Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum a threat to bitcoin - page 32. (Read 4893 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 152
June 29, 2018, 02:56:22 AM
I don't think so.
Ethereum is quite different from bitcoin.
The popularity of cryptocurrency is not due to bitcoin alone.
Ethereum make cryptocurrency world more interesting.
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
June 29, 2018, 02:35:20 AM
I think at least not now, maybe in the future. Ethereum is the fast growing altcoin in the crypto market and it is gaining more and more popularity. So, everything is possible.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
June 28, 2018, 10:23:52 PM
In connection with the latest news that ethereum will soon be shared, then Yes this is a real threat, and the fact that btc will go to second place, it is more and more possible.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Blockchain with solar energy
June 28, 2018, 12:28:32 PM
ETH is always the brightest altcoin. but I think it could never replace bitcoin anyway.
I know ETH is good. but there are so much coin out there better than both of them. so the problem here is not about the technology but how they prove themself are reliable and they had long story, borned long time ago is a pros too.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
June 28, 2018, 11:57:26 AM
Yes, it can happen. But the problem is BTC whales are trying to keep their incomes. But my idea is if Eth can hit as next main cryptocurrency.I f it happens will create a balanced market.
Activity: 199
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
June 28, 2018, 11:48:49 AM
Ethereum is definitely the most promising cryptocurrency to date. But in order for ethereum to take the place of bitcoin, time must pass. And it's not two or three years, it's much more. I think that if this happens only in 5-10 years.
Activity: 104
June 28, 2018, 10:53:57 AM
I still believe that bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency markets.
Although ETH has achieved great success, I think ETH's bubble is very big, because the rise of ETH is due to the popularity of ICO market.
Activity: 686
Merit: 102
June 28, 2018, 06:49:41 AM
Something I very much doubt about it, it's unlikely that someday it will happen, I do not even know what's going to happen to make this happen! I do not think that the ethereum will overtake bitcoin, still bitcoin is a common currency on the market. But all the same it is possible once and will surpass its competitor.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
June 28, 2018, 05:20:59 AM
Hardly bitcoin who threatens, especially since eyherium and bitcoin work on different platforms!
Activity: 70
June 28, 2018, 05:20:29 AM
I think Ethereum is not a threat to bitcoin as it performs very different functions.  The Ethereum crypto currency has a different set of characteristics by which it needs to be evaluated. The future of the Ether depends on the speed of development of its competitors, such as Cardano, and the success of the startups already started on its platform. But, in comparison with bitcoin and other altcoyins, Ether has one advantage. Demand for it is constantly supported, thanks to a number of ICOs selling their tokens based on the ERC20 protocol, which can only be purchased for the Ether.
Activity: 133
June 28, 2018, 05:18:24 AM
I believe that ethereum is a threat to bitcoin. Even if it does not seem so now because bitcoin still has a wide margin with which it surpasses ethereum but if ethereum keeps growing at the rate that it is now and bitcoin remains stagnant then it will not be very long before ethereum overtakes bitcoin as the number one
Activity: 42
June 28, 2018, 05:17:54 AM
We know today's BTC and ETH are the potential currency and people have faith in this two coins. Ethereum is still a very young coin and it has a very great potential for development in the future. And even if the Ethereum surpasses bitcoin by capitalization, nothing will change in the cryptocurrency market.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
June 28, 2018, 04:53:53 AM
I do not think it is a threat, in the contrary, I think they exist together. Of course ETH has more potential to get you more as its marketcap is smaller, but as the price of BTC increases, so will ETH's price.
Activity: 294
June 28, 2018, 04:40:10 AM
No,I don't think so. Ethereum and Bitcoin are on different platforms, they have different functions, they are  used in different cases and for different purposes.
Activity: 126
June 28, 2018, 04:26:59 AM
They both cover and lead different segments, Ethereum covering the Smart contract and ICO stuffs while bitcoin is primary for payments and as an asset storage class. ETH has some notable competitors like NEO,.Further growth in adopting in cryptos in general will see bitcoin as being part of our daily lives, that can take prices really astronomically.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
June 28, 2018, 04:20:27 AM
Ethereum is definitely that coin that will take the first place and will reign for quite a long time. Therefore, whoever has an ethereum hold and do not fold for thousands of dollars. Understand one thing that bitcoin too long ago was worth just what kind of dollars, and now it's a fortune. You need to turn on the cold head and forget about ethereum for a while. A lot of experts are just waiting for the global growth of ETH.
Activity: 84
June 28, 2018, 04:17:32 AM
Not really because these two despite being the biggest projects and coins currently, have different purposes and different goals that they are trying to achieve. They are not competing and they both have enough investors in their respective projects and field to keep them at the top. There might be a bit of competition between these two coins but it is not a 'one trying to kill off the other competition'.
Activity: 167
June 28, 2018, 04:17:20 AM
I think that Ethereum  is not a threat to bitcoin. We know that a good market  does have a good competition. This way a product could be tested through it. Maybe this coins can co exist to each other.
Activity: 168
June 28, 2018, 04:15:05 AM
I think it's impossible because what I know at this time Ethereum is declining by itself while Bitcoin is still declining, and I know if bitcoin price decreases Ethereum price will go up and meanwhile if Ethereum price decrease Bitcoin price will go up so from that price I know BTC and ETH are opposite
Activity: 154
June 28, 2018, 03:47:04 AM
It may look like Ethereum is a threat to bitcoin but I do not think Ethereum is trying to over take or take bitcoins place. But there is a great possibility it might go over beyond bitcoin in the far future if things really work out with this coin. I sincerely like etherum
Pages:
Jump to: