Author

Topic: error - page 206. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
January 02, 2014, 02:16:27 AM
You need to change this sentence on the website.  It sounds too amateurish, like the whole thing is duct taped together and will be used to buy things at flea markets:

"RonPaulCoin.com is a fan-based tribute and commemoration to Ron Paul because he has been the leading champion of hard money for 30+ years."

I would change it to something like this:

The Ron Paul Coin (RPC) is a secure, digital, open source based currency built upon the economic principles that he's promoted for the last 30+ years.

The word "fan" is just not a good word to use.  It's mostly associated with meaningless things like music bands.  Nobody says they're a fan of Socrates or whatever.

I support this Wink
Activity: 23
Merit: 10
January 02, 2014, 02:15:56 AM
rpc.muchhash.com has gone over 50 minutes with no blocks found, wth is going on? They have like 1/3 of the total network hashrate.........

Activity: 196
January 02, 2014, 01:55:16 AM
Here are some proposals that I think could get Ron Paul Coin off the ground:

1)  New coin image.  I've taken the liberty to make a submission.  If anyone would like it in vector form, let me know:

2)  It may be useful (and create some buzz) If we start calling .01 Ron Paul Coins "Rands".  After all, rand is about 1/100th of Ron when it comes to being principled Wink

3)  A proper website.  It currently looks like.. well.. a developer made it  Wink

4)  Since Ron is such a "hard money" gold / silver proponent, it would be cool to get some physical Ron Paul Coins out there sooner than later, and send one to Ron himself.  

+1 this design is great, you really capture his 'Ron-ness' :~}
Activity: 173
January 02, 2014, 01:53:48 AM
Here are some proposals that I think could get Ron Paul Coin off the ground:

1)  New coin image.  I've taken the liberty to make a submission.  If anyone would like it in vector form, let me know:

2)  It may be useful (and create some buzz) If we start calling .01 Ron Paul Coins "Rands".  After all, rand is about 1/100th of the man Ron is when it comes to being principled  Wink  .. and also, Rand is a prominent political figure right now.  

3)  A proper website.  It currently looks like.. well.. a developer made it

4)  Since Ron is such a "hard money" gold / silver proponent, it would be cool to get some physical Ron Paul Coins out there sooner than later, and send one to Ron himself.  

Activity: 69
January 02, 2014, 01:48:08 AM
WTS 8 RPC  0.045 BTC each  PM me

willing to do escrow

vee i just bought 1 on the buy/sell thread for .025 btc. since you selling 8 i would be interested but it would have to be for .02 each.
January 02, 2014, 01:45:42 AM
has RP endorsed this coin? would be better

i doubt it, doubt anyone has brought it to his attention. coin just released 3 days ago. however agree would be great if he did.
Activity: 170
January 02, 2014, 01:44:49 AM
WTS 8 RPC  0.045 BTC each  PM me

willing to do escrow

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
January 02, 2014, 01:41:05 AM
has RP endorsed this coin? would be better
January 02, 2014, 01:31:28 AM
Gonna got out an a limb and say none you of are libertarians. rest assured ron paul is not your normal politician, and imo he will have no issue with his likeness being used in the defeat of the federal reserve and central banking. again imo, he would be honored that a alt coin has been named after him.

[/quote]

Wrong.........there are a few on here....i favour Mises, Rothbard and co. over any Keynesian scums.
[/quote]

oh Lol i know i am not alone on this thread or this coin!  Grin  i just meant of the people i was quoting
Activity: 622
Merit: 500
www.cryptobetfair.com
January 02, 2014, 01:31:12 AM
I should have what I think is the first North American Pool online within the next few hours! Hope there is still interest for this!

i want in! the pool im on now is a little unstable. 
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
January 02, 2014, 01:28:14 AM
I don't know about mixing politics or religion or anything not neutral item(s)/topic(s) to mining coins and/or the economics of it, that's just my opinion.

This is a valid point. We should tread carefully in regards to this. Ambitiously, but with awareness that this is more than just a coin with implications that follow accordingly.

As long as we deal with these things before and as they crop up, we shouldn't have any problems.

Ron Paul Coin. TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOON

To add another concern, how does Ron Paul feel about a coin in his honor? Was it brought up to him prior to release? There is possible legalities that can occur, potentially, if he chooses to pursue them.

I don't think this would be an issue unless he has trademarked his likeness in any way. If he has, then the coin can still basically keep the same name, but change the logo and/or add a disclaimer to say that it is in no way official or affiliated in any manner with him.

Sev

Hope so, because politicians can pull enormous strings when it deals with legalities.

Gonna got out an a limb and say none you of are libertarians. rest assured ron paul is not your normal politician, and imo he will have no issue with his likeness being used in the defeat of the federal reserve and central banking. again imo, he would be honored that a alt coin has been named after him.

Wrong.........there are a few on here....i favour Mises, Rothbard and co. over any Keynesian scums.
January 02, 2014, 01:15:39 AM
well its like this he is and always will be a libertarian, but he realized that he had little to no chance of any impact thru the libertarian party. so with the exception of running for prez in 88 as a lib, he has always run thru the republican party.
Activity: 518
January 02, 2014, 01:07:29 AM
I don't know about mixing politics or religion or anything not neutral item(s)/topic(s) to mining coins and/or the economics of it, that's just my opinion.

This is a valid point. We should tread carefully in regards to this. Ambitiously, but with awareness that this is more than just a coin with implications that follow accordingly.

As long as we deal with these things before and as they crop up, we shouldn't have any problems.

To add another concern, how does Ron Paul feel about a coin in his honor? Was it brought up to him prior to release? There is possible legalities that can occur, potentially, if he chooses to pursue them.

I don't think this would be an issue unless he has trademarked his likeness in any way. If he has, then the coin can still basically keep the same name, but change the logo and/or add a disclaimer to say that it is in no way official or affiliated in any manner with him.

Sev

Hope so, because politicians can pull enormous strings when it deals with legalities.

Is he still a Libertarian? I though he's a Republican now, Liberal Republican I mean.
Activity: 148
January 02, 2014, 12:57:33 AM
I thought Brüno attempted a pump-and-dump on him and failed....?  Grin
January 02, 2014, 12:52:58 AM

Sev

Activity: 23
January 02, 2014, 12:30:47 AM
I should have what I think is the first North American Pool online within the next few hours! Hope there is still interest for this!

Very much so Smiley Post up a link when you're live and we'll tweet it!

We hit 480m/hs for a bit, BTW. Wow.......... Grin
January 02, 2014, 12:29:27 AM

Sev

Activity: 196
January 02, 2014, 12:26:18 AM

Sev
January 02, 2014, 12:24:09 AM

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
January 02, 2014, 12:21:12 AM

Jump to: