Author

Topic: Esports Prediction & Discussion Thread - page 219. (Read 68402 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1630
Frankly, my chance of winning in e-sports bets is much higher than the other sports bets. I think that it is a big advantage to make a bet on League of Legends especially after seeing the team compositions. My only problem is that it is really very hard to make a live bet on e-sports on gambling websites. Odds are generally closed. Therefore I started to make combined betslips.

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1175
Tomorrow the next crazy matches in the Intel Extreme Masters Season XVII - Cologne
G2 Esports vs Movistar riders imt hink G2 will win this match
Ninjas in Pyjamas vs Heroic here is a bit hard to say who win im think heroic butt Ninjas are not to bad they had a chance to win.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1231
Chinese team Tyloo knocked out Mibr. Neither team could win their chosen map. As such, it went to the last map. Tyloo continued the tournament with a better team play in the last map. In the other lower bracket match, the Brazilian team managed to eliminate their opponent. This time, on the contrary, both teams won the map they picked and it was left to the last map again. The last map was nuke. Imperial started 13-2 ahead with a very good ct performance. T side struggled a bit but managed to overcome their opponent.

Big-Astralis and Sprout-Vitality matches continue. Astralis and Sprout are up 1-0. I think Vitality and big will turn the matches.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403
I just notice that LGD is having a hard time on there DPC tournament which might be placed on the lower bracket. They might really give this DPC points to other teams.

Nah they are not having any hard time at all. They are taking their leisure time probably going to skip the major as the current patch is probably the last patch for TI so their plan could be saving up their trump cards for TI ( and helping the teams on their region for direct invite )

Its confirmed now that PSG.LGD is the 1st invited team for TI and the next one would most likely be OG. OG is currently 1 point short from getting the direct invite and after the current DPC they will get that direct invite
copper member
Activity: 2044
Merit: 793
IEM matches this week are very exciting, both BIG and Vitality managed to win their first match. The big surprise we saw with the underdog 00Nation winning against Astralis in the first match. That was a bad loss for me that I want to recover now before the weekend. Astralis only managed to win 6 rounds against the Brazilians. In a best of one game it can go either way, but that match was really one sided. Astralis will be playing against BIG today and even though I am a big fan for BIG, I think Astralis will take that game. The second match today will be TYLOO against Mouz, should be an easy win for Mouz, so far TYLOO hasn't really convinced me. And tonight is also 00Nation vs Imperial a Brazilian only match, I think 00Nation is hyped now after their win against Astralis and will take that match. For tomorrow there will be Heroic vs NiP which is going to be a very close match, not going to bet here. A save win for me looks like Cloud9 vs OutSiders, Cloud9 should win this game.

Some of the matches have really gone weird ways to say the least, currently BIG vs Astralis battling it out for a spot at the group stage, BIG have been the better side in this first map, it's currently 11-4 lead in their favour, at that's Astralis map pick (Nuke 2), so I'm expecting more from Astralis here, maybe the CT side would better though, because it's been one way game so far here.

EDIT: Astralis won the first map, without even needing OT, the first map ended 14-16, That'd be sure a blow to BIG because the seemed to really have the map at their mercy. Will BiG be able to bounce back in the 2map Dust 2 ?
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
IEM matches this week are very exciting, both BIG and Vitality managed to win their first match. The big surprise we saw with the underdog 00Nation winning against Astralis in the first match. That was a bad loss for me that I want to recover now before the weekend. Astralis only managed to win 6 rounds against the Brazilians. In a best of one game it can go either way, but that match was really one sided. Astralis will be playing against BIG today and even though I am a big fan for BIG, I think Astralis will take that game. The second match today will be TYLOO against Mouz, should be an easy win for Mouz, so far TYLOO hasn't really convinced me. And tonight is also 00Nation vs Imperial a Brazilian only match, I think 00Nation is hyped now after their win against Astralis and will take that match. For tomorrow there will be Heroic vs NiP which is going to be a very close match, not going to bet here. A save win for me looks like Cloud9 vs OutSiders, Cloud9 should win this game.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
I've updated the calendar in the OP! who's excited for some Apex Legends and Call of Duty action this month? both will have a Major with massive prize pools

on a different note, another BR team knocked out of IEM Cologne https://www.hltv.org/news/34189/tyloo-knock-mibr-out-of-cologne-play-in

later today, 00NATION V Imperial, this is gonna be a bloodbath 🔥 smells like a Over 2.5 maps and Gaules getting 500k viewers on his channel lol
Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa
I really doubt that other chinese team has a chance to win on Arlington Majors besides LGD since team from WEU, EEU and America is clearly improved and level there games that can rival again chinese dota.
We'll see, I want to say the same thing but the other Chinese teams have veteran players as well so I wouldn't count them out right away but I agree that the other regions did step up during the Stockholm major.

This upcoming major is the first time again that we will witness Chinese team to face other Nations team since they didn’t show up on Stockholm majors but I’m really curious if there old style will still effective to other nations team especially on WEU team.

I just notice that LGD is having a hard time on there DPC tournament which might be placed on the lower bracket. They might really give this DPC points to other teams.
legendary
Astralis eliminated a relatively easy opponent yesterday. Complexity is not a strong team. We can say that Astralis was an easy target. Yesterday was another match where I was surprised by the result. Movistar Riders-Vitality, of course. I thought it would lead to the mirage map. But Vitality failed to make a presence on their chosen overpass map. We can say that this led to their defeat.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1870
Dota2: Team Bald managed to beat Brame after losing game 1. Bald Reborn have really stepped it up and taking advantage of a few broken strats to beat better teams. Brame have completely lost the plot this season. After winning their first match against EU rejects, they have lost now 5 straight.
After Brame lost their mid player they're most likely out of the tournament but it was surprising to see them at least grab a map against Team Bald though.

Brame is currently tied with 11monkeyz as both of them only have 1 series win. If it goes to a tiebreaker I still think they'll lose but 11monkeyz are still facing EU rejects at the final week and likely going to avoid the tiebreakers.

Also Team Secret got a crucial win against Gladiators which puts them now at 3-3. They still have one series left and that's against Goonsquad which should likely put them at 4-3 then there's a potential tiebreaker between them and the loser of Entity vs Liquid later today.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
But those plays really aren't satisfying and it feels like it wasn't them that have played. Anyway, let's just give it the benefit of the doubt and look forward to other games for other teams and regions.
I'm looking forward to Team Aster v Xtreme tomorrow, it's pretty much a Final for both teams. And Vici Gaming will be playing their own final against Aster.Aries. Huge day in DPC CN
Aster.Aries defeated VG and it's 2-0 for them.

While Aster, also won against Xtreme gaming for 2-0.

Well, these two Aster teams have been doing well and if both will able to finish this DPC season tour 3 at those places that will make them qualify for Arlington. It's still allowed right? Only in TI is allowed to have one team for the same organization.
Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Was that Yuragi of OG for Dota 2 that was eating during the final clash that they have in game?

What a guy. That's totally a sign of chill for their opponents as they're winning already. While on the other hand, ATF(Ammar the F) dropped the "mantle of intelligence" on their opponents outside near the fountain.
legendary
Heroic was very good as a team. Especially stavn worked wonders again.Heroic, became the first team to get a ticket to iem cologne.The Mouz squad is not bad, but something is clearly wrong.The Spirit-00Nation and sprout-Pain matches continue. 1-1 in both matches.I'm following those matches with excitement for now.I think Big, Vitality and Astralis will be the winners from the other matches that will start.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1175
Tomorrow the next 3 big matches in the Intel Extreme Masters Season XVII - Cologne
BIG vs Outsiders im hopw and think BIG win Germany Go  Grin butt the outsiders are not to bad at all, im hope Big dont underrated outsiders.
Complexity Gaming vs Astralis for sure win Astralis they are to strong for Complexity
Movistar Riders vs Vitality im think Vitality will win this, the riders are better than complexty butt not strong eneugh for Vitality.
legendary
Heroic managed to beat Sprout without much difficulty. Sprout didn't show much of a presence.
Spirit defeated Complexity. Complexity didn't play badly but they are still not good as a team. I think they definitely need to change their roster. Otherwise they will not succeed.

The Mouz-Pain match was more competitive. But Mouz used his experience to win in overtime.

Big and Outsiders also beat their opponents. The only match that surprised me was 00Nation-Astralis. 00Nation won with a dominant game. Astralis couldn't do anything.

I won my bet, I just somehow knew one of these favorites would mess things up, BIG and Outsider were highly dominant from the big of the match, I was surprised by Astralis tbh.

What's your take on BIG vs Outsider and Team Spirit vs 000Nation, ML for Both Team Spirit and BIG is currently a combined 2.17 Odds, I feel like I can trust BIG to win but I'm not so confident of Team Spirit.

Spirit lost power after Degster left. Degster was a very important player for them. I think they will have a hard time until the new young awper gets used to it. 00Nation has a slight advantage in this match.

Big-Outsiders is a bit risky. But I'd go with big. But it's still up to you. He managed to beat world number one faze twice in the big roobet tournament and became the winner.

copper member
Heroic managed to beat Sprout without much difficulty. Sprout didn't show much of a presence.
Spirit defeated Complexity. Complexity didn't play badly but they are still not good as a team. I think they definitely need to change their roster. Otherwise they will not succeed.

The Mouz-Pain match was more competitive. But Mouz used his experience to win in overtime.

Big and Outsiders also beat their opponents. The only match that surprised me was 00Nation-Astralis. 00Nation won with a dominant game. Astralis couldn't do anything.

I won my bet, I just somehow knew one of these favorites would mess things up, BIG and Outsider were highly dominant from the big of the match, I was surprised by Astralis tbh.

What's your take on BIG vs Outsider and Team Spirit vs 000Nation, ML for Both Team Spirit and BIG is currently a combined 2.17 Odds, I feel like I can trust BIG to win but I'm not so confident of Team Spirit.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
Dota2: Team Bald managed to beat Brame after losing game 1. Bald Reborn have really stepped it up and taking advantage of a few broken strats to beat better teams. Brame have completely lost the plot this season. After winning their first match against EU rejects, they have lost now 5 straight.

Twitch really seems to be enjoying the fact that Gorgc is winning competitive matches again.  Cheesy
legendary

copper member
There were no very important matches today. Tomorrow the iem cologne play-in matches start. I will be anxiously waiting for the match times. Among the first matches, there are 2 matches whose results I am curious to see.
The first is 00Nation-Astralis and the second is Mibr-Movistar Riders. I think both matches will be more enjoyable than the other matches, with closer scores.
IEM cologne hype

imo, movistar>mibr
and 00nation vs astralis might go over?

I might place a fiverr on this parlay:

Spirit ML - Col
Over for Mouz - pain
Heroic ML - Sprout
Big ML - Order
Movistar ML - mibr
Vitality ML - tyloo

I like your parlay, it looks unless we've a team that decides to go nuts..

I've got;

BIG ML vs Order
Imperial vs Outsiders ML
00Nation +7.5 vs Astralis  just for the start...

It's a BO1 series so just one bad start could ruin all, but let's see.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1870
Looking at the current overall DPC rankings. Only LGD and Team Aster are in the top 12. But Team Aster's 640 points is not enough to qualify in the TI. Team Aster needs to participate in Arlington in order to gather more points. EHOME is actually ranked 31 with 51 points. The rest have zero points at all.
I feel like Aster might fall short in points as they used to have a history of performing badly in the majors while RNG and Xtreme seem to have better chances of qualifying through points if both of them maintain the top 2 spots of the standings until the final week.

I really doubt that other chinese team has a chance to win on Arlington Majors besides LGD since team from WEU, EEU and America is clearly improved and level there games that can rival again chinese dota.
We'll see, I want to say the same thing but the other Chinese teams have veteran players as well so I wouldn't count them out right away but I agree that the other regions did step up during the Stockholm major.
Jump to: