Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 83. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
January 21, 2014, 05:47:56 PM
Can they not make the difficulty change more dynamic like other coins ? I mean with doges and tagcoin, the difficulty changes so fast to adapt to the number of miners... RPC doesn't seem to do that
that's what the hardfork is for.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 21, 2014, 05:43:33 PM
We averaged 50 minutes per block for the past 20 blocks, with difficulty 78.27411168.    slow, but very much alive.

are we at hardfork yet?

At current rate, hard fork will occur in 5.28 days.
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
January 21, 2014, 05:43:03 PM
Sorry to ask this again, but I can't make it run (the new client) in Ubuntu 13.10 64 bits. Is anybody here using it too?

I appreciate any help, thanks.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
January 21, 2014, 05:36:16 PM
Can they not make the difficulty change more dynamic like other coins ? I mean with doges and tagcoin, the difficulty changes so fast to adapt to the number of miners... RPC doesn't seem to do that
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 21, 2014, 04:24:10 PM
We averaged 50 minutes per block for the past 20 blocks, with difficulty 78.27411168.    slow, but very much alive.

are we at hardfork yet?
Activity: 321
January 21, 2014, 04:20:35 PM
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 21, 2014, 04:15:11 PM
coinedup taking so slow to move from one page to another......so far 5 minutes.....still counting Cry Cry Cry

I think we should petition to get this coin onto coinmarket.io

I've been trading noblecoin there i'm impressed with there speed =)
Activity: 910
January 21, 2014, 04:14:01 PM
It seems that RPC is pretty much dead. No one is mining it... I have 31 RPC and am hoping for the best lol.

Once we make it to the lower difficulty it'll spring back to life. it's far from dead, its just not profitable until we hit the fork.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 21, 2014, 04:13:34 PM
it's not dead. It might look like it for a couple of weeks til we hit the fork. doge is stealing the spotlight now. Unless it gets technically broken somehow I think this coin will be around a while.
Activity: 364
January 21, 2014, 04:10:19 PM
It seems that RPC is pretty much dead. No one is mining it... I have 31 RPC and am hoping for the best lol.
legendary
Activity: 924
January 21, 2014, 04:09:49 PM
daemon is temporarily down

Oh dear
legendary
January 21, 2014, 04:01:41 PM
coinedup taking so slow to move from one page to another......so far 5 minutes.....still counting Cry Cry Cry
Activity: 321
January 21, 2014, 02:41:28 PM
It's enough that he get asked about it every time they ask him about Bitcoin.  And they will, because he has been the leading champion of competing currencies for 30+ years.

But I don't think Ron Paul will officially support this coin for real, I mean in the way of nearly promoting it, because I would never promote a coin with my own name Grin
Merit: 0
January 21, 2014, 02:19:00 PM
nonplusultra is a good pool. thanks Kanamatras.

On a side note I finally got another 7970 going after 3 weeks of waiting for a reasonable price, and then 2 weeks waiting on shipping, then 2 weeks of trying to get it set up on linux.

Its pointed at http://ron.n0nplusultra.net/ so we'll hit the fork just a little sooner.

If anyone wants to donate me a couple a btc to help cover electric I'll be happy to buy rpc with them.  Wink
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
January 21, 2014, 01:45:42 PM

I agree too. Short term logic dictates that the coin should decrease, but it can very well increase by ten folds if people like it and want to invest in it. Hashrate is merely a consequence of the value of the coin.
But there's also another tech aspect not to forget. This coin is only 23 days old. In 3 months, the market cap must be 6 times the current one for the RPC to stay at the same price (>80000 RPC instead of ~13500 RPC).
So if you think in 6 months 1 RPC = 0.1 BTC, you're betting on market cap of no less than 10 million $ instead of the current 200k $.

Don't get me wrong, that's possible, and even more is also possible. But I think this is some nice numbers to put in perspective.
At some point, the price will reach a bottom, and from there it will have no way to go but up. Taking into account what you are saying, I'm trying to estimate when that will be.

I am also thinking about the difficulty increasing as the price increases (due to increased interest in mining)...and as a result of that, people will have to sell less RPC for more in order to return on investment. If the price decreases, miners will leave. This leaves behind only dedicated miners, who are less likely to dump immediately because they will have already made their ROI, and they have a periphery interest in the coin doing well.

What are your thoughts on this?

None really, I can't predict the interest of people.
Maybe this coin already has potential to bring 1.5 to 2GH/s with a value of 0.02 BTC/RPC because most of people in the crypto world do share Ron Paul's ideas. This is not something measurable.
There's also the current hype on the alt world again, like one month and a half ago, because of the DOGE craze brining more people (chinese) in the scene.
If RPC is targeted, its value can double easily without any reason.

If I had to guess I would say this :
- retarget in 5 days
- diff still to high, nothing changes until ~1 week after
- people mining during that time are probably holders, so no market evolution whatsoever
- diff is finally down enough to make this coin as profitable as many other out there : 10$/MH/s
- net hashrate increase slowly while the price drops because the new guys are dumpers in majority (but then again, maybe not)
- it comes to a point where everything's balanced, and this coin, after a few up and down like in any market, is now worth 0.00X BTC per RPC with a difficulty of 10 to 15.

from there, either there's a hype around this coin, and the ratio holder/dumper increases, making the coin rarer and increasing its price, or there is none, and we should never see again 0.02BTC / RPC.

This is my guess, it makes everything relying on the real interest people have in this coin, like for any coin TBH. There's no magic Smiley

Edit : long term guess. Probably good, maybe a few millions $ market cap, which is excellent in the alt crypto world. So value per RPC could very well increase to its current value or 2x 3x more.
But I don't think Ron Paul will officially support this coin for real, I mean in the way of nearly promoting it, because I would never promote a coin with my own name Grin
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
January 21, 2014, 11:56:29 AM
I just downloaded the new client, but in 'bin' directory it only have the 32 version and it doesn't work with 64 bit version (I think so 'cause it does nothing at all, it doesn't even run when I double click on it).

What should I do?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==
January 21, 2014, 11:07:07 AM
I dumped this for 100k doge, should I feel embarassed?  Huh
January 21, 2014, 10:49:21 AM
Hey Folks

Pool operator of n0nplusultra pool here...

Our pool is online, with the newest wallet active and therefore we are ready for the hardfork and looking forward to it...
We really think the hardfork was the right choice of the dev team, to help the ronpaulcoin network grow....

Also i want to say personal thanks to colin and onaboat for working their butts off but also to the rest of the people who are working so actively in the community!!

cheers
Kanamatras
Activity: 23
January 21, 2014, 10:27:52 AM
There has been some really good comments in the last few pages (RPC store, merchants, android apps, to name a few). I would STRONGLY encourage all you folks who have ideas/suggestions to go to the official RPC forum so we can actually start getting these ideas to stick, getting specific folks to own it, setting bounties & contributing to them as a community, etc.

legendary
January 21, 2014, 10:01:21 AM
Short term plan from now to 6 months is to get some kind of goods/services that can be exchange for RPC. This will drive up demand to buy RPC. After all if one were to buy something for $100, one could buy into RPC for $60 and when the RPC rise to the equivalent value of $100, cash out and buy the goods/services.

Long term plan 6 months to 1 year is to get some retailers of electronic goods on board to accept RPC.
Pages:
Jump to: