Pages:
Author

Topic: Etherdelta Token sale, will you buy it? - page 8. (Read 1580 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
January 04, 2018, 06:55:16 AM
As i see the project of etherdelta token sale is legit. Soo you might do your own risk.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
January 04, 2018, 06:37:45 AM
I don't  understand  the concept of the ico, what is it for, No roadmap no whitepaper. I think ed is just having this ico to have money for their self and nothing more. They should focus on improving there shortly exchange,  if not that idea does not yet have volume,  I would have move to it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 141
January 04, 2018, 06:32:06 AM
I am not much into ICO's, so basically - no. But otherwise, while Etherdelta token is interesting (I think it will grow), we could consider this token to be kind of like having a shares in the company and since Etherdelta could grow - it is really useful albeit unsecure, non user-friendly and very slow.....

But I don't know, they would have to show to me, the potential investor, that they are planning to make some progress on solving the problems they have, and not just by using words.
Activity: 714
Merit: 117
January 04, 2018, 06:26:29 AM
Etherdelta is now messing up things, having announced that in future new coins which want to be listed have first to buy a consistent amount of their tokens. It could mean RIP for Etherdelta IMHO.
Activity: 148
January 04, 2018, 04:40:11 AM
I doubt that which is right and wrong. after the incident here also so do not calm using the exchange. now even ICO I do not intend to follow it
Activity: 322
January 04, 2018, 04:35:01 AM
Etherdelta is running a token sale, will you buy it and do you think is worth it. Why don't they focus on security of the website first , People have complained after the website compromised of their stolen tokens and Ethers yet nothing is done, and here they are running a token sale.

There is a news before that etherdelta has been hacked and i was very sad that it happens because most of the ico's are releasing their tokens on etheredelta if the value is on ethereum. Hopefully my tokens are safe and it was still at the same amount.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
January 04, 2018, 04:27:56 AM
Etherdelta is running a token sale, will you buy it and do you think is worth it. Why don't they focus on security of the website first , People have complained after the website compromised of their stolen tokens and Ethers yet nothing is done, and here they are running a token sale.
Probably the token sale was meant to develop the platform the more so as to get the best experience for those who may want to be trading on the platform.

The security is necessary and we all know that security is lapsing, but I would not mind having their token anyway as that seems to give me a stake on the project which I am sure a lot of people would not mind anyway. There is already a product and it has been able to gain good ground, so I would not mind investing at all.
Activity: 285
Merit: 102
January 04, 2018, 02:38:11 AM
I think they should focus on improving the UI for EtherDelta first before launching the ICO.
Activity: 630
January 04, 2018, 01:45:01 AM
Etherdelta is good example of self funded project that was successful and functional. I think if the rest of those guys looking for funding could proof themselves first by developing something that investor can believe in before they started hunting for money, the cryptospace and cryptocurrency and blockchain will be better for
Activity: 210
January 03, 2018, 08:49:57 PM
I do not understand why they sell the cards to raise funds, they have had security problems and it takes a long time to fix them (1-2 days). And what are the tokens that can help a user in the trading platform? Are they prepared to vote? or other purposes. Can anybody help me with this?
Activity: 224
January 03, 2018, 05:05:59 PM
i don't know why etherdelta is making a crowdsale for an already up and running decentralized exchange.

maybe after the last hack they want to improve their security or making an token right recovery like bitfinex.
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
January 03, 2018, 05:03:45 PM
why is everyone so cautious about etherdelta ico? etherdelta is important for cryptocurrency world. it is the place where we can trade our small capped altcoins, bounty tokens and etc. I like its concept important private key and directly controlling the ethereum wallet.
I know it is sold recently, maybe new guys want to improve the site by this ico. I am going to research more and decide
NLO
Activity: 448
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
January 03, 2018, 04:55:31 PM
did not know that Etherdelta has tokens. Is ICO going or is it already?
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
January 03, 2018, 04:53:19 PM
Etherdelta running a token sale!! Where did you get that info? But if it is legit, then I guess it is a good idea to invest in it. Yes, Etherdelta was recently hacked but I guess no project is safe from hackers. There are vulnerabilities in every online platform and hackers take advantage of that only. But now I think Etherdelta must have fixed its issues and safer to use. And so a good investment if it starts a token sale.
Regarding the legitimacy of the token sale of etherdelta,  well its true and you can see their promotions on their website. If that mindset of being unsafe from hackers, well maybe thats too much a negative perceptions about it and I think their new project will help etherdelta website improve their current system to be much more secured from hacking attacks.
Activity: 17
Merit: 1
January 03, 2018, 04:45:41 PM
If they could run a decentralized trading platform even though it got hacked, i think they deserve even a little appreciation. We all know that trading platform is not designed to store our tokens, right?
Activity: 490
January 03, 2018, 04:13:25 PM
I using Etherdelta every time. I advise using Metamask for Etherdelta.
Activity: 434
https://eloncity.io/
January 03, 2018, 03:41:47 PM
I think this token sale is for the security of the exchange and always remember, NEVER keep your coins or tokens on exchange. Exchanges could be compromise and it's really not safe to keep cryptos at exchanges.

Well, they'll use money as follows: System Development & Operation - 35%, Marketing & Promotion - 50%, Emergency Fund - 15%. Don't forget 10% of tokens team reserved for a year and we get the picture which is unfortunately very far from "token sale is for the security".
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
January 03, 2018, 03:22:35 PM
I think this token sale is for the security of the exchange and always remember, NEVER keep your coins or tokens on exchange. Exchanges could be compromise and it's really not safe to keep cryptos at exchanges.
Activity: 196
January 03, 2018, 04:20:31 AM
Etherdelta cant give back what is already stolen,yes they need to improve their security a hacked DNS server is ridiculous but it already happened so lets be vigillant to our transactions to prevent losses.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
January 03, 2018, 03:43:14 AM

Never heard that EtherDelta is running a token sale, but I'm not buying it though. Main reason is that there are a lot of tokens already and it serves no purpose for me. So I don't know how much it will be worth. If they are trying to raise funds, does it mean that they are not profiting after all this years?

Maybe the reason for them offering tokens is to really raise some funds. I agree that they have to improved their security and their support because hackers are really targeting cryptos because of the huge amount that they can stole. However, I think they already did step up their security after what happens a few weeks ago.
Yes, and that calls for questioning though. They have made so much over the years and there is no doubt about that.
They already have a platform running and I do not see how they would not have just simply make the platform better with the amount they have raised even if that is the main reason for the crowd sale or if they just want to give people the chance to be part of the Etherdelta project.

I am just hearing it though, but I will probably take a look. Few dollars for a project that could be worth it hugely later on may not be a bad idea if they are able to convince me enough.
Pages:
Jump to: