Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 28. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
July 12, 2018, 03:59:39 AM
Etherum is a very powerful coin and will grow much more in the future. but the king of bitcoin crypto currencies. and I do not think it will create a threat to btc. BitCoin will continue to be the largest.
Activity: 644
Merit: 145
July 12, 2018, 03:54:47 AM
I don't think ethereum is any threat to bitcoin, they are both different in their way, bitcoin is a currency and serves as a store of value while ethereum is a smart contract platform and it is used to pay for fees within the ethereum blockchain, so they are not the serving the same purpose so i don't see any threat for the both.

Most likely, topic starter has in mind that Etherium will bypass Bitcoin by capitalization. Yes, this is a very real possibility, albeit with a low probability.  Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
July 12, 2018, 03:51:04 AM
I don't think ethereum is any threat to bitcoin, they are both different in their way, bitcoin is a currency and serves as a store of value while ethereum is a smart contract platform and it is used to pay for fees within the ethereum blockchain, so they are not the serving the same purpose so i don't see any threat for the both.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 12, 2018, 03:46:00 AM
They are both attacking different parts of the market. So I would disagree.

This is definitely a good observation but I would advise you to keep in mind the world is rarely that black and white.  The sets of functionality each posses are not disjoint! 

They attack different parts of the market AND they attack some of the same parts.  This makes them compete AND not compete. 

Keep in mind dialectics.
Ethereum, which continues to be the flagship coin, continues to show such an increasing development. so it's great to have Altcoin like this and make it a pretty good future. so had time Ethereum into Bitcoin threat and impressive.
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
July 12, 2018, 03:33:28 AM
Its never been a threat since bitcoin is the premier coin, it will never be dethroned but they both doing well since they are on the top cryptocoin not just on popularity but on the market.

Its a great observation since Eth is much more innovative.
Activity: 82
Merit: 0
July 12, 2018, 03:23:40 AM
Yes, Ethereum is getting stronger and stronger, technology updates are very fast, and the impact of Bitcoin’s block is getting more serious. I think this is a very important factor. Ethereum is chasing bitcoin, which needs to look behind. How is the development of Bitcoin
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 8
July 12, 2018, 03:20:52 AM
Yes I do agree with you that bitcoin should feel threatened by the presence of ethereum but if it can be dethroned as the king is what I'm not too convinced about. This is because the larger part of the total market cap of all cryptos is still controlled by btc.
Activity: 143
Merit: 1
July 12, 2018, 03:14:12 AM
ETH can not be a threat for BTC because their advantages are too different. What is more, there are too many place on the cryptomarket for all coins.
Activity: 140
July 11, 2018, 11:32:06 AM
look ETH is good but BTC is going to be at the top for a really long time and it may be possible that it will be replaced by ETH at some point of time but it is not something that is going to happen in the near future
Activity: 264
July 11, 2018, 08:19:36 AM
This topic has been on for a while now and all I say whenever am opportuned to talk on topic like this is that ethereumnis a very good altcoin that will give the bitcoin a fight for it's relevance and position in the cryptocurrency world. No doubt the bitcoin presently is the number one altcoin.abive the ethereum and If the Eth continues this way it won't be long before it get to the summit
Activity: 99
July 11, 2018, 08:12:18 AM
I think ethereum is the toughest competitor Bitcoin in the future, ethereum development is very good and keep on increasing but if want to beat Bitcoin I think it still takes a very long time because now the price is still very far away.
Activity: 23
July 10, 2018, 10:27:16 PM
If bitcoin is king, and Ethereum is prince, then in history there are not a few cases that a young and strong captures the throne. It depends on how much the king is wise and experienced.
Activity: 47
July 10, 2018, 01:56:04 PM
I still believe that bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency markets.
Although ETH has achieved great success, I think ETH's bubble is very big, because the rise of ETH is due to the popularity of ICO market.
Activity: 65
July 10, 2018, 10:33:04 AM
there are simply no threats to bitcoin except bitcoin itself. if he can overcome the market and all the negative consequences that are on the crypto-currency market, then he can gain in the price and other crypto-currencies will also grow, but no 1 other crypto-currency can compete with bitcoin.
Activity: 392
0x860FA3F15AcDFC7c7B379085EaC466645285237d
July 10, 2018, 06:41:50 AM
I don't think that Ethereum is a threat to Bitcoin even as we all know that Ethereum is a promising coin with a good potential and good future. Ethereum can't beat Bitcoin especially in its value, Bitcoin is the king, the main cryptocurrency.
Activity: 76
July 10, 2018, 06:36:04 AM
I dont think eth was such a threat to bitcoin, in my opinion these 2 could get along very well to support the markets of cryptocurrency. When their trends are positive, they can also brings positive impact in to other altcoins price. And also... vice versa!
Activity: 238
July 09, 2018, 11:30:26 PM
There is such a thing! If bitcoin is as slow as it is now, and they do not lower commission for transfers, then the etherium can safely bypass it
Activity: 171
July 09, 2018, 12:10:44 PM
I don't think Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin. Ethereum has its own business function - the ability to use it in ICO.  No wonder they say that bitcoin is digital gold, and Ethereum is digital silver.
Activity: 98
July 09, 2018, 12:06:28 PM
Not really..for they are two different coins with unique individual value, bitcoin will always be bitcoin and is the first and foremost bitcoin of all bitcoin, on the other hand ethereum as some may say that has great potential to grow and bloomed and can promised great profit given in a chance it will become big and great.
Activity: 280
Merit: 60
July 08, 2018, 07:12:47 AM
Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin? Yes it is. We all know that ethereum was created by a russian programmer on 2013, and it was launched on 2015. After 3 years it is next to bitcoin in terms of popularity and value.

Let me show you some NBA perspective on this, bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency right? same as LeBron as the king of NBA. But here comes ethereum the prince of cryptocurrency just like Ben Simmons as the prince of the NBA. The prince will dethrone the king on the eastern conference finals same as ethereum that will dethrone bitcoin in the next couple of years. Wether we like it or not the king will reach its limit. Mark my word. Trust the ethereum process!

That's not the case here. It's like comparing Ronaldo and Lebron. A lot of people compare the cryptocurrency aspect of ETH and BTC. However, in reality they are different projects with different intentions. We know that Bitcoin is a stable currency and Ethereum runs decentralized apps or smart contracts. They are not competitors and solves different kinds of problems.
Pages:
Jump to: