Author

Topic: error - page 211. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 01, 2014, 01:00:17 AM
This would make a good "campaign contribution" coin! We should notify Ron Paul, imagine him talking about his own coin on the news... Value past the moon.

And Obama can have his own coin... it will fail epic-ly, fork a dozen times, and once it is done doing all that, it will tax you if you don't mine it. I It shall be called the ObamaCareCoin
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
January 01, 2014, 12:53:30 AM
Activity: 420
January 01, 2014, 12:45:52 AM
Ron Paul Coin.

To the MOOOOOOONNNNNN
Activity: 257
December 31, 2013, 11:31:30 PM
Buying $100 paypal worth of RPC...PM the maximum coins you can swing please for $100. May consider more for competitive pricing if from the same person.
Apologies for the no crypro trade at this time. Hoarding coins at the moment.
Activity: 364
December 31, 2013, 11:06:46 PM
apparently network hash rate over 400mhash!

it says 363 MH/s
December 31, 2013, 11:00:01 PM
apparently network hash rate over 400mhash!
Activity: 113
December 31, 2013, 10:30:27 PM

I hereby vote you to be the most ethical coin-dev of 2013!

.-\:      /-.
     | (|:.     |) |
      '-|:.     |-'
        \::.    /
         '::. .'
           ) (
         _.' '._
        `"""""""`
Had to wait to the last minute, didn't we!  Grin

I absolutely agree, you have my vote colin!  thanks for being unlike most greedy devs!  Happy New Years, I'll be mining RPC till next year!
Activity: 186
December 31, 2013, 10:17:17 PM
In half way to get first RPC Smiley
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
December 31, 2013, 09:40:17 PM
I love this coin. Just taking a break to minedump some mooncrap...be right back!
Activity: 322
December 31, 2013, 09:37:39 PM
Currently pretty overpriced. Lets say you mine at 2mh/s and you get 5-7 coins a day. That would result in .3 btc a day which is over 200%-300% what you usually expect to earn mining other coins. But that's just me valuing the coin via mh/s at current difficulty for the day. But not all of us are looking at it for the day.

So basically, you're saying it's completely impossible for me to have made 1 BTC mining 1000 Cats in 24 hours too.  Or maybe 8 BTC from mining 1 day of dogecoin.  Or maybe being able to buy a car from one day of bitcoin mining in 2011:

Well, I could haev made near 2 BTC with doge if I dumped all of it at the 200 satoshi peak. Now im waiting for them to go up again but it seems they are stuck on the 50-99 range..

Not what I meant. If you mined in 2011 and sold in 2011 you wouldn't have a nice car with btc. If you mined dogecoin first day and sold dogecoin first day you wouldnt have 8 btc. If you mined RPC and sold first day you wouldn't have 10btc or whatever peoples estimated value is. I'm referring to current market value. If difficulty increases by 100 in the next week then the value of this coin will just shoot up. From my experience you don't sell something at its value in 2 weeks, you sell it at its "current" value. By all means hold your coins and watch your money sky rocket... pretty much the reason why we're mining this coin!

If I sold dogecoins at first day, I wouldn't have made as much money because it peaked when they were added on cryptsy I think, it went to 200 satoshi. Now they are stuck on 50-70
Also, Donate me 1 BTC to my address below, thanks.
Activity: 252
December 31, 2013, 09:36:03 PM
I love this idea for a coin but I want to point out something important. Just because it is rare does not make impossible to be a pump and dump and/or a scam coin.

Bitbar is mega rare with only ~8500 total bars, and yet it was insta mined with almost 3,000 bars mined in the first week.

see here http://cryptometer.org/bitbar_104_week_charts.html

So it doesn't matter whether rare or not, a coin can be instamined. We should say no premine, no instamine, and avoid saying "its not a scam cuz its rare."
This is a totally valid point. 3000 bars is almost half of the total bitbars (I'm taking your figures to be correct) which is totally outlandish.

RonPaulCoin was not insta-mined. So there you go. Smiley

I wasn't even the one to mine the genesis block. I left it up to the community and I personally started mining around block 2100

I hereby vote you to be the most ethical coin-dev of 2013!

.-\:      /-.
     | (|:.     |) |
      '-|:.     |-'
        \::.    /
         '::. .'
           ) (
         _.' '._
        `"""""""`
Had to wait to the last minute, didn't we!  Grin
Activity: 907
Merit: 1003
December 31, 2013, 09:28:47 PM
I love this idea for a coin but I want to point out something important. Just because it is rare does not make impossible to be a pump and dump and/or a scam coin.

Bitbar is mega rare with only ~8500 total bars, and yet it was insta mined with almost 3,000 bars mined in the first week.

So it doesn't matter whether rare or not, a coin can be instamined. We should say no premine, no instamine, and avoid saying "its not a scam cuz its rare."
This is a totally valid point. 3000 bars is almost half of the total bitbars (I'm taking your figures to be correct) which is totally outlandish.

RonPaulCoin was not insta-mined. So there you go. Smiley

I wasn't even the one to mine the genesis block. I left it up to the community and I personally started mining around block 2100
Activity: 112
December 31, 2013, 09:17:36 PM

Every new coin that is launched and gets picked up by the mining community because we think the coin has potential is going to get instamined.

The reason is because there is so much hashpower out there waiting to jump on any new coin with potential. You could say well, then the starting difficulty has to be set higher, the problem with setting a high starting difficulty for a new coin is that the Dev has to mine the genesis block himself, if he sets a high starting difficulty it gonna take forever for the dev to mine the genesis block, so to just say no to instaming, sounds good, but can not be done unless the dev himself has an enormous amount of hash power to mine the genesis block.
Activity: 23
December 31, 2013, 08:55:43 PM
In setting up the official Ron Paul IRC Channel per a convo with the OP, I'd like some help. Anyone who can help manage (e.g. startup and setup Mods for) an IRC channel please PM me and we'll chat.

Thanks.

In setting up the official IRC, we need everyone to LEAVE the IRC #ronpaulcoin in order for us to get it properly setup/modded, etc. So if you're in that IRC please leave (temporarily) ASAP or we will have to use another - less desireable - IRC channel name.

Thanks
Activity: 126
December 31, 2013, 08:42:54 PM
  Hey Colin H., you weren't ever in WA state were you? I used to know a Colin H.
Activity: 370
Merit: 251
December 31, 2013, 08:30:55 PM
Now we need a RAND PAUL COIN

umm lol no.
December 31, 2013, 08:28:20 PM
Icon to replace the Litecoin image in the source (ronpaulcoin\src\qt\res\Icons\toolbar.png):

December 31, 2013, 08:25:54 PM
In setting up the official Ron Paul IRC Channel per a convo with the OP, I'd like some help. Anyone who can help manage (e.g. startup and setup Mods for) an IRC channel please PM me and we'll chat.

Thanks.

I'm already idling in #ronpaulcoin on freenode ! So are a few others Smiley
Activity: 23
December 31, 2013, 08:20:04 PM

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
December 31, 2013, 08:03:48 PM
Now we need a RAND PAUL COIN
Jump to: