Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 18. (Read 116501 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 106
What will happen to the Ethereum if something happens to Buterin or will it be replaced by other platforms such as EOS? The price of the Ethereum completely corresponds to the demand for it.
Activity: 197
Merit: 10
Both Ethereum and Bitcoin is the future but whatever leading with many features and innovations in crypto? Yes you got it right, it's Ethereum.
Bitcoin and Ethereum could be compared against each other though it would be pointless for one to do so.

Activity: 396
Merit: 106
Both Ethereum and Bitcoin is the future but whatever leading with many features and innovations in crypto? Yes you got it right, it's Ethereum.
Activity: 334
Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange
I always thought that Ethereum is one of the most promising cryptocurrencies and several times more promising and interesting than bitcoin. And now it is also becoming more popular every day. I don't think bitcoin can be as modern and popular
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
Maybe,maybe not I think if bitcoin for any reason may fail it will be rather Ethereu, XMR, or another good altcoin taking over the place of bitcoin.
Activity: 378
I always consider these two cryptocurrencies as the same and do not think that there is any significant difference. But still more often buy Ethereum because it seems to me more modern and promising than bitcoin now.
Activity: 392
Well, the fact that bitcoin is better in technology then this is certainly a fact , but I think that bitcoin still will be better and tembolee bitcoin has its advantages , but superiority will have bitcoin
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
The both of the bitcoin and ethereum are really good coins of the cryptocurrency world. And also I think the both of them will have a good future.
Activity: 812
Merit: 310
Bitcoin is the first coin created, Ethereum was born as an altcoin, where the type of altcoin continues to increase in number over time. The competition in the altcoin continues to increase and gets tighter, each altcoin struggles to maintain its existence and then can increase its popularity. I see Ethereum himself very focused on that competition, not his priority to be able to replace bitcoin because with his achievement to be able to survive in rank 2 until the future is already a brilliant achievement.
Activity: 573
Merit: 11
I will continue to argue it anywhere that bitcoin is still the future of crypto. It should be emphasized that bitcoin serve as the pacesetter for other coins in the market today. Therefore the non existence of bitcoin us tantamount to the non existence of other coins. Therefore bitcoin won't cease to be relevant.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Well for me no matter what the bitcoin is still our future without the bitcoin we can never know what these altcoin are so i think for me the king will always be the king and our future as well just wait for it
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.
though i strongly agree with your theory, nowdays situation seems to joke on us. yes, eth manages to hold in the top but it's still not over btc, alas
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
the killer app needs to be cash, sound money first.  we still are far away  from that now.
ApolloX
ETH is surely a future coin but BTC is the same as well, actually it does a lot better for today, can't say for the future but I'd not call it non-futuristic coin without potential, forks may change a lot of things.
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
ETH can not be better than Bitcoin. It seems to me that large investors rely more on bitcoin than on any other alts. That's why Bitcoin will always come first.
Activity: 303
Merit: 12
I believe in eth because now I still use it as an investment and also as a daily necessity. For example, without help, for daily needs. What is needed at all times.
Activity: 58
No, I think theyre both good. i'd rather buy ETH at the current prices though, looks like a bargain at $200. Hoping they both last a long time though.
Activity: 291
ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.
Interesting post from the past.  Looks like it didn't quite pan out.  Ethereum is very powerful coin and it is no match for Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is only going down to a new technology or a government coin that is forced on us.  I don't think a coin, no matter how great the idea, can surpass Bitcoin at this point. 
Activity: 84
I heard the news, that altcoin began working directly or indirectly with the largest sotfware provider in the world. Whether this strategy will succeed or fail, obviously no one knows. Now, players want to use this news to pump potential coins and throw away coins that have no future. Let's see how the story ends.
Activity: 350
TRONscratch.com
I don't believe that bitcoin will be left over by ethereum. In the future ethereum will always be the number 2 coin as long as bitcoin will exists. This might the reality that we need to face in cryptocurrency.
Pages:
Jump to: