Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum Pump & Dump Scam - page 13. (Read 32116 times)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501
February 20, 2016, 04:29:36 PM
It wont.

As we all can see, Ethereum does not follow Bitcoin. Which is an extremely bad sign; it is not only catastrophic for Ether holders, it is outright APOCALYPTIC.

This shows us that Ethereum has no interest in the cryptocommunity. If it had, it would move with BTC price; when actual Bitcoin holders and traders are trading. But it does not.

Meaning: when Bitcoin bubbles, Ethereum WON'T FOLLOW. In fact, it will do the OPPOSITE: people will dump their IPO/SCAM COIN Ethereum when they realise it doesn't follow the Bitcoin/Litecoin bubble, and try to get out and convert it to legitimate Bitcoin and Litecoin cryptocurrencies. Result: Ethereum price will DUMP HARD. Hard as: sub $1 within 1-6 hours of the dump initiating.

If you have halve a brain, you should be dumping your Ethereum shit. If you have a lot, I doubt you'll be able to get out because the scam coin lacks liquidity. Most people promoting it don't even have $20 invested in the shit coin. When someone with $1k invested sells, it will affect the price. But when you dump $50k worth of Litecoin, you won't even see a $0.01 change.

That's the difference between scam/shit/ipo/ponzi coins like Ethereum and legitimate cryptocurrencies like Litecoin.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
February 20, 2016, 10:35:37 AM
As a newbie to the crypto markets, I do wonder if anyone has a real grasp of what is happening!  

People with a lot of experience shout buy whilst equally experienced others shout scam, sell.  

It is very hard to make a choice that is well informed and there must be a lot of people acting purely on gut instinct or greed or whatever else.

ETH has potential for sure, but then it has a very good marketing campaign too.

Someone pass me a crystal ball please!

What's sure is that noobs have no clue ^^

But yeah it's rather easy to understand what happened. Eth market cap was triple in something like two hours, it means huge whales came in, made lots of noise around it (spamming on reddit and here) so more people came and price rised for days, then the big whales took their profit. It's called a pump and dump.

Thank you!

I get that pump and dump thing and I can see why they do it etc. 

So as an experienced crypto person, how do you read the clues that this is a temporary pump and dump and not the start of ETH world domination?

Easy, nothing that goes up fast will stay stable. Nothing ever. Eth had something like 250% growth in two days. It's to much you know it'll go back down Wink

The Ethereum price is consolidating at the moment. If it stays around 0.005-0.01 for a few months, it is good.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
February 19, 2016, 08:17:12 PM
As a newbie to the crypto markets, I do wonder if anyone has a real grasp of what is happening!  

People with a lot of experience shout buy whilst equally experienced others shout scam, sell.  

It is very hard to make a choice that is well informed and there must be a lot of people acting purely on gut instinct or greed or whatever else.

But yeah it's rather easy to understand what happened. Eth market cap was triple in something like two hours, it means huge whales came in, made lots of noise around it (spamming on reddit and here) so more people came and price rised for days, then the big whales took their profit. It's called a pump and dump.

Thank you!

So as an experienced crypto person, how do you read the clues that this is a temporary pump and dump and not the start of ETH world domination?

Easy, nothing that goes up fast will stay stable. Nothing ever. Eth had something like 250% growth in two days. It's to much you know it'll go back down Wink
Activity: 870
Merit: 500
Trading will make me rich)
February 19, 2016, 11:51:41 AM
Yesterday it took me 16 seconds to transfer ETH. And it took me 45 minutes to get one confirmation on a BTC transaction.  Same exact dollar value.

Bitcoin is fucked

Bitcoin trx speed sucks ass... but ETH is not the only one crypto with fast transactions, it was designed with "slightly" other features in mind I believe))
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
February 19, 2016, 09:08:29 AM
Yesterday it took me 16 seconds to transfer ETH. And it took me 45 minutes to get one confirmation on a BTC transaction.  Same exact dollar value.

Bitcoin is fucked
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I like Ethereum and Rimbit
February 19, 2016, 09:04:45 AM

Thank you!

February 19, 2016, 08:09:16 AM

hv_
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
February 19, 2016, 08:08:12 AM
Checking this: Dwarfpool has more than 40%  - when do they dictate & take over ?

https://etherscan.io/stats/miner?range=7

(Pls spell correct this link above - it's not etherscam.io )
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I like Ethereum and Rimbit
February 19, 2016, 08:05:42 AM

February 19, 2016, 07:59:35 AM
Get out of this scam while it is still possible. Smiley
I wouldn't call that a scam, but it's still a big pump and dump and nothing more Wink
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
February 19, 2016, 07:56:18 AM
Looks like the price has stabilised against the wishes of you retards.  When are you going to realise what's in front of your faces and buy ETH?
Activity: 717
February 19, 2016, 07:31:36 AM
Get out of this scam while it is still possible. Smiley
February 19, 2016, 07:30:16 AM
The hype is definitely over, ETH continue to go down where it belongs.

I don't understand why some people paid for this train. It was an obvious scam! Price can't just go up like this without any reason!

The price has risen too fast for the Ethereum in the last month. So it is reasonable for the drop to happen.

Yeah but how could people buy?

I mean if tomorrow btc goes over 500 I won't buy!!! It means there will be some kind of manipulation of the market, something that I don't understand.
Be cautious when investing ^^

For ordinary people like us, it is difficult to invest. We can only invest in the things we know, but we do not know much about coins.

Which is why you shouldn't invest in a coin with a sudden high growth! Especially if you don't know a lot about it!

Do you mean the Ethereum? Ethereum has been developed for almost 18 months. It is still being developed. It is not a scam.

Yeah but the incredibly sudden growth is a scam Wink
February 19, 2016, 07:23:52 AM
I dont think it is just a pump and dump scam actually. The price didnt really "bust", it just got where the actuall price of the coin lies, and not where the pump was putting it. It is a great coin.

The price is stablising around 0.01. That is much better than I expect. I thought the dump could make it drop below 0.002.
Activity: 560
February 19, 2016, 04:55:28 AM
I dont think it is just a pump and dump scam actually. The price didnt really "bust", it just got where the actuall price of the coin lies, and not where the pump was putting it. It is a great coin.
Activity: 308
February 19, 2016, 04:47:32 AM
Which is why you shouldn't invest in a coin with a sudden high growth! Especially if you don't know a lot about it!

Do you mean the Ethereum? Ethereum has been developed for almost 18 months. It is still being developed. It is not a scam.

I think the price of Ethereum will grow a lot this year. Many more tools will be built on the Ethereum platform.
February 18, 2016, 04:55:31 PM

I don't understand why some people paid for this train. It was an obvious scam! Price can't just go up like this without any reason!

The price has risen too fast for the Ethereum in the last month. So it is reasonable for the drop to happen.

I mean if tomorrow btc goes over 500 I won't buy!!! It means there will be some kind of manipulation of the market, something that I don't understand.

For ordinary people like us, it is difficult to invest. We can only invest in the things we know, but we do not know much about coins.

February 18, 2016, 06:50:16 AM

February 18, 2016, 06:28:26 AM

February 18, 2016, 05:56:56 AM

Pages:
Jump to: