Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 102. (Read 8740 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 507
March 16, 2018, 07:05:20 AM
Simple things such as these should have not been asked! It is almost considered as a common sense really. If you use and exchange then that means you just need it for trading but if you gonna keep it then store it in you wallet.

You can't be saving your money by storing it into other people's bank account instead of yours! But in BTC you're the bank of your own.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
March 16, 2018, 07:03:22 AM
It depend on you:
-If you can keep yours private key safe then holding coins at wallet would be a great idea. But you have to do wallet update, sync, convert... yourself
- If you not sure about those things, then chose a big exchange and holding coins there!
Activity: 151
Merit: 12
Blockchain Identity Verification
March 16, 2018, 07:02:06 AM
Personally, I try to keep my coins in my wallet. But if I need to trade, I place on the stock exchanges no more than half of my coins. Well, I use several stock exchanges, of course.
Activity: 198
Merit: 10
March 16, 2018, 06:59:06 AM
of cousre if your not a day trader store your coin at wallet bacause in some reason some exchanger get your coin and said that your account was hack but i dont have a proof that some exchanger do that. Its better than safe than sorry.
Activity: 167
Merit: 11
March 16, 2018, 06:55:50 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
It is better to keep you coins in your own wallet because exchanger is not a place to keep your cryptocurrency. You should learn from Mt. Gox incident where the coins ofthe users  where stock in their platform and until now they didn't recover.
legendary
Activity: 1006
Merit: 1000
March 16, 2018, 06:53:42 AM
If do you want to hodl for the long time, it will be better to store  your coin in the wallet
because you can control your coin with the private key, if exchange is you do not have the private key.
Activity: 196
Merit: 103
March 16, 2018, 06:52:37 AM
For secure purposes its just wallet . If going to stock many tokens. Always secure your private key if you have a wallet.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
March 16, 2018, 06:50:48 AM
Of course, long-term investments do not need to be held on the stock exchange. It is better to keep them in a paper or hardware wallet.
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
March 16, 2018, 06:46:15 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

It is very easy .
If you are after safety and holding then wallet, definitely wallet.
If you want to do some regular or semi-regular trading you dont have a much of choice, you have to use exchange otherwise it will become expensive and messy and frustrating going back and forth between mew and exchanges.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
March 16, 2018, 06:42:55 AM
To keep your coins secure put it into your wallet and exchange whenever you want to,or whenever it it is needed but if you put it into exchange there's a chance to be hack and goodbye coins-goodbye profit so you better put it in there and secure all your wallet do everything not to steal it
Activity: 461
Merit: 101
March 16, 2018, 06:32:14 AM
I have a question.

Thanks
If you are a long term holder then i will suggest to use a wallet because its much safer to store your coins in a wallet than a exchanges, the only disadvantage of holding coins in a wallet is when the price of coins went up very fast and its hard to sell you're coin immediately because it will take time to confirm you're deposit.
Activity: 182
Merit: 7
March 16, 2018, 06:16:12 AM
If we talk about where it is best to store your money, then it's best to do it on remote devices. I think that such actions will be the safest. Because I believe that today there are no 100% of protected systems. And robbery of the purse is not so rare.
Activity: 434
Merit: 262
March 16, 2018, 06:12:13 AM
For longterm investments of course cold wallets are best. The second reason why wallets better is that you can withdraw your money with better chance. When market is unstable most exchanges stop withwraw with "technical" reasons.
Activity: 702
Merit: 255
March 16, 2018, 06:09:20 AM
I join the opinion of those people who advise you to store fixed assets on local purses, to which only you have access. If you want to trade on the stock exchange, you can store it there. But remember "Do not put all the eggs in one basket."
Activity: 252
Merit: 0
March 16, 2018, 06:08:12 AM
If i just want to keep the coins i will choose wallet, putting coins in exchange is something i classified as risky, even the biggest exchange can close down overnight and just give an explaination of not enough funds for operation or some similar explaination. Even if you can get back your tokens the whole process will be complicated and time consuming.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
March 16, 2018, 06:05:59 AM
I have a question.

Thanks

I am prefer keeping my coin/token on my wallet. Its good to save our coin/token in exchanger but I am afraid because hacker many time success to hack on exchanger wallet.
Activity: 97
March 16, 2018, 06:05:12 AM
i keep all of my coins in my wallet, hardware wallet because it is safer.
Activity: 105
March 16, 2018, 06:01:54 AM
use an exchange if you want to trade, if not use a hardware wallet for long term investment.
Activity: 109
March 16, 2018, 05:58:25 AM
"I'm not sure how savvy you are on exchanges, but I'll highlight a few good exchanges that are quite popular and have high volume of trading..
Poloniex - https://poloniex.com
Bittrex - https://bittrex.com/
Coinbase - https://www.coinbase.com/
when you have enough knowledge ab exchange and wallet, you can make a choice"
Activity: 100
March 16, 2018, 05:47:56 AM
An exchange is where you buy/sell cryptocurrencies. A wallet is where you keep cryptocurrencies you’ve bought or have received. they are different, you must know what you want to do, we would tell you some advice.
Jump to: