Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 42. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 105
June 07, 2018, 10:57:36 AM
According to my opinion you should keep your coins and tokens in their respective wallets like bitcoin in its wallet, ERC-20 tokens in its wallet or NEP-5 in theirs, etc. Keeping your cryptos in the exchange can be quite risky with all the hacks and all. Recently, my friends binance account got frozen due to unknown reason and he had all his cryptos in that account.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
June 07, 2018, 06:18:00 AM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
If you are hold for long term coin, you should use personal wallet! Avoid Exchange instances, Personal wallet will lose synchronization time, But will certainly ensure more secure!
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
June 07, 2018, 06:07:44 AM
Saving all the coins in one exchange for me is not very recommended, because saving in exchange is very risky.
If you want to save on an exchange, better keep it on a reputable exchange but you should still review it every day to keep funds safe there.
I would recommend saving funds on a wallet.
Activity: 74
June 07, 2018, 05:50:14 AM
as for me i prefer hold on wallet. I have some different coins and had some planing to change it before. Situation on market do correction in my plan. i hold on wallet
Activity: 82
June 07, 2018, 01:14:18 AM
Well if yoy are going to do some short term investmeng why not put it on exchanger so whenever it pump you can just convert right away but if you are doing some long term investment why not put it on wallet for much more safer
Activity: 98
June 07, 2018, 01:11:46 AM
If you don`t plan to trade them, then is better not to keep your coins on any exchange. Indeed, if you have many different coins, it`s more convenient to keep all of them in a single place, but you have complete control over your funds only if you keep them in your wallets. Obviously, a hardware wallet would be the safest choice.
Activity: 1121
Merit: 100
June 06, 2018, 03:36:22 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

If you want to business or trade, then you will keep few coins in Exchange site. It also depends on long or short term. It is almost impossible to keep your coins in Exchange site. So, we need to open or create wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1340
June 06, 2018, 09:31:08 AM
i prefer to keep my coins in a wallet and send them to exchanges once i want to trade it...i think that keep couns in exchanges in not realy a safe way

I think that most investors use wallets and this is correct. Almost every post or article about security says that you can not keep your tokens on the exchange - this is fraught with the loss of all your investments. This has already happened and to ignore this warning would be foolish.
Activity: 58
June 06, 2018, 09:27:25 AM

I think for the reason of security keeping your coin with exchange is better because they have a better and stronger hacking proof than wallet created by individuals. But each person has the right to chose where he or she prefer.
Activity: 148
June 06, 2018, 09:23:32 AM
I am not holding a one coin in one wallet, but it sounds logic for me to create new wallet for every coin more secure
Activity: 271
Merit: 10
June 06, 2018, 05:43:06 AM
Wallet!
If you dont want to loose your money.

There are still some attacks on exchanges, and it's not safe to keep your coins here. Last attack was on Binance, but they survived it and even earned  Grin Cool.

Activity: 960
Merit: 502
June 06, 2018, 05:41:06 AM
Exchanges are not wallets. They are adding counterparty risks. It's way safer to use a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano S, def worth the money.
Activity: 84
June 06, 2018, 04:46:21 AM
Ask yourself why you need coins on the stock exchange?! Trade is not a problem, but if you buy on the stock exchange and want to store coins 2-3-4-5 years, then of course choose a wallet and it is better if it is a cold wallet.
Activity: 1096
Merit: 167
June 05, 2018, 04:09:45 PM
i prefer to keep my coins in a wallet and send them to exchanges once i want to trade it...i think that keep couns in exchanges in not realy a safe way
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
June 05, 2018, 04:00:36 PM
As for me, it is best of all a physical wallet such as TRESOR or Ledger Nano S as they represent the highest degree of security for bitcoins or other cryptocurrency Smiley Wink
Activity: 301
Next Generation Antivirus
June 05, 2018, 10:26:50 AM
If you trade coins every day, you can keep them on the exchange.  And if you have a large number of coins for a long time, it is safer to keep them on your wallet.  Many coins have separate wallets.  It is also convenient to use MEV.
Activity: 98
Merit: 28
June 05, 2018, 10:25:05 AM
You should use wallets to protect your coins or tokens from stole. Exchanges are so risky to hold your tokens there.
Also hardware wallets are more safer than online wallets.
Activity: 1610
June 05, 2018, 10:19:24 AM
it's depends on your self, if you want to use your token/coins for daily trading you should keep on exchange, if you want to use it for long-term investment then keep it in the wallet would be the best decision.
Activity: 658
Merit: 20
June 05, 2018, 10:01:58 AM
of course very safe to put the coins we have in the wallet because I saw some time ago there was a hack in some exchanges such as coinsmarkets and many people who lost money there
Activity: 336
June 05, 2018, 09:27:35 AM
Of course Wallet is more safe than exchanges, if exchanges is gonna be hacked all coins gonna be took from others and u ll let without anything, a lot of times this happened before.
Pages:
Jump to: