Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 50. (Read 116501 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 0
I don't think that ethereum will reach BTC capitalization anytime in future. BTC is a main currency and it will remain so for many years.
Activity: 78
It seems that the continuous rise, at what price will it arrive? The two seem to have much future, it would be good a correction to then continue to rise
Activity: 93
what are some of the best ETH wallets these days? I bought a trezor hoping it would cover all my needs, but it does not.. sadly
Activity: 131
The hacker now has absolutely no incentive to sell, ESP if that would bring the market to ruin. This was what he was trying to achieve, the existence of the ETC chain. Remember, he was willing to bribe miners that would reject the hard fork. He got a fork he may not have wanted, but the chain that is holding his value is gaining support and may win out in the public eye. So he will get to keep the funds, without paying a cent to any miner.
Activity: 98
Bitcoin and Ethereum are quite different... It is like comparing black to bitter. They both have their own functions and their own future. I think that the price of BTC go up steadily in the long perspective, but as international companies are investing in ETH-based technologies, it will probably do well, too.
Activity: 82
Ethereum is a promising coin that will hold its position in the market in the future, but bitcoin will always be the leader.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
In the world of finance, everything changes so quickly that one can not be sure that tomorrow there will not be a miracle. I think that you should not trust the public opinion so much.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.

This is totally unfair if BTC is the King then ETH is the Queen.Both coins are different in nature but trusted by millions of people across the world.BTC has its own value and is having larges community in the world.ETH is another high profile Altcoin and its community is also very strong.Investment in both of the coins is safe and return is confirm depend upon trading strategies.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
bitcoin is the future of crypto, it is the first ever crypto and for me it is the foundation of all altcoins, ethereum is valuable but bitcoin is more valuable, bitcoin is something different from any other altcoins, even in ethereum.
Activity: 456
Merit: 102
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
in my opinion, these 2 cryptocurrencies are not the future about the present. it seems to me that a new cryptocurrency will appear in the next few years, or one of the less popular today will be on a par with these two cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 67
For me, in any cryptocurrency the bitcoin is the mother, bitcoin is the popular to all users in cryptocurrencies. And because the bitcoin is still alive and its too far to disappear, I will consider it as a future of cryptocurrency not etherium. I saw in the ranking of cryptocurrencies, the etherium is only number two so if the bitcoin will end then the etherium will next to it.
Activity: 56
Even when it reach 7btc = 1zcash, I'm still now really seeing some interest to that coin. It would be a good thing to have some and then dump though but never had i had an interested to buy and keep them for life. Maybe because I always see it too good to be true. I still keep my faith to BTC.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Many people out there only know about one cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. I don't think that Ethereum would be able to surpass Bitcoin in next few years as Bitcoin is one of the most popular cryptocurrency available out there. It has the largest market capital. We should call Bitcoin is the " King of Cryptocurrency ".
Activity: 78
I don't think that ethereum will reach BTC capitalization anytime in future. BTC is a main currency and it will remain so for many years.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
This sound like a 12 year old statement. Anyway as much as I don't like bitcoin, fact is it will always be a part of crypto. That would be the advantage of the first mover. Ethereum is the next in line. It will surpass bitcoin but a long way to go
Activity: 140
i dont think it is true in all cases like etherium might be stable and stuff but bitcoin is also here to stay for a while it maybe possible that etherium might be the new future both have a really long way to go and both can have more and more improvements in them
Activity: 65
ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.

Oh no, I still bitcoin is the king of crypto. ethereum is the second. I got alot income from bitcoin.
Activity: 90
Eth is different from bitcoin they have different project. Bitcoin is the reference of all the coins in the forum, so if bitcoin falls i think all coins will fall.
Activity: 224
Merit: 8

Bitcoin is the strongest coin in Cryptocurrency. while Ethereum is a coin with rapid development. so both have potential that mutually support each other to improve the development of the Cryptocurrency. in addition, Ethereum and Bitcoin will unite to become the flagship coins of the future with a high potential for development.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
You can not claim that ethereum will ever bypass bitcoin because bitcoin is like father of crypto. Ethereum has its own importance no doubt in it but it cant cimpete with bitco8n. The ratio will be always around 1:10 i think.
I agree with your statement, Ethereum will always be a shadow of bitcoin and cannot replace it. What Ethereum should do is to complete with other altcoins that is now copying it's own idea like Smart Contract and DAPP.
Pages:
Jump to: