Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 123. (Read 116501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
I don't know if Ethereum is going to overtake Bitcoin they are two totally different things, but here is where Ethereum will revolutionize things,

A crypto wallet/interface the average person can actually understand and navigate through....

So far the theory. Let's wait and see how this will work out in practice. Right now it's way more speculation than anything else.
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Such threads are really stupid
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
is there a guide to windows mining ethereum guys?
Activity: 280
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
I don't know if Ethereum is going to overtake Bitcoin they are two totally different things, but here is where Ethereum will revolutionize things,

A crypto wallet/interface the average person can actually understand and navigate through....

But is this how will frontier look?? I guess when they released the video with this demo they said, that it is only vision they have, its not real product, more like mockup of what they want to achieve. I think that frontier bare bone version they gonna release will be far from this. Correct me if Im wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

Activity: 157
Merit: 1
Axiom is the way to go fellas!!

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
More and more people are coming to the realization someone elses blockchain isn't worth fuckall.

The time wasted on Ethereum has seen its need disappear.

Dead coin walking.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT
Let me get this straight if $new_coin captures $arbitrary_small_but_credible_percentage of $some_preexisting_global_economic_market then moon.

I sense deja-vu  Cheesy

Ya, this.

I am interested to see what happens with Ethereum's platform though. Mist within it is interesting. I'm wondering what applications will be built with it in the future. If I'm being totally honest though, I just hope Counterparty keeps going and puts all the goodies onto the Bitcoin blockchain.
Activity: 462
You are not helping Ether.

Anytime someone say "This coin is better than BITCOIN". People run away from it.

And you're a worthless troll.  You're not helping anything. 
legendary
Activity: 924
ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

Iffy...I woulda thunk that a stable anoncoin would have taken the market.

In fact: if you're a fan of the long game and are involved with a quality anoncoin, you should keep your eye on the shadow economy. My own long-term hunch says that the shadow economy is gonna keep growing...and won't be all that welcoming to a proposed solution that makes it "possibly less underground." How many illegal immigrants would welcome a system - even a system as fine as Etherium - that would make them possibly more indictable? Especially in these populist times?

Or for that matter, why would a so-called natural-born citizen welcome it? Both types, I 'umbly suggest, would me more attracted to a system with strong anon protections.

(If you're a so-called rightwing, feel free to insert an Obama-student-records joke here...)
Activity: 462
ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.
What a wonderful dream.
But it's never be true.
Only btc could be a currency.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BTC > etc

Anytime someone say "This coin is better than BITCOIN". People run away from it.

At least until the argument can be proven, which no alt has done so far
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1007
Maybe it is more like etherium functionality is the future of bitcoin, ether (its currency) is not ?

As presumably once the functionality is fleshed out and tested if it is good some bitcoin sidechain will adopt it ?

-MarkM-

Except that 7 minute blocks are totally inadequate for the platform and you cannot go faster than bitcoin as a side chain of it.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
Going against Bitcoin is not a good idea, i would suggest not making the same mistake as other coins, it only works against you.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
FYI - Ethers are as different from bitcoins as oil is from gold.  Ethereum platform is as different from the bitcoin platform as banking is from law.   OP is stupid.

But.  If bitcoin doesn't get it's political & scaling shit together it will eventually be overtaken.  

"Bitcoin is supreme because it's been around for six years.  Your shitcoin will never replace it - bitcoin is better."  

"Why is it better?"  

"Because it will always be the leader since it's always been the leader."

Bitcoin maximalists as a general rule give arguements that're as sound as the OP.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Simply paranoia. A bunch of data cannot throw away 6 years of extraordinary story of bitcoin. Every new coin is a clone of bitcoin and it is impossible that the clone substitute the original. Whatever it will be and whatever are its characteristics. Bitcoin is unique and such will be. Its story haven't begin yet and we will see to much new things about it.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 952
Stagnation is Death
Ethereum is just another 2.0 alternative. Nothing worth looking at for the mass market
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
It will be intereseting to see how ethereum launch will go.. So far they have completely failed to impress me the least bit..
Jump to: