Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 40. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
June 09, 2018, 06:36:13 AM

I use both, but you can trust the wallet.it is very easy to use and I have never experienced any hardship or acceptance until now.
Activity: 49
June 09, 2018, 06:33:12 AM
Hi! If you want junt hold your cryptocurrency for a long time, use your wallet it is much more safe than exchangers. Even big and popular exchangers like HitBTC with 2FA entrance can be hacked. I lost about $400 last mounth on this exchanger. Pay attention to this post and do not do the same mistakes as I did.
Activity: 126
June 09, 2018, 06:25:20 AM
Everyone will have the desired difference here, it all depends on what individual you want to do. If you want to hold then the wallet is the best because you have full control over your assets with you have the key to access the wallet and you can send to wherever you want and vice versa If you want to trade then clear exchange.
Some owners have trouble getting funding out of certain exchangers
Activity: 532
Merit: 12
KEEP CALM and HODL
June 09, 2018, 06:20:30 AM
It seems to me that keeping coins permanently on the exchange - It's not safe. For these purposes, you better use the Hardware wallet. It will be better than keeping the coins on the exchange constantly.
Activity: 210
June 09, 2018, 06:19:05 AM
Your number 1 priority should be keeping your money safe - so I'd definitely say that a wallet combined with a decentralized exchange should generally be your best bet, even if it makes trading a bit trickier.  If you need an exchange because of lower rates or more options or whatever, take the tokens off the exchange as quickly as possible.  Some of these exchanges are super-sketchy and are definitely going to be losing people a lot of money at some point.
Activity: 126
June 09, 2018, 06:14:09 AM
It is better to have your cryptos in different wallets, in case something goes wrong(hopefully not) you won't lose everything you worked hard for. Hardware wallets is also good for more security.  Wink
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
June 08, 2018, 10:06:48 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

I want to answer this question by another clear question that will help you to catch your answer. please answer this question and think about it: "can you put your assets in my wallet?" maybe you answer "No". that is true, when you have money; you only hold your assets in your wallet. so exchanges only places for changing and not for holding
Activity: 198
Merit: 10
June 08, 2018, 10:05:04 PM
I think much better if you hold your token into your wallet.because your wallet is much safer than exchange site. And you can choose if you want to hold it for a while or sell it. And many exchange site now isn't stable. So for me i hold to my wallet.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
June 08, 2018, 09:58:29 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
both have the same risk. I've had phishing on the wallet, and at that time I believe that the asset store on the exchanger is better. until I also experienced the theft of assets on the exchanger. I no longer trust in both
Activity: 232
June 08, 2018, 09:46:31 PM
I agree with many users above. Exchange - this is only for bidding. If You holding - only on your wallet. It's safer, less risky. At least, because the exchanges are not responsible for storage. At least, this is described in the user agreement.
Activity: 252
June 08, 2018, 09:43:46 PM

I think to keep coins on some Exchange site isn’t good idea. Use wallets for each coin and HOLD.
Activity: 749
Merit: 507
June 08, 2018, 09:39:44 PM
Would you like to store your money in a bank safe or your home? What if somebody rob the bank?
It's easier to rob exchanges. Most of the big ones in the past claimed they were hacked. If you still feel safe when you put your money on an exchange then it's your choice. Good luck.
Activity: 140
June 08, 2018, 09:35:48 PM
You should always keep your cryptocurrencies in your wallet.  Only keep coins on exchanges for trading purposes.  With the recent hacks of Coincheck and Bitgrail, it should be a message that exchanges are not safe for storing coins.
Activity: 7
June 08, 2018, 08:26:52 PM
This is a tough one, theres a phrase in the crypto community "not your private keys, not your coins"
Id personally lean towards keeping coins in your own wallet, a hardware wallet would be best,
keep coins on exchange that you want to trade
Activity: 238
June 08, 2018, 03:43:01 PM
I think  wallet is better than exchange for long-term holding.   Exchanges are always the target of hackers. It is not safe. But if you want to trade you must hold your coins in Exchanges. You must determine your gold, holding or trading?
Activity: 38
June 08, 2018, 03:09:09 PM
By keeping it in your wallet, it may take some time to be confirmed and during this time the price may have gone down.
If you hold a coin for a long time, keep it in your wallet, and exchange it whenever you are ready or you really need to.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
June 08, 2018, 02:58:29 PM
In cryptocurrency, there is not the safest way to keep the currency.
1- cold wallet (the most secure that exists). They are called so: Lenger nano s, Trezor.
2 - Coin Purse for ETH-based coins - Myetherwallet
3- At the stock exchange, I would not advise you to keep your coins. But I do it myself
Activity: 127
June 08, 2018, 02:56:23 PM
As far as I know, it is not safe to keep coins on the exchange. The exchange may close at any time, or it will be obliged to comply with the laws of your country, which restrict cryptocurrency. I prefer to keep my main savings in my wallets, and I keep small coins on the stock exchange.
Activity: 896
Merit: 103
June 08, 2018, 02:50:24 PM
no way , dont use for holding exchange! Have bad opinion! use only wallet, better what  to use wallet, which downloaded on your computer
Activity: 272
Merit: 12
June 08, 2018, 02:48:31 PM
I personally don't like to keep my coins on exchange no matter how strong that exchange because hackers are always after all crypto exchanges and if someone have his or her own coin on exchange when hacked then all coin will lost. So I prefer to store my coin in wallet and not exchange because I feel unsecured on exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: