Author

Topic: error - page 209. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 10
January 01, 2014, 06:32:40 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

In celebration of both the New Year as well as one of the best new coin launches, the official twitter page of the Ron Paul Coin is offering a 10 micRon (.000010 RPC ) .001 RPC FREE in exchange for following on twitter! Test your wallet, get some free RPC, and get the newest scoop on RPC, pools, and crypto in general via the Ron Paul Coin twitter account.

Simply:
  • Goto twitter.com/RPCoin
  • Follow! (after being logged into your twitter account)
  • RETWEET the free RPC tweet - spread the love!
  • We will send a directly message to your twitter acct requesting the address where you'd like to receive your FREE RPC
  • You'll get your RPC in less than 48 hours!

This is only valid for a limited time so hurry and get your free RPC - this is only being done because the coin and twitter account is brand new. These may be worth more than BTC someday Smiley

RPCoin Twitter = free RPC!

*update* instead of paying more fees to the network (as much as I'd appreciate that, as I'm mining  Smiley ) the twitter promo amount has been changed to .001 RPC! Go follow/retweet and get your free RPC now, because this will only last for our first 100 followers Smiley
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 01, 2014, 06:23:59 PM
If anyone can help me get connected to one of these pools please pm me.

My wallet is connected and updated.

I try to connect to a pool and get this error:

Pool 0 difficulty changed to 32
Pool setup failed

and nothing else, my workers do not show a hashrate.

Thanks!

Are you trying to solo mine or mine at a pool? What are your is your cgminer command?
Activity: 33
January 01, 2014, 06:21:37 PM
If anyone can help me get connected to one of these pools please pm me.

My wallet is connected and updated.

I try to connect to a pool and get this error:

Pool 0 difficulty changed to 32
Pool setup failed

and nothing else, my workers do not show a hashrate.

Thanks!
Activity: 23
Merit: 10
January 01, 2014, 06:10:49 PM
lets get the freenode chan going!

Freenode chan is setup, but I don't believe its listed/linked in the OP or on the website? I think this would be a good idea to get in place, it will get some folks trading/buying RPC who don't have miners to throw at it.

Activity: 622
Merit: 500
www.cryptobetfair.com
January 01, 2014, 05:54:10 PM
lets get the freenode chan going!
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
January 01, 2014, 05:46:33 PM
You need to change this sentence on the website.  It sounds too amateurish, like the whole thing is duct taped together and will be used to buy things at flea markets:

"RonPaulCoin.com is a fan-based tribute and commemoration to Ron Paul because he has been the leading champion of hard money for 30+ years."

I would change it to something like this:

The Ron Paul Coin (RPC) is a secure, digital, open source based currency built upon the economic principles that he's promoted for the last 30+ years.

The word "fan" is just not a good word to use.  It's mostly associated with meaningless things like music bands.  Nobody says they're a fan of Socrates or whatever.

Concur........... Cool Cool
Activity: 907
Merit: 1003
January 01, 2014, 05:24:20 PM
You need to change this sentence on the website.  It sounds too amateurish, like the whole thing is duct taped together and will be used to buy things at flea markets:

"RonPaulCoin.com is a fan-based tribute and commemoration to Ron Paul because he has been the leading champion of hard money for 30+ years."

The Ron Paul Coin (RPC) is a secure, digital, open source based currency built upon the economic principles that he's promoted for the last 30+ years.

The word "fan" is just not a good word to use.  It's mostly associated with meaningless things like music bands.  Nobody says they're a fan of Socrates or whatever.

I like how you wrote that. I have meshed the various opinions of how it should be written and ensured it is professional.
legendary
Activity: 854
January 01, 2014, 05:12:12 PM
Could this coin be the next FRK?  Cheesy

Edit: only 7 coins a day @ 5.2mhs!  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1260
January 01, 2014, 04:33:23 PM

Activity: 30
January 01, 2014, 02:10:56 PM
Liking this coin and not just because it's centred on one of the few politicians I, as an ancap, respect. The creator of the coin seems in it for the right reasons and the fundamentals of the coin look good to me. Sick of seeing all the dodgy CCs with billions of coins each.

Only wish I'd found it before now. Keep up the good work!
Activity: 907
Merit: 1003
January 01, 2014, 01:18:16 PM
Colin, the site is much improved.  I like the new text graphic at the top.

When describing RPC, perhaps you could mention that this coin is intended as a tribute (or fan tribute) to Ron Paul because he has been the leading champion of hard money for 30+ years.  Bitcoin itself embodies hard money attributes however RPC explicitly honors the man who has fought so long and so hard to educate the world about them.

However phrased, I think it is important to use the words tribute and honor early on, to cement those in the reader's mind.

Just my .00000002 RPC
Point taken. Good idea. Site updated.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
January 01, 2014, 01:04:53 PM
I tried to send a contact email to the support at

http://rpc.cryptocoinpools.co.uk/

But I get this error: There was a problem sending your message. Please try again.

Any ideas ?

I might switch mining pools if I can get into contact with them

cobra I have direct contact with the pool owner what do you need?  Or stop by freenode irc and join #digitalcoin and msg ahmed or techbytes

Thanks - basically, my nickname AceCobra1 account is locked lol. I have I think around 8 or 9 coins. Basically, I was trying to withdraw my coins so I entered the 4 digit pin as usual. All my 4 digit pins at the same. I got it wrong twice so I might have well have a different one in this hence a locked account. I have made another account AceCobra2 with the correct pin. Do you know if he can unlock my account or redirect my withdrawals to the account ID I have on AceCobra2 ? Thx

Any updates ?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
January 01, 2014, 12:59:20 PM
I'd say not yet, plus I know Colin is already working on exchanges to some extent. Maybe give him time to set them up first?

In separate news: I was just contacted today by a reporter at the Washington Examiner and they asked me to write an article for their newspaper. I did so and I was very outspoken in my article in favor of Ron Paul, cryptocurrency in general, Bitcoin and of course RonPaulCoin specifically. I asked that my words in the article would not be changed at all. I'll see if they follow my request.

As you are probably well aware, RonPaulCoin is gathering attention quickly. I have also been contacted by several of you offering to help in various ways and I really appreciate it. Like I said from the beginning, I wanted to make RonPaulCoin a community effort and it is turning into one.

I am in the process of redoing the website and I will include a RonPaulCoin Community Staff page, so that we can be organized as a whole, and we will know who is in charge of what. This way we will not have 3 twitter pages and 2 facebook accounts, 4 github accounts, etc.

I just wanted to give you an update on what was happening. Whatever you're doing to contribute, it's working, and keep it up. Spread the word-- RonPaulCoin is growing, and growing quickly.

I'd like to get you on the altcoin version of Lets Talk Bitcoin, Lets Talk Altcoins. PM me - I'm friendly with the hosts of the show and I'm sure that we could get you in an interview if you're interested.
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
January 01, 2014, 12:10:18 PM
Colin, the site is much improved.  I like the new text graphic at the top.

When describing RPC, perhaps you could mention that this coin is intended as a tribute (or fan tribute) to Ron Paul because he has been the leading champion of hard money for 30+ years.  Bitcoin itself embodies hard money attributes however RPC explicitly honors the man who has fought so long and so hard to educate the world about them.

However phrased, I think it is important to use the words tribute and honor early on, to cement those in the reader's mind.

Just my .00000002 RPC

I just finished creating our new website: www.RonPaulCoin.com
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
January 01, 2014, 11:42:05 AM
This guy has a grievance against you https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4235041

Already sent a PM to him. Also added an email account to the front page for support.
legendary
January 01, 2014, 11:04:37 AM
Keiser Report 543, end of the year edition.  Subject:  The future of bitcoin

Give it a few weeks for RPC to be mentioned  

http://rt.com/shows/keiser-report/episode-543-max-keiser-983/
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
January 01, 2014, 11:02:18 AM
This guy has a grievance against you https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4235041
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
January 01, 2014, 10:58:41 AM
Did you already contact an exchange?

I like this rare coin.

I posted it on Cryptsy already, need more people to vote for it:

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/62074

liked  Cheesy
Activity: 27
January 01, 2014, 10:46:21 AM
Your "getting started link" on RonPaulCoin.com is not working.  I'm using a tablet so that might be why.  You might want to check it though.
legendary
January 01, 2014, 10:34:33 AM
Did you already contact an exchange?

I like this rare coin.

I posted it on Cryptsy already, need more people to vote for it:

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/62074
Jump to: