Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 103. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 3
March 16, 2018, 04:43:02 AM
You can set a separate purse for each crypto currency. This approach provides a safe way to store digital currencies, since each of these wallets allows you to control the private key.
Activity: 1593
Merit: 502
March 16, 2018, 04:36:47 AM
It depends on the purpose of short or long term investment. If I buy or sell coin for a short period of time, I will store on the exchange site and not withdraw money to save fee.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
March 16, 2018, 04:21:14 AM
personally I use my wallet to store my crypto since its the safest way and you have the private keys and if you are for long term investment.. If you are a short trader you go for exhange but the always accept the risk that the exchanges might be hack
Activity: 406
Merit: 104
March 15, 2018, 06:53:51 PM
Maybe we choose both because it depend in situation stock exchange if my coins are not for long term investment but if i want to keep i can hold my coins
I agree. I keep my long term coins for my private wallet for safekeeping purposes but for my day trading coins I just let it in my exchange wallet to save time and money like gas fee since I do not need to transfer my coins to exchange and private wallet back and forth.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
March 15, 2018, 06:34:25 PM
Maybe we choose both because it depend in situation stock exchange if my coins are not for long term investment but if i want to keep i can hold my coins
Activity: 364
March 14, 2018, 01:00:26 PM
It all depends on what you want. If the coin is a short-term investment, it can be stored on the stock exchange, and if you want a long-term investment, it is better to keep on your wallet.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
March 14, 2018, 12:47:54 PM
I share them equally, even if I think often online then I prefer to keep on exchange because I'm worried the data on PC is stolen or damaged due to virus or other factors.
Activity: 434
March 14, 2018, 12:47:34 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
if you want long term investments better stored in the wallet to be more secure and to avoid something unexpected in the exchanger
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
March 14, 2018, 12:40:16 PM
I think to keep the security even tighter for all altcoin we have then we should keep it on the stock and this will provide better security again.
Activity: 252
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
March 14, 2018, 12:36:35 PM
Personally, I trust the wallet, all these news with the breaking of exchanges do not cause trust in the exchanges
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1005
March 14, 2018, 11:53:52 AM
i prefer to store on a wallet.dat (on stick ) bacause i still remember the time that i filled my account on CRYPTSY with a lot of coins but on a given time all my spare coins where stolen , it wasn't mu own fault because CRYPTSY was hacked , but , the coins where gone and till today i never recieved anything back .

sometimes you have to use an exchange but use it with your brains and keep your coins ( tokens ) offline
Activity: 466
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
March 14, 2018, 11:38:24 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks
of course it would be safer to keep the coin inside the wallet especially the wallet offline, because we know that in the exchange there is often a hack.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
www.daxico.com
March 14, 2018, 11:34:14 AM
I both hold coins in exchange and wallets. Cause both have security it depends us how we carefull to our step to prevent getting our password so

Me, i only put or transfer my cryptocurrency asset when i need to trade it to bitcoin. Other than that, i am just keeping it to my Myetherwallet. As to security, that will always come from yourself because there is no perfect system at all.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
March 14, 2018, 10:40:32 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

If you will trade the coin, it is better to be in exchange for you to set a selling price.
If you are holding the coin for a long time like years, it is better in a wallet.
you dont need to have each wallet for every coins as long as it is ERC20 you can keep it in myetherwallet or some.
you can have NEP5 token with NEO wallet too.
copper member
Activity: 644
POINTPAY
March 14, 2018, 10:37:57 AM
if you are keeping for the short term than exchange is recommended for the long-term wallet is advisable
Activity: 232
Merit: 103
March 14, 2018, 10:29:42 AM
If you've been in this game for any length of time you would know about the dangers of exchanges. If your money is on an exchange you don't really own it. It can be taken from you at any time the owners decide to do a runner with millions. I've seen it happen at Mt Gox, Cryptsy, Mintpal, Cryptorush, and Maxx just to name the ones I remember. It's only a matter of time before the next one happens and people lose whatever money they foolishly kept there.
Activity: 263
March 14, 2018, 10:02:55 AM
I think the solution is depending on how you're using those . If you're using those for trading , exchanging from this coin to another one, exchange is the best solution for you to avoid the fee transaction.
But if you're looking for a long-term hold so wallet will be the safest place to keep your coins due to many exchanges are getting hacked nowadays.
Activity: 204
March 14, 2018, 07:41:12 AM
Always hold your coins in a wallet. Leaving them at an exchange is risking business and you could easily lose your coins in the event of an hack. Coins in an exchange is not as protected as those in your personal wallet.
Activity: 319
Apeswap Finance
March 14, 2018, 07:25:45 AM
I think you should keep your coin in the wallet, because storing in exchange is for trading. and also, better keep in your own wallet, because in exchange is not safe.
Activity: 588
Merit: 1
March 14, 2018, 06:42:57 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

Of course money needs to be held on an e-wallet. And at all not at the exchange as the exchanges often crack.
Jump to: