!!)
withdrawal fees are 0.0001 RPC

If you appreciate the effort feel free to donate via mining in the pool or at:

I am also the owner of the official forum!
Check it out at http://ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com/
REdU5PFpQvDV3VKCCGzwxhXcNhaf561kzJ
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 10, 2014, 07:56:52 AM
I was under the impression "pump and dump" was referring to the market manipulators. Not people who mine-dump them. I am actually still confident in that impression. Mine-dump is NOT pump and dump.

In fact, if this large scale mine dumping is as predicable as you all are describing that it is, this is great news for an investor. All I have to do is come around during this times and buy up all the cheap coins, at regular predicable intervals.

Then I could tell everyone to do the same and they will. This will create quite the demand.

For example, I know that at time x because of difficulty y, big rig miner z will be dumping cheap coins. I tell everyone, come here at time x for cheap coins, and they will flock.

Killing the coin? Are you kidding me?

And this principle that I am stating above, along with the ones I've been pounding into the keyboard all night, are STRENGTHS.

Making it easier for the coin to be mine-dumped on a daily basis WILL KILL the coin because the dumps won't be at regular intervals, and that leaves the coin vulnerable to people who want to just constantly mine-dump it and move on to the next alt. Its funny how what you perceive as killing the coin is really only killing your ability to make perpetual profits instead of the big rigs making profits at regular intervals (which I can profit from as an investor and long term holder).

I hope the mining difficulty squeezes every last one of you "its killing the coin" mine-dumpers out of here. YOU are what will kill this coin if anything. Increasing difficulty means increasing long term value, no matter how you slice it. Move on to the next-alt if you think this coin will die. I will buy up cheap coins and hold long over the next couple of years and we'll see who profits more.

It does not matter what you say... i say almost the same thing many times here. But readers here only have quick mining and selling perspective. Most miners are fairly new to the game, and have no clue on other things but mining and selling immediately.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
January 10, 2014, 07:19:44 AM
We need a much faster retarget time. Hard fork asap.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
January 10, 2014, 07:07:32 AM
Investors that make profits engage in due diligence.
Upon thorough investigation of this coin as a potential to store vast amounts of wealth, a FORK brings questions like:

What, you weren't smart enough to do it right from the inception?
If you had to FORK it, that means you didn't know what you were doing...so why should I think you know what you are doing now?

It also opens up for rumors to spread quick about scams, etc. Even if they are not true, mind you. And what kind of SERIOUS holder of wealth would want to put millions of dollars in that?

As it stands right now, once we get that system tray icon fixed, this coin is CLEAN, and PURE, and SOLID.

People will look back and scrutinize everything and find that it was provably not pre-mined, and never forked because it knew what it was about, and stuck to it rigidly.

Maybe and hopefully for you personally you are right. Alt coins market learned me other things.
It´s simple - make quick profit, exchange to BTC and LTC and cower cost of power.

It´s not that why i am here, but i have learned this by making loss

A responsible dev who premined coins is much much more worth for a coin than early miners.
At the point miners come into a premined coin diffi is not 0. Its has already a value that makes it hard to mine.

Look at coinedUP there are wallets with a lot lot of PRC selling them @ high BTC levels
Yesterday i have seen wallets with more than 200 RPC.

I would feel much much better seen this coins in hand of dev than in hand of early miners.
Early miners only uses coins to exchange them to BTC / LTC, thats their job and thats why they are in bussiness.

Welcome in the world of new issued alt coins

Responsible dev uses them normally to support and work on coin together with community.

Activity: 532
January 10, 2014, 06:56:21 AM
Thing is, it wasn't done right though, the retarget time is clearly too long and its killing the coin.   Unless it really was designed for just pump and dump after all.
January 10, 2014, 06:55:55 AM
Investors that make profits engage in due diligence.
Upon thorough investigation of this coin as a potential to store vast amounts of wealth, a FORK brings questions like:

What, you weren't smart enough to do it right from the inception?
If you had to FORK it, that means you didn't know what you were doing...so why should I think you know what you are doing now?

It also opens up for rumors to spread quick about scams, etc. Even if they are not true, mind you. And what kind of SERIOUS holder of wealth would want to put millions of dollars in that?

As it stands right now, once we get that system tray icon fixed, this coin is CLEAN, and PURE, and SOLID.

People will look back and scrutinize everything and find that it was provably not pre-mined, and never forked because it knew what it was about, and stuck to it rigidly.

Maybe and hopefully for you personally you are right. Alt coins market learned me other things.
It´s simple - make quick profit, exchange to BTC and LTC and cower cost of power.

It´s not that why i am here, but i have learned this by making loss
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
January 10, 2014, 06:33:31 AM
the coin is perfect the way it is (system tray icon not withstanding) anyways.

Hey Dev... would you mind to perform a smal update of he client?:
system tray icon is still litecoin
iconlogo is stil the one with ron paul...
maybe the new logo in big on the wallet overview screen

January 10, 2014, 06:32:11 AM
You can watch live in a few hours what happes to this coin.
(if current hashrat 0.78gh/s will stay constant in 37 hours, if it goes down longer than 37 hours)

1.  @ next retarget Nethash will expode
2.  within the next 2000 blocks blocktime will be very very low ( mining mining mining ... )
3.  @ next retarget diffi will skyrocket
4.  coin will be unprofitable to mine, miner left coin, blocktime skyrockets
5.  very very low confirms of new mined coins
6.  very very slow transactions on trading, same reason as 5.

What happens to price i am not so sure. Normally price should go down

Fortunately, in this case, I don't think it will. Smiley
>We love Ron Paul, and the principles he is a champion of.
>We love the security of the transaction, and the decentralization of it, not the speed.
>I can look at the blockchain right away and see that the transaction is happening. And even if it takes 1/2 a day, thats way better than 3-5 days for a bank transfer! And with a bank transfer, I can't look at the blockchain! I have to TRUST people, not visible computer code.
>There will be plenty that will show support by mining because of re LOVE ution. Myself being one of them. Not for profit. The increase of the coins value will more than make up for my electricity costs, and sunk costs of not mining other alts, in the long term anyways, with the way this is set up.

only people i see losing in this proposition are regular-joe-miners who want to mine-dump and don't care about which coin they are doing it to anyways. and if they don't care about us, then why should we KILL the coin by forking it for them, when the coin is perfect the way it is (system tray icon not withstanding) anyways.

a fork won´t kill the coin. It´s the only chance to survive in my view. Investors won´t care if it was forked in the past. They only care about profit and they don´t use the word love. In the past i read in threats from silverinvestors ( phys. silver coins ) they should be sexy. After price brokes 50% i never read something about sexy or love or ... have you ever seen a sexy usb stick, harddrive or a stock Huh 

January 10, 2014, 06:18:57 AM
it
This coin will have the same problem as many others new alt coins. At next diif drop a lot of miners will come in and mine it as much as they can
to dump it as fast as possible and make profit. Within a half day the next retarget will go to mars, not to moon and miners will left it again for more than 4-5 days
util the next small diffi retarget. Coin lovers have to mine coin and keep transactions go one during unprofitable time. Block retarget is tooooooooo long.

Interesting. If there is any community that WOULD mine, even at moments of low profitability, it's this one, I would think.

I'm considering mining to support the coin, not for the profit. The profit for me is in the long term growth of the coin.

Is there a feasible way to cloud mine this? The technology is advancing too fast to make any large investment in equipment, since just about every day innovations are happening which make former equipment obsolete.

Yes, if you see it as a long long investment you need very very very strong power to control yourself and your rig.
After three or four cycles you feel scamed by yourself and you will give up.
If a speak from 3-4 cycles it could be at the end a month or even more. In times of new born alt coins one month seens to be years.
Make your selfcheck and report.
You will see what happens directly after retarget. Hashrate will skyrocket for the next 2000 blocks. Then hashrate will drop to very very low level.
Sorry for my bad englisch with german slang 

I lived in Berlin for 8 months (the international student building next to the lidl in potsdammer platz, no worries.) Smiley Verstehen zee (spelling?)

So, in the long term...what if a bunch of us decided we would dedicate our miners and hold the coins? Wouldn't the potential profit that we can make from the coins resulting increase potentially be MORE than what we would make turning over new alts?
it is that "holding" what is the problem... a lot of miner are for the quick buck...
if the price go up... then a multicoinpool like "middlecoin" will pump it all up (they have already 11Th) until it is not profitable anymore.
Can you imagine what a diff adjustment would be if they put all of the 11 TH on it?
they will leave us when it is not profitable anymore and the block time will be very high...
when you want to trade it will take x-numbers of block to confirm and it will take hours (maybe days) to get your balance over to a trading site.

it's a vicious circle...

i'm here from the start... I'm not mining this coin al the time, but I'm holding my 1.8 RPC (for what it's worth)

Awesome on the last part.
As far as transaction time: In the fiat world...if I was moving a million dollars, I would be happy with a half day transaction time.

I mean, its 3 days for a bank transfer as it is. If i want fast transaction times, I'll use other coins. But, if I am storing value that I want to increase over time, how much do you think I care about transaction times? Nada.

I think the miners around here are only looking at their own ability to profit, which is ok, but they aren't caring at all about the ideas we hold sacred and the inherent intention of this coin. So, they can move on to mining the next coin. Right?

Again, I don't doubt this the ability of this community to find people who would dedicate their mining power so that our transactions can be processed. And I don't think we are concerned with having fast transactions.

We love Ron Paul, and the principles he is a champion of. We love the security of the transaction, and the decentralization of it, not the speed. And if that's the case, then how does what everyone is saying about the difficulty mean the death of the coin?

Don´t use the word love, if you are talking about finacal  investment. And this it is an investment, even if you buy or mine.
you lose your love as quick as price will fall - always the same thing - use maths not love
January 10, 2014, 06:05:44 AM
You can watch live in a few hours what happes to this coin.
(if current hashrat 0.78gh/s will stay constant in 37 hours, if it goes down longer than 37 hours)

1.  @ next retarget Nethash will expode
2.  within the next 2000 blocks blocktime will be very very low ( mining mining mining ... )
3.  @ next retarget diffi will skyrocket
4.  coin will be unprofitable to mine, miner left coin, blocktime skyrockets
5.  very very low confirms of new mined coins
6.  very very slow transactions on trading, same reason as 5.

What happens to price i am not so sure. Normally price should go down
Activity: 126
January 10, 2014, 05:56:56 AM
People only come around every so often, when the difficulty is low, to mine and dump a large quantity ~ then the people wanting the coin, that couldn't get it as easy before, will buy them up quick whenever this takes place? Doesn't that only hurt the little guy's mining? How does it actually hurt the coin itself if the demand is there? Doesn't that HELP the value of the coin?
The main issue with that is the only ones benefitting from RPC are speculators and dumpers with big rigs, the average miner just has to watch it from the sidelines.
Once the diff shoots up to mars the coin is heavily hurt by all the big guys leaving, you are not helping a coin if the consequences you leave behind are a lower reward for miners and 4 times the transaction time for investors.

RPC needs fixing the block retarget time fast, otherwise it will fail hard when the next low diff craze leaves the coin at a 150-200 difficulty and miners leave again after dumping.

I've seen this many times now. Diff low .. means lot's of interrest. This results in dumping. This is ok. You should not worry about this fenomenon. A coin needs to crash to get higher next time. This is the way i make money and this works really well. Just don't try to expect double money in a few days. Just buy at low value and hold. Keep that for 6 months and then see were you are at. This coin has great potential, and i hope it will go lower just to buy it

I know retarget times are long, and this means it's hard to get next retarget. But when you see what the average hashrate is when diff is high, you'll see a growth. This is good, and this is a sign of a great momentum in the near future. A coin can only rise skyhigh when dumpers got rid of their coins, and speculators hold that coin. This is just how the system works. Nothing new... nothing scary.
Activity: 392
January 10, 2014, 05:51:40 AM
it
This coin will have the same problem as many others new alt coins. At next diif drop a lot of miners will come in and mine it as much as they can
to dump it as fast as possible and make profit. Within a half day the next retarget will go to mars, not to moon and miners will left it again for more than 4-5 days
util the next small diffi retarget. Coin lovers have to mine coin and keep transactions go one during unprofitable time. Block retarget is tooooooooo long.

Interesting. If there is any community that WOULD mine, even at moments of low profitability, it's this one, I would think.

I'm considering mining to support the coin, not for the profit. The profit for me is in the long term growth of the coin.

Is there a feasible way to cloud mine this? The technology is advancing too fast to make any large investment in equipment, since just about every day innovations are happening which make former equipment obsolete.

Yes, if you see it as a long long investment you need very very very strong power to control yourself and your rig.
If a speak from 3-4 cycles it could be at the end a month or even more. In times of new born alt coins one month seens to be years.
You will see what happens directly after retarget. Hashrate will skyrocket for the next 2000 blocks. Then hashrate will drop to very very low level.

I lived in Berlin for 8 months (the international student building next to the lidl in potsdammer platz, no worries.) Smiley Verstehen zee (spelling?)

So, in the long term...what if a bunch of us decided we would dedicate our miners and hold the coins? Wouldn't the potential profit that we can make from the coins resulting increase potentially be MORE than what we would make turning over new alts?
it is that "holding" what is the problem... a lot of miner are for the quick buck...
if the price go up... then a multicoinpool like "middlecoin" will pump it all up (they have already 11Th) until it is not profitable anymore.
Can you imagine what a diff adjustment would be if they put all of the 11 TH on it?
they will leave us when it is not profitable anymore and the block time will be very high...
when you want to trade it will take x-numbers of block to confirm and it will take hours (maybe days) to get your balance over to a trading site.

it's a vicious circle...

i'm here from the start... I'm not mining this coin al the time, but I'm holding my 1.8 RPC (for what it's worth)
Activity: 378
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
January 10, 2014, 05:43:39 AM
People only come around every so often, when the difficulty is low, to mine and dump a large quantity ~ then the people wanting the coin, that couldn't get it as easy before, will buy them up quick whenever this takes place? Doesn't that only hurt the little guy's mining? How does it actually hurt the coin itself if the demand is there? Doesn't that HELP the value of the coin?
The main issue with that is the only ones benefitting from RPC are speculators and dumpers with big rigs, the average miner just has to watch it from the sidelines.
Once the diff shoots up to mars the coin is heavily hurt by all the big guys leaving, you are not helping a coin if the consequences you leave behind are a lower reward for miners and 4 times the transaction time for investors.

RPC needs fixing the block retarget time fast, otherwise it will fail hard when the next low diff craze leaves the coin at a 150-200 difficulty and miners leave again after dumping.
Activity: 798
January 10, 2014, 05:21:29 AM
   RonPaulCoin Mac OS X Wallet

Tested on Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 and Snow Leopard 10.8.3. Compiled by instacash.

download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5xj83pl1jim8cd/RonPaulCoin-QT-MacOSX-instacash.zip

zip file md5: 1ef6fe3621e3d49acddd824545adb96d (updated 1/11)

screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/BpM4RCr.png

If your client doesn't sync, add the ronpaulcoin.conf included in the zip to: ~/Library/Application Support/RonPaulCoin/

Feel free to report errors via PM. If you like this, consider donating RPC:

RPC:   RAbxHkfbisd9MVVNZSVFhnvLEpxdkCaVFa

BTC:   15Db1ZGXW3i5z41mtYCVPhuZMDtmSwbXN3
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
January 10, 2014, 05:17:15 AM
There's no scrypt cloud mine
January 10, 2014, 05:17:04 AM

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 10, 2014, 05:06:51 AM
Thank you for the quick response! I am actually thinking this is good news for the coin. So, since I am part of this community, and since I love this coin~ and I appreciate your efforts and your thorough answer~ I can send you a tip to ease things for you a little bit, got an address? 

Thank you very much for this. As pool op and supporter of this coin it's my task to continue to educate and work the best out of a coin.

BTC: 1BuSomywNj78SQt6EZUMJtsr57RcT9CENe
RPC: RD2DreSYuF4PbHwG6rsEqgj6Xxd4EyxUvg
Activity: 364
January 10, 2014, 04:55:02 AM
I think the main issue with the price stability of this coin is that it takes so long for the difficulty to change... Why is the difficulty adjusted like this? This is something that might and should be changed for a more dynamic difficulty change
Jump to: