Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH GPUs miners beware! - page 8. (Read 20730 times)

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319
February 13, 2018, 06:30:00 PM
Nvidia already said it will not focus on mining in 2018 and that tells us they know there is something they cant compete with.

Spinning the rumors here are we? Nvidia are not focusing on mining as they dont need to, why would they? They sell all the cards they can produce, same as AMD so why focus on something that are already profitable for them.

Mining is not going to die in 2018, neither are ASICs coming the ethash in 2018, and even if they do come, they will not make any huge dents in the network hashrate simply due to the way ethash is constructed.

Anyone saying otherwise are technically not worthy to talk about this.

Mining at the moment is 4-5 times more profitable than a year ago, even if it drops to 1/5th of what it is today, im still making a decent profit from my machines - If that happens it is not due to some fantasy ASIC that some random website decides to spread rumours about.

I feel your rage, you must be new to mining and must have paid a lot of money for gpus. There are lots of desperate people around, even integrated gpus they are using to get some few khashes hehe. So to rephrase, Nvidia said it would focus on mining in 2018 and now they said they will not, see my point, they know something that they cant compete with and this thing is recent, about a month, probably they have the same source as I have.

If you didn't make same post abut death of GPU mining in 2015, 2016 and 2017, maybe that would mean something
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
February 13, 2018, 05:58:01 PM
Nvidia already said it will not focus on mining in 2018 and that tells us they know there is something they cant compete with.

Spinning the rumors here are we? Nvidia are not focusing on mining as they dont need to, why would they? They sell all the cards they can produce, same as AMD so why focus on something that are already profitable for them.

Mining is not going to die in 2018, neither are ASICs coming the ethash in 2018, and even if they do come, they will not make any huge dents in the network hashrate simply due to the way ethash is constructed.

Mining at the moment is 4-5 times more profitable than a year ago, even if it drops to 1/5th of what it is today, im still making a decent profit from my machines - If that happens it is not due to some fantasy ASIC that some random website decides to spread rumours about.

I feel your rage, you must be new to mining and must have paid a lot of money for gpus. There are lots of desperate people around, even integrated gpus they are using to get some few khashes hehe. So to rephrase, Nvidia said it would focus on mining in 2018 and now they said they will not, see my point, they know something that they cant compete with and this thing is recent, about a month, probably they have the same source as I have.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 05:40:49 PM

Xtreme Monster
February 13, 2018, 05:04:18 PM
So I should start to worry about my investment about 12 mining rigs with 6 x GPU each mining Ethereum at 182 Mhash each. I had in plan to reinvest 100% of the coins I am making from these rigs and build other rigs. Checking the performance of Monero though, it is not something I would do. That would be very sad for me, if this ASICS for Ethash and Equihash come into place.

The only concerning about cryptonight is the millions of gpus moving to it hehe
Activity: 227
Merit: 101
February 13, 2018, 05:03:38 PM
It it's true it will certainly be interesting. Maybe Eth is going PoS in a heartbeat if that happens? But; I would certainly risk it and buy a couple xD
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
February 13, 2018, 04:59:05 PM
I wonder if this means an ASIC for cryptonote coins like Monero are just on the horizon then? I don't know the exact details but I think some of the reasons cryptonote is ASIC-resistant are the same as ETH.

I already said about a month ago that there are not asics in the roadmap for monero, only ethash and equihash, developing asics take time and also there is a queue.

So I should start to worry about my investment about 12 mining rigs with 6 x GPU each mining Ethereum at 182 Mhash each. I had in plan to reinvest 100% of the coins I am making from these rigs and build other rigs. Checking the performance of Monero though, it is not something I would do. That would be very sad for me, if this ASICS for Ethash and Equihash come into place.
Xtreme Monster
February 13, 2018, 04:44:16 PM
I wonder if this means an ASIC for cryptonote coins like Monero are just on the horizon then? I don't know the exact details but I think some of the reasons cryptonote is ASIC-resistant are the same as ETH.

I already said about a month ago that there are not asics in the roadmap for monero, only ethash and equihash, developing asics take time and also there is a queue.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
February 13, 2018, 04:30:12 PM
Look at the difference between the top hash power and second place

https://eth.nanopool.org

So there are ETH farms? If Bitmain were testing an ASIC for ETH, do you really think they would make it obvious by mining on a public pool? Nobody knew about the SIA Bitmain A3 until ASIC's for SIA were already announced for it and it was available for pre order from Bitmain for delivery in days. But you believe somehow Bitmain coming out with an ASIC for ETH, that nobody has been able to do for years is announced months ahead of time? LOL
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 04:27:42 PM
Xtreme Monster
February 13, 2018, 04:25:27 PM
Xtreme Monster
February 13, 2018, 04:23:16 PM
Probably because like this BS article, it never happened.

Like any other troll out there, it must be difficult for you to accept reality but don't worry as soon as profit is drastically decreased then you will start to accept it, I don't think they will make eth asics public just yet.
Activity: 259
Merit: 108
February 13, 2018, 04:20:25 PM
Look at the difference between the top hash power and second place

https://eth.nanopool.org
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
February 13, 2018, 04:19:58 PM
Well this is intresting. What if Bitmain is the secret company who ordered chips from Samsung?  Shocked
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
February 13, 2018, 04:17:19 PM
I think this Asic machine is already in testing because the ETH hashrate has jumped to 220k gh/s from 110k in just a few days and the gpu cards are not easily available due to chip shortages.

I told this a month ago, trolls laughed at me, anyway as it stands, there is no hope for 2018 yet. GPU mining will die in 2018!

If I was a miner,  I would stop buying gpus and be patient.

Probably because like this BS article, it never happened.

https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate
Xtreme Monster
February 13, 2018, 04:13:11 PM
I think this Asic machine is already in testing because the ETH hashrate has jumped to 220k gh/s from 110k in just a few days and the gpu cards are not easily available due to chip shortages.

I told this a month ago, trolls laughed at me, anyway as it stands, there is no hope for 2018 yet. GPU mining will die in 2018!

If I was a miner,  I would stop buying gpus and be patient. Also if I was an idiot, I would stop buying rx 580 for $1000 and instead buy eth while its cheap.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
February 13, 2018, 03:57:22 PM
If ever these Asic machines are to be launched than it will be the end for all gpu mining coin on different algos bcz current gpu will be pointed towards them and I think this Asic machine is already in testing because the ETH hashrate has jumped to 220k gh/s from 110k in just a few days and the gpu cards are not easily available due to chip shortages.
So when F3 is launched it will be the most sought after Asic and like A3 will give 500$ per day for early adopters and will gradually come down to 30$ per day.
Activity: 394
Merit: 101
February 13, 2018, 07:34:48 AM
looked at some coins and alg at whattomine.com, there are about dozen of algorithms but yes most profitable appears to be ethash and equihash.

I am also working on centOS based algorithm that lets you
- switch to other algorithm,coin in a matter of few minutes a arbitrary number of miner (100, 1000-s)
- integrate new coin, miner less than few hours.
- check status of all miners and GPU health temperature etc from one http page.
- Calculate most efficient power band for GPU.

It seems lot of these I am working on is similar to hiveOS but I havent tried haveOS yet not sure if it can control 100, 1000-s of miners simultaneosly.

Anyways, let me know if it interests you in any way.
Activity: 122
Merit: 1
February 13, 2018, 05:53:42 AM
They are going to be asking an exorbitant price anyway that will never ROI and its not like the hashrate will sky rocket? By the sounds of things its not a massive improvement over medium size GPU rigs
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
February 13, 2018, 05:49:32 AM
This kind of makes sense assuming the numbers are correct for 32GB per 6 asics on each board. That means about 5GB of memory for each asic. If they are really using DDR3 (which again makes sense for an ASIC style eth design, since 96 GB of GDDR5 would be crazy expensive), they could probably get away with a 256 bit memory bus running at 933mhz (near max of DDR3). That would translate to about 60GB/s per asic or about 7mh, x 6 = 42 MH per board or 126 mh per machine at probably 200-300 watts.

Nothing crazy but is the equivalent of a 6 GPU rig, for probably half the power cost at half the USD cost.

I think theres some faulty math going on here, the article says 6 chips and 32gb per board, 3 boards, and a total of 72gb. Also it says 32 1GB chips ... how many 1GB DDR3 chips have you ever seen jstenfanop?
Now if it were 24gb per board, that would make some sense as thats 6 x 4 so each asic/gpu gets 4gb. In any case, no chip designer is going to go with ddr3, and a 28nm process for prod, maybe for a test/tapeout but not full scale prod, it'd just be stupid. This is just pure vaporware.

Also guys quit hating on Metroid, hes just salty he missed the mining bus, let him enjoy these few moments he gets, however fake they may be.
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
February 13, 2018, 02:29:56 AM
There are rumours that Bitmain has set its sights on ETH and will be releasing an ASIC in Q2 or Q3 of this year!

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/02/12/eth-asic-arriving-soon/

Just FUD. Nobody is stupid enought to dedicate resources to create an ETH ASIC knowing that the main chain Ethereum may go PoS at any time this year.

Do you think they will sell this? they will mine a lot before they do that, nobody will public say it, people will never notice why their profits decreased 1000%, right now if you are earning $1 per card, with asics will be $0.10 hehe per card per day hehe and if you pay $1000 for a rx 580 then will take billions of years to get your roi hehe, another planet has to be born for the trolls paying $1000 to get their roi hehe

Right now, prototypes are already mining a lot of eth hehe, you think gpus are increasing the difficulty that fast? think again young padwan hehe

This is so much fun, while idiots are buying rx 580 for $1000 for 30mhs, bitmain and co are bulding eth asics that cost the same $1000 for 300mhs hehe
I just love this guy, hehe Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: