Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH GPUs miners beware! - page 5. (Read 20730 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 103
February 15, 2018, 11:49:40 AM
ETH/ETC are going to be more centralized... The concept of decentralization is going to die?
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
February 15, 2018, 11:03:26 AM
I think. The main developers of Ethereum are very well prepared for such a thing. And it would be very crazy to launch a dedicated machine at this point in which the plasma protocol on the proof of stake are about to be implemented
They are going to mine ETC or other Ethash algos coins if ETH is only POS.

Yes looking like a good time to buy up some etc🤓🤣.  But seriously even looking at goin hybrid this makes sense. Rewards will drop during the conversion forcing use of asic to keep chain alive or price will have  to rise according to percentage of pow/pos.  Going to be an interesting transition if it ever happens. 

BR
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
February 15, 2018, 09:09:23 AM
I think. The main developers of Ethereum are very well prepared for such a thing. And it would be very crazy to launch a dedicated machine at this point in which the plasma protocol on the proof of stake are about to be implemented
They are going to mine ETC or other Ethash algos coins if ETH is only POS.
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
QuickX ICO
February 15, 2018, 08:58:06 AM
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
February 15, 2018, 07:14:09 AM
There are rumours that Bitmain has set its sights on ETH and will be releasing an ASIC in Q2 or Q3 of this year!

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/02/12/eth-asic-arriving-soon/

Just rumors for now, but thanks for sharing anyway as it's something that might happen. It would really shake whole eth mining community. Any chance of some real info from bitmain?
Activity: 186
Merit: 11
February 15, 2018, 07:12:37 AM
so it means that it's not worth to start buying gpus and building rigs?
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304
February 15, 2018, 06:54:04 AM
But, they will produce an Asic to a coin that will move to POS soon?
Activity: 50
February 15, 2018, 03:34:16 AM
16x mining rig for sale 1070ti we're about to wiped off the earth
Activity: 4
February 15, 2018, 02:03:41 AM
Deep Learning Accelerating Card SC1
Pre-Batch of Cyber Monday Nov. 8 ~ Nov. 18, each user can buy up to 10 units of SC1. You will get the same amount coupons equalling to the quantity of SC1s purchased successfully at Cyber Monday (each coupon valued 50% of the price of SC1). These coupons can be used to purchase our next generation DL card SC3. SC3 will be equipped with BM1682, and scheduled to ship in 2018 Q2!

$589.00

Weight: 0.613 kg

Quantity:-  
 +
Sold out
While Sophon SC1 features abundant functions supporting multiple application scenarios, due to the large number of design-in customers, we may not have enough resources to provide further technical support for the standard features beyond those we announce. Please purchase with caution. Keep tune, looking forward to the upcoming new features!

*** anyone have any info on the above or have one on order ?
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
February 14, 2018, 10:40:40 PM
Nvidia already said it will not focus on mining in 2018 and that tells us they know there is something they cant compete with.

No, it says they prefer to stick with selling to GAMERS because that is a far more stable market that they DOMINATE.

Correct ... Also ... What the say publicly and what they really do are way different.  I'm a firm believer of mean what you say and do what you say, but large companies don't and can't operate like that.  It doesn't make sense to the consumer or the shareholder.
Activity: 259
Merit: 108
February 14, 2018, 10:34:02 PM
Nvidia already said it will not focus on mining in 2018 and that tells us they know there is something they cant compete with.

No, it says they prefer to stick with selling to GAMERS because that is a far more stable market that they DOMINATE.

Watch the NVidia CES keynote. GPU’s are a small fraction of their business. AI and autonomous driving is where they are focusing and have been for some time. Nothing to do with ASICS and ETH
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
February 14, 2018, 10:30:10 PM
Look at the difference between the top hash power and second place

https://eth.nanopool.org

So there are ETH farms? If Bitmain were testing an ASIC for ETH, do you really think they would make it obvious by mining on a public pool? Nobody knew about the SIA Bitmain A3 until ASIC's for SIA were already announced for it and it was available for pre order from Bitmain for delivery in days. But you believe somehow Bitmain coming out with an ASIC for ETH, that nobody has been able to do for years is announced months ahead of time? LOL

Watch for what algorithms get added to Antpool, THEN you have a clue what new miners Bitmain is working on and fairly close to release.
 Which is scary because they HAVE added pools for ETH and ETC.....

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
February 14, 2018, 10:29:06 PM

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319
February 14, 2018, 06:30:49 PM
...Yes now they can build asics for eth and sell to idiots cause they are paying $1000 for a rx 580 30mhs...

You have probably said this line a 100 times in the last couple months. Who pays that much? RX 570/580 can be easily gotten for $500 (which I would never do) and with just a tiny bit of effort can be gotten for $329-$400.

What evidence do you have that there are a ton of idiots willing to pay $1000 for a 580?

He's just bitter, venom and hatred pours from all his posts, because he missed the mining train
Activity: 182
February 14, 2018, 03:31:34 PM
Well this is intresting. What if Bitmain is the secret company who ordered chips from Samsung?  Shocked

Up till now, a Taiwanese company, TSMC, has been the main producer of the ASIC chips for miners.

Although GMO Internet from Japan has announced will be mass producing ASICs with 12nm and 7nm chips.

Ebang got the samsung 10nm chips, the ebit 18T/Hs is already on peoples shelfs.
GMO will be contract only, 5 million usd for 2 years, fees not yet disclosed.
Activity: 394
Merit: 101
February 14, 2018, 03:28:52 PM
Why do you keep referring to them as trolls?

I guess you must be new within the community, when I refer as trolls or troll I mean people or person in general, not specific.

Yes I am pretty new here so this is indeed the first time I've come across you here or most people here for that matter. Anyways my point was simply that iGPU mining for cryptonote currencies like Monero actually works very well. By itself it won't help you much, but combined with a lot of other workers, it all adds up.

did apple start making GPUs??
Activity: 42
February 14, 2018, 03:27:50 PM

I guess you must be new within the community, when I refer as trolls or troll I mean people or person in general, not specific.

Yes I am pretty new here so this is indeed the first time I've come across you here or most people here for that matter. Anyways my point was simply that iGPU mining for cryptonote currencies like Monero actually works very well. By itself it won't help you much, but combined with a lot of other workers, it all adds up.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
February 14, 2018, 03:25:40 PM

Activity: 42
February 14, 2018, 03:14:19 PM
What evidence do you have that there are a ton of idiots willing to pay $1000 for a 580?

Evidence? Are you for real? You must be kidding right? trolls are using igpu to mine and you say they are not? They are desperate, they are insane, they are mindless and if you sum up they would even pay $9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 for a rx 580, know why? cause they are sick.

Here you go and buy this rx 580 for $719, looks like they are on discount from 2 weeks ago and that is within usa, imagine the price outside usa, in europe would be 720 euros, in uk 720 gbp and developing countries, 2 or 3x that prices, go to africa and buy it for just $1400 or brazil for $1400.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6V66J47564

one article regarding nvidia crypto mentioned about why nvidia and amd can not supply enough GPUs to market during this white hot demand is because of the manufacturing company TMSC is in full throttle and no f* way to meet the demand.

How can you stop idiots from throwing $1000 for rx 580 for 30mhs? Build asics with a partner and earn more money for less from those idiots.

Why do you keep referring to them as trolls? Do you even know what a troll is? How does mining on an iGPU make someone a troll anyways? All it shows is that someone has extra computing power they want to throw at mining. That's their choice, more power to them. The Intel Iris Pro 580 is pretty comparable to a mid range NVidia GPU so for cryptonote currencies, it's not a bad idea to mine with an iGPU. Anyways, a troll is someone that's messing with you for fun or as a joke/prank. So how is someone mining with an iGPU trying to pull a prank on you or even affecting you in anyway?

I would agree with you that individuals are crazy for spending so much on GPU's for mining cause they'd probably never make back the money they spent. Still that doesn't make them trolls, or anyone else here trolls for that matter. No one is trying to pull pranks on you here.
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
February 14, 2018, 03:09:00 PM
@Metroid, exactly, one of the problems is whales and everybody else buying up all the gpus no matter the prices, I can totally imagine people standing in lines just to buy $2k 1x 1080ti lol,

I don't understand why trolls are trying to prove me wrong, many of them bought titan v for $3000 to mine eth 79mhs, titan v is gone and that is $3000, imagine what would they do for a rx 580 30mhs.

Come on you trolls must wake up to reality, this is stupid, yesterday was beyond, trolls buying apus igpus to mine eth or cryptonight.

I like the asic idea cause this is already out of control, retailers are thinking with every gpu you buy from  them you are mining 1 btc which is almost 10k again, think they will sell them cheap? even if they buy them for $300 they will still sell their gpus for a lot more, right now 2x and in some case 3x and in extreme cases, 5x cause you are earning 10k per day per gpu and they are earning nothing even if they sell for 5x to you and that is what they think.

And the funny thing is, the more desperate and stupid you troll are, the more overpriced and greedy they will be. Think about it you troll and never pay more a msrp, my friend is a miner and he never paid more than $220 for a rx 580.

You what Metroid? I never thought I would actually want to say or wish it since I'm a miner too, but I can't wait for the earnings to drop to 0,5$ or even lower per card...there's...just...too much hype!
Pages:
Jump to: