Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH GPUs miners beware! - page 9. (Read 20730 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 12:48:13 AM

By the way, this is a good thing, this will stop retailers selling rx 580 for $1000 and the way things are, soon a rx $580 will be $3000 or even $5000 because there is no stopping to stupidity.

As soon as asics hit equihash and ethash then gpus from $1000 will be sold for $100 and then $50. Gamers will have all the gpus they would ever need or wanted hehe

You got a good point. But how about the miners who invest multi million on GPU rigs. I feel sorry for them. Anyway, I personally prefer anti ASIC Smiley).
Activity: 94
Merit: 5
February 12, 2018, 11:46:51 PM
Guys Calm Down,  this is old News, Ive read about these already this past june.  Its not a real ASIC, it can only hash like 220-240 M/h,
Whats that like a 7 card 580 rig?  Nothing to worry about.  Roll Eyes

I am impressed that they can even get that much hash with DDR3.  Cool
Activity: 259
Merit: 108
February 12, 2018, 10:44:07 PM
What a dumb article. Everyone knows size is irrelevant. Who cares about a 32gb board? If it was the same memory as a 1070, it would cost over $100,000. How does this make any sense at all?
Activity: 242
Merit: 11
February 12, 2018, 10:34:25 PM
Its reportedly using DDR3 memory...

6 cores on each board
32gb on each board
3 boards per machine
of DDR3...

So one machine would be the equivalent of an 18gpu rig, providing that the asic cores are roughly as fast.

Nowhere near as fast as a 18GPU rig - There's no point here, the DDR3 memory is no were near as fast as the memory on a regular GPU - Not even close.

ETHash is memory bound, it doesnt matter if the asic has 24 cores per machine, it will be limited by the ram speed as all the calculations are done in RAM.

This is why this machine is fake, there's no point really, they would require GDDR5 ram, which is really expenssive compared to regular ram, but its also much faster - Secondly, there's 0 need for 32GB of RAM, a ASIC made for ETHash would not have 32GB of RAM as the algo requires FAST ram so stuffing it with more RAM than needed will simply drive the price up even more, making it even less attractive.

The algo that ether runs on, is asic "secure", you can indeed create a asic for ether mining, but it will be no more effective than GPUs as you are limited by the RAM speeds - They might be cheaper than purchasing X GPU's since they can probably get away with cheaper overall hardware, but there's basically no point as their supply would be limited in a much larger scale than GPUs.

Oh an Metroid, not sure why you are like this, but just stop what you are doing, the only troll here is you.

this is awesome, bout time someone else pointed out how much of a troll Metroid is. maybe his roids are acting up again ROFL

I heard that he got medication for the roids.  It's not 100% confirmed, but I know myself and others in the community certainly wish him well as far as his health is concerned Smiley  Pretty sure that I gave him this number already, but I'm going to post it again ...

Metroid ... If you truly need help ... The number for the suicide hotline in the USA is 1-800-273-8255.  They are avaiable 24/7. Please do not  hesitate to call.  You do not have to do anything drastic.  I want you to get back into your right mindset and be well again. 

We are all here for you. 

Agreed, Metroid needs help. the non stop "suicide" shit is very telling.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
February 12, 2018, 10:27:31 PM

6 cores on each board
32gb on each board
3 boards per machine
of DDR3...

So one machine would be the equivalent of an 18gpu rig, providing that the asic cores are roughly as fast.

Nowhere near as fast as a 18GPU rig - There's no point here, the DDR3 memory is no were near as fast as the memory on a regular GPU - Not even close.

ETHash is memory bound, it doesnt matter if the asic has 24 cores per machine, it will be limited by the ram speed as all the calculations are done in RAM.

This is why this machine is fake, there's no point really, they would require GDDR5 ram, which is really expenssive compared to regular ram, but its also much faster - Secondly, there's 0 need for 32GB of RAM, a ASIC made for ETHash would not have 32GB of RAM as the algo requires FAST ram so stuffing it with more RAM than needed will simply drive the price up even more, making it even less attractive.

The algo that ether runs on, is asic "secure", you can indeed create a asic for ether mining, but it will be no more effective than GPUs as you are limited by the RAM speeds - They might be cheaper than purchasing X GPU's since they can probably get away with cheaper overall hardware, but there's basically no point as their supply would be limited in a much larger scale than GPUs.

Oh an Metroid, not sure why you are like this, but just stop what you are doing, the only troll here is you.

this is awesome, bout time someone else pointed out how much of a troll Metroid is. maybe his roids are acting up again ROFL

I heard that he got medication for the roids.  It's not 100% confirmed, but I know myself and others in the community certainly wish him well as far as his health is concerned Smiley  Pretty sure that I gave him this number already, but I'm going to post it again ...

Metroid ... If you truly need help ... The number for the suicide hotline in the USA is 1-800-273-8255.  They are avaiable 24/7. Please do not  hesitate to call.  You do not have to do anything drastic.  I want you to get back into your right mindset and be well again. 

We are all here for you. 
Activity: 462
Merit: 258
Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader
February 12, 2018, 10:16:33 PM

6 cores on each board
32gb on each board
3 boards per machine
of DDR3...

Activity: 48
February 12, 2018, 09:57:48 PM
Bitmain is just guppies in the pond if Samsung brings the guns to the table.

I wouldn't be so sure. Samsung has a board of directors and old money stiffs that want to jabber over it. Bitmain is certainly more centrally controlled and able to more quickly take action on things. While samsung is getting approval on parts, bitmain has already worked some team of people to near death prototyping. If they beat Samsung to market by only a month, it probably wont' even make sense for Samsung to enter. If samsung has insider info on this, they'd probably just suspend it all together.

This is just me speculating.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
February 12, 2018, 09:34:37 PM
Total agree with you.
GPU have many coins out that can mined and someday it would bring you very nice and surprise profits.
You can easy to switch to any coins not like Asic one.

I like how you trolls keep so optimistic about the whole thing. "hey, don't worry, we will always have a trollcoin to mine and get rich fast" hehe, so much fun, you trolls are hilarious and yet so deceptive to each other, but don't worry reality will hit your troll face like nothing else hehe

hehe
Activity: 65
February 12, 2018, 08:17:45 PM
This kind of makes sense assuming the numbers are correct for 32GB per 6 asics on each board. That means about 5GB of memory for each asic. If they are really using DDR3 (which again makes sense for an ASIC style eth design, since 96 GB of GDDR5 would be crazy expensive), they could probably get away with a 256 bit memory bus running at 933mhz (near max of DDR3). That would translate to about 60GB/s per asic or about 7mh, x 6 = 42 MH per board or 126 mh per machine at probably 200-300 watts.

Nothing crazy but is the equivalent of a 6 GPU rig, for probably half the power cost at half the USD cost.

Thats naturally also a thing, power usage might be better - Im still not seeing this as a game changer, bitmain is not exactly known for being able to keep up with demand Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2117
Merit: 1397
February 12, 2018, 08:14:13 PM
This kind of makes sense assuming the numbers are correct for 32GB per 6 asics on each board. That means about 5GB of memory for each asic. If they are really using DDR3 (which again makes sense for an ASIC style eth design, since 96 GB of GDDR5 would be crazy expensive), they could probably get away with a 256 bit memory bus running at 933mhz (near max of DDR3). That would translate to about 60GB/s per asic or about 7mh, x 6 = 42 MH per board or 126 mh per machine at probably 200-300 watts.

Nothing crazy but is the equivalent of a 6 GPU rig, for probably half the power cost at half the USD cost.
Activity: 65
February 12, 2018, 08:06:27 PM

6 cores on each board
32gb on each board
3 boards per machine
of DDR3...

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
February 12, 2018, 08:02:35 PM
Total agree with you.
GPU have many coins out that can mined and someday it would bring you very nice and surprise profits.

I like how you trolls keep so optimistic about the whole thing. "hey, don't worry, we will always have a trollcoin to mine and get rich fast" hehe, so much fun, you trolls are hilarious and yet so deceptive to each other, but don't worry reality will hit your troll face like nothing else hehe
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
February 12, 2018, 07:57:45 PM
oh .. what will happen with my GPUs, maybe the GPUs will be idle or be the toy that is on the wall and the sellers will be a bit disappointed because they have stock his gpu in large quantity also they will be short of profits and gamers a little happy because the price of GPUs will be normal again. But good is the rumours. we'll see what happens if Bitmain releases.

Why panic in the first place. Ethereum is not the only coin. There are lots of profitable coins out there that can be mined through GPU like Monero, Zcash, Bitcoin Gold among others. Also, the Equihash algorithm is more profitable right now than mining Ether as there are no DAG file issues.
Total agree with you.
Xtreme Monster
February 12, 2018, 07:52:19 PM
There are rumours that Bitmain has set its sights on ETH and will be releasing an ASIC in Q2 or Q3 of this year!

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/02/12/eth-asic-arriving-soon/

Just FUD. Nobody is stupid enought to dedicate resources to create an ETH ASIC knowing that the main chain Ethereum may go PoS at any time this year.

Do you think they will sell this? they will mine a lot before they do that, nobody will public say it, people will never notice why their profits decreased 1000%, right now if you are earning $1 per card, with asics will be $0.10 hehe per card per day hehe and if you pay $1000 for a rx 580 then will take billions of years to get your roi hehe, another planet has to be born for the trolls paying $1000 to get their roi hehe

Right now, prototypes are already mining a lot of eth hehe, you think gpus are increasing the difficulty that fast? think again young padwan hehe

This is so much fun, while idiots are buying rx 580 for $1000 for 30mhs, bitmain and co are bulding eth asics that cost the same $1000 for 300mhs hehe
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
February 12, 2018, 07:35:10 PM
Fake China news.

Activity: 224
Merit: 14
QuickX ICO
February 12, 2018, 07:34:09 PM
There are rumours that Bitmain has set its sights on ETH and will be releasing an ASIC in Q2 or Q3 of this year!

Just FUD. Nobody is stupid enought to dedicate resources to create an ETH ASIC knowing that the main chain Ethereum may go PoS at any time this year.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
The world is flat...
February 12, 2018, 07:30:54 PM
Maybe, sadness for GPU miners
Xtreme Monster
February 12, 2018, 07:30:18 PM

oh my god, sure the Ethereum difficulties will go up again and the GPU miners will be sad including me, if this happens we should look for an alternative Ethereum

The only alternative will be cryptonight coins, there will be nothing else profitable.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
February 12, 2018, 07:29:00 PM

oh my god, sure the Ethereum difficulties will go up again and the GPU miners will be sad including me, if this happens we should look for an alternative Ethereum
Xtreme Monster
February 12, 2018, 07:27:55 PM
The funny thing is all ethash and equihash clone coins will be dead too as gpu mining. I guess right now the only coin which has not even concrete evidence of an asic is monero, maybe monero will be the only coin to survive the asicapocalypse.
Pages:
Jump to: