Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 84. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
January 21, 2014, 08:48:43 AM
Hey people.  Here is some food for thought as we watch miners "dump" coins.

What if the early adopters of Bitcoin had simply held on to all of their coins?   Then very few people would have it, and the value would not be nearly as high today as it is.

When the miners sell, that gets the coins into more hands.  The more people holding the coin, the larger the community becomes and the more possibilities exist for trade.

If everyone simply held their coins without trade, things would stagnate very quickly.

Thus, our efforts need to be on building out real software, services, merchandising, etc.

For example, a simple idea that any one of us could do to earn some RPC:

Design and Print Ron Paul Coin T-Shirts.  They make it super easy at cafepress.com and similar sites.  Basically, just upload your design image.   If you really get into it, print up some mugs and hats while you are at it.

You could advertise them here, on the ronpaulcoin forums, at Daily Paul, RonPaulForums, Ron Paul meetup groups, at Liberty Conferences, etc. 

This type of effort would go a long way to building community support, earning you some RPC, and is a lot more constructive than sitting here bitching about people dumping RPC.

After all, why not dump them, if one has nothing to buy with them?

Another thought;  someone on ronpaulforums was really wanting some RPC but only has an android phone.  This person was begging for an android wallet.   Are any of us building one?

BTC4EVER summed it up for you guys perfectly. The so called "activists" should take their eyes off the coinedup price and start doing some work. No android wallet? Set a bounty on the forums. You want your RPC to hit 0,1? Then you should start spreading the coin instead of hording. 100 RPC bounty for a wallet should be the least the community should contribute. You have a shop seeling mugs? Offer some Ron Paul Mugs for sale with RPC. Browsing this forum from time to time and all I see is QQ about dumpers and price. This doesnt create the need to get involved with this community atm. My 2c.
Activity: 907
Merit: 1003
January 21, 2014, 08:40:00 AM
Requesting everyone add your mining support to RonPaulCoin!

LET'S MINE OUR WAY TO BLOCK # 13650 !!!

Only 187 blocks to go!
January 21, 2014, 08:38:40 AM
Network Info
Difficulty   78.27411168
Est Next Difficulty   3.89302949 (Change in 217 Blocks)

The change is not actually in 217 blocks. It's less due to the fork
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
January 21, 2014, 08:24:08 AM
Network Info
Difficulty   78.27411168
Est Next Difficulty   3.89302949 (Change in 217 Blocks)
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
January 21, 2014, 07:39:06 AM
OMG! I just woke up!

GOD DAMN! I NEED MONEY!

SOMOEBODY GIVE ME BTC TO BUY RPC! I CAN'T TAKE THOSE LOW PRICES! XD

WHO THE HELL WOULD DUMP SO CHEAP?!  Shocked

I think that due to the DOGE pump of this night, some are selling at any price to have more liquidity to buy doge, to resell them later..

I still believe RPC is far more valuable due to the low quantity, so I hold on, buy cheap, and wait Wink
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
January 21, 2014, 06:45:33 AM
Thanks, but it is not just a perspective.  It is a call to action.  Who here will step up and create/sell some RonPaulCoin merchandise?

If you create it and price it reasonably, I will buy it.  If you are first and the designs are reasonably attractive, I bet you could convnce colin to feature your stuff on the the ronpaulcoin home page.

Hmmm. I would too.

I'm just going to brainstorm here.

The first (head's side) of the coin was the right direction. I think that is an outstanding picture of Dr. Paul. I would like to see it shimmering and sleek looking with the same profile photo of him.

Then, I would probably be motivated to get it printed on shirts and hats with something like cafe press, except somewhere that would do it in bulk.

Then, I would accept a few different coins and say that all coins used to purchase this will go towards buying Ron Paul Coins. Maybe, that kind of defeats the purpose of getting people to use them. But, I guess the end goal in my mind, so far, is to increase the market cap...because the more valuable this coin becomes, the more that puts visible backing to what Ron Paul's represents (backing that many of us feel has not been accurately reflected by "votes").

The reason why I am not tending to go in the direction of popularizing use (at least not right away) is because other's criticize sexcoin and devcoin for trying to do something that the other currencies are capable of doing. So, I start thinking...what is our coin capable of doing that others are not?

Giving direct limelight to Ron Paul and what he represents! Obviously, the voting system is rigged and it is sad how so many people fail to realize it. Well, this coin is not pre-mined or fraudulent like "votes". It gives us something of value, that is likely to increase in value, which simultaneously shows how much support is attached to the man and his ideas by how big the market cap is.

I know it is impossible for some to imagine what I am about to say, So, believe me, this is a HyPoTHeTicaL...but, what if we can get the market cap higher than litecoin, or even bitcoin! Imagine how much that would do for showing what people really think through an unmanipulated, honest system of support!

Maybe what we should do is sell things that accept other coins, with the expressed statement that those coins will be used to purchase RPC from the miners (since none were pre-mined). Perhaps that should be our initiative? Treat RPC like the digital gold that it is. But, instead of buying physical gold with the money people pay, we buy RPC?

Why not encourage people to show support for him by buying RPC, keeping some to gain value, and donating some to Ron Paul (who will be happy because he can watch his collection of RPC also gain in value)? Everybody wins!

Perhaps we can even set up an exchange with Ron Paul Coin as the base currency instead of Bitcoin. And all of the exchange proceeds are used to buy RPC from the miners, which increases everyone's RPC holdings value.

just a brainstorm
Activity: 84
January 21, 2014, 05:10:17 AM
OMG! I just woke up!

GOD DAMN! I NEED MONEY!

SOMOEBODY GIVE ME BTC TO BUY RPC! I CAN'T TAKE THOSE LOW PRICES! XD

WHO THE HELL WOULD DUMP SO CHEAP?!  Shocked
Activity: 321
January 21, 2014, 04:14:35 AM
Thanks, but it is not just a perspective.  It is a call to action.  Who here will step up and create/sell some RonPaulCoin merchandise?

If you create it and price it reasonably, I will buy it.  If you are first and the designs are reasonably attractive, I bet you could convnce colin to feature your stuff on the the ronpaulcoin home page.

Hey people.  Here is some food for thought as we watch miners "dump" coins.

What if the early adopters of Bitcoin had simply held on to all of their coins?   Then very few people would have it, and the value would not be nearly as high today as it is.

When the miners sell, that gets the coins into more hands.  The more people holding the coin, the larger the community becomes and the more possibilities exist for trade.

If everyone simply held their coins without trade, things would stagnate very quickly.

Thus, our efforts need to be on building out real software, services, merchandising, etc.

Design and Print Ron Paul Coin T-Shirts.  They make it super easy at cafepress.com and similar sites.  Basically, just upload your design image.   If you really get into it, print up some mugs and hats while you are at it.

You could advertise them here, on the ronpaulcoin forums, at Daily Paul, RonPaulForums, Ron Paul meetup groups, at Liberty Conferences, etc.  

This type of effort would go a long way to building community support, earning you some RPC, and is a lot more constructive than sitting here bitching about people dumping RPC.

Another thought;  someone on ronpaulforums was really wanting some RPC but only has an android phone.  This person was begging for an android wallet.   Are any of us building one?
Very interesting perspective. I love how different ideas are discussed around here. This coin definitely has a future! I wish I could fast-forward to 2016 when people show their support for Rand (or dare I say Ron) Paul in the election by using this coin. Then, I wish I could fast forward from there to 2018 when the reward halves! This is going to be a looooooooooong ride my friends. But, it will pay off big to those who made it through what will seem like eons of time.

Again, thank you for your perspective. The points you make are good to keep in mind. As long as the price doesn't go TOO low, I can see myself patiently viewing it as, you know, good that the the coins spreading around. I suppose natural greed keeps one from thinking this way. But, what you have said makes a lot of sense.
January 21, 2014, 04:06:29 AM
Even if doge goes to some asininely crazy price, somehow hype will die down. I'm not sure how, but it can. So there is a definite pressure to get out of RPC right now. But the tide will turn. So hopefully people can trade in RPC after that point.
... Also don't forget Cryptsy. I'm sure many people have insane new profit from dogecoin, thanks to multimillionaires waving their money around (pumping doge). So from any plausible direction, whether Coinedup or Cryptsy, RPC has the potential to be deposited into.
No doubt about it. I wouldn't want to be left standing without any RPC when it happens!
Activity: 81
January 21, 2014, 03:54:28 AM
Even if doge goes to some asininely crazy price, somehow hype will die down. I'm not sure how, but it can. So there is a definite pressure to get out of RPC right now. But the tide will turn. So hopefully people can trade in RPC after that point.
... Also don't forget Cryptsy. I'm sure many people have insane new profit from dogecoin, thanks to multimillionaires waving their money around (pumping doge). So from any plausible direction, whether Coinedup or Cryptsy, RPC has the potential to be deposited into.
January 21, 2014, 03:48:38 AM
Hey people.  Here is some food for thought as we watch miners "dump" coins.

What if the early adopters of Bitcoin had simply held on to all of their coins?   Then very few people would have it, and the value would not be nearly as high today as it is.

When the miners sell, that gets the coins into more hands.  The more people holding the coin, the larger the community becomes and the more possibilities exist for trade.

Design and Print Ron Paul Coin T-Shirts.  They make it super easy at cafepress.com and similar sites.  Basically, just upload your design image.   If you really get into it, print up some mugs and hats while you are at it.

Another thought;  someone on ronpaulforums was really wanting some RPC but only has an android phone.  This person was begging for an android wallet.   Are any of us building one?
Very interesting perspective. I love how different ideas are discussed around here. This coin definitely has a future! I wish I could fast-forward to 2016 when people show their support for Rand (or dare I say Ron) Paul in the election by using this coin. Then, I wish I could fast forward from there to 2018 when the reward halves! This is going to be a looooooooooong ride my friends. But, it will pay off big to those who made it through what will seem like eons of time.

Again, thank you for your perspective. The points you make are good to keep in mind. As long as the price doesn't go TOO low, I can see myself patiently viewing it as, you know, good that the the coins spreading around. I suppose natural greed keeps one from thinking this way. But, what you have said makes a lot of sense.
January 21, 2014, 03:21:52 AM
I PMed Pete with this:

"I would like to see this (DOGE/RPC) on Coinedup. Not sure if there's a poll needed to see the garnered interest. But RPC was one of the first/only real spin-off coin from dogecoin, with a Doge-style figurehead representing a familiar belief. There's some RPC-developmental work being done all the time in the involvement of Ron Paul himself; and now people can use RPC to donate to Ron Paul's political campaign. I think it would be an interesting/unique way to say that you can easily support Ron Paul by using your Dogecoins, and it may actually get some good advancements pushed forward in the world politically. Anyway I was told to message you after posting about this elsewhere. I hope it becomes popular, if added."

Not my best literary work whatsoever (kind of bad actually), but it's there.
Activity: 130
January 21, 2014, 02:46:44 AM
I only see 3 p2pool instances running out there so far.  Let's go people!

2014-01-20 10:43:03.148957 P2Pool: 1917 shares in chain (1921 verified/1921 total) Peers: 3
2014-01-20 10:43:03.149118  Pool: 1661kH/s Stale rate: 1.1% Expected time to block: 2.3 days

I think something is wrong with the global stats, I currently have 40% of the pool speed according to the graph, yet:

2014-01-21 07:44:45.022612  Local: 1217kH/s in last 10.0 minutes Local dead on arrival: ~0.5% (0-2%) Expected time to share: 25.8 seconds
2014-01-21 07:44:45.022709  Shares: 852 (4 orphan, 9 dead) Stale rate: ~1.5% (0-3%) Efficiency: ~100.1% (99-101%) Current payout: 0.0030 RPC
2014-01-21 07:44:45.022791  Pool: 1674kH/s Stale rate: 1.6% Expected time to block: 2.3 days

According to my maths that should be 3 MH/s in total. Anyone have an idea how fast the Pool speed updates?

I'll have to check later if and what is wrong. Meanwhile, keep hashing away :-)
January 21, 2014, 02:10:02 AM
Hey people.  Here is some food for thought as we watch miners "dump" coins.

What if the early adopters of Bitcoin had simply held on to all of their coins?   Then very few people would have it, and the value would not be nearly as high today as it is.

When the miners sell, that gets the coins into more hands.  The more people holding the coin, the larger the community becomes and the more possibilities exist for trade.

Design and Print Ron Paul Coin T-Shirts.  They make it super easy at cafepress.com and similar sites.  Basically, just upload your design image.   If you really get into it, print up some mugs and hats while you are at it.

Another thought;  someone on ronpaulforums was really wanting some RPC but only has an android phone.  This person was begging for an android wallet.   Are any of us building one?
Activity: 23
January 21, 2014, 12:47:03 AM
Hey, anyone think RPC would benefit from a DOGE/RPC trade column on Coinedup ??

If you message pete on reddit I bet he'd add it.
Activity: 45
January 21, 2014, 12:27:00 AM

Probably. I'm guessing the big RPC dump going on right now is people holding RPC but wanting to jump on the Dogewagon. You true believers have any BTC for the cheap RPC sale going on right now?
January 21, 2014, 12:13:13 AM
Activity: 322
January 21, 2014, 12:02:39 AM
This is big news!   Well done onaboat.

I donated, and encourage everyone here to do so also.  If they see some donations, maybe they will talk about it on the Ron Paul channel, and really get his supporters interested.

http://ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com/RPCForum/index.php?topic=164.0

We can now donate to the Ron Paul Channel directly Smiley

They have a wallet setup, know how to use it, and have also apprised them on exchanges if they so choose to sell. But they have communicated that they intend to hold and see where this goes! Let's thank them for spreading the good Dr's words!

-onaboat
wow great news! this is so getting better and better!
January 20, 2014, 09:29:45 PM
This is big news!   Well done onaboat.

I donated, and encourage everyone here to do so also.  If they see some donations, maybe they will talk about it on the Ron Paul channel, and really get his supporters interested.

http://ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com/RPCForum/index.php?topic=164.0

We can now donate to the Ron Paul Channel directly Smiley

They have a wallet setup, know how to use it, and have also apprised them on exchanges if they so choose to sell. But they have communicated that they intend to hold and see where this goes! Let's thank them for spreading the good Dr's words!

-onaboat
January 20, 2014, 08:57:11 PM
I'm sure that there is a much larger percentage of Ron Paul supporters in the crypto community than there is in the public at large. I feel like this will provide some support for the coin overall that other coins do not possess. doge is good because people like dogs. rpc is good because of the libertarians and sound money people in the crypto community.

For the most part I could die without ever turning a profit on my rpc investment and be happy. I'm glad that this coin exists because it gets people interested in Dr. Paul and perhaps someone who has not heard of him will look into why he has an alt-coin named after him and be educated.

Some on this thread see this as just another alt to profit from but I think most see it as more than that. To me owning and supporting Ron Paul Coin is a public service and they will have to pry them from my cold dead fingers whatever their value.

It has already gotten people who are interested in Ron Paul to be interested in cryptocurrencies for the first time. And I'm sure it will do the same in reverse is well-- Those people already following cryptocurrencies will get interested in Ron Paul and what he's all about.

It's a brilliant bridge currency.
Pages:
Jump to: