Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange or Wallet? - page 41. (Read 8741 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 12
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
June 08, 2018, 02:44:28 PM
On the exchanger, the coin storage is very convenient, you can quickly sell or exchange them for others. But it's safer to keep it in your wallet.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
June 08, 2018, 02:42:12 PM
I have the rules to keep on the stock exchanges no more than $ 30,000. But in the light of recent events I think for the auction to leave $ 10,000.
Activity: 994
Merit: 101
June 08, 2018, 02:38:25 PM
If you are gonna hold coin for long term then i suggest you please hold it in wallet. cause you don't know about any exchanges. you don't know they are gonna stay or scam. yes there are many exchanges that they provide us great service from couple of years. but we also see many exchanges that they scam many people and project. so my opinion is wallet. but if you are a regular trader than exchange is the good option too.  Wink
Activity: 639
Merit: 18
June 08, 2018, 01:29:32 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

it's better to keep the coins in the wallet alone, because we are the ones who keep it without engaging others, but if we save on the exchange site, if the exchange site happens hacker, then our coins in exchange will be lost and the exchange will not be responsible.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 08, 2018, 01:28:08 PM
Till date, I have installed only two desktop wallets for altcoins - these are Byteball and Deep Onion. A few months back, I sold all my Byteball and removed the wallet from my system. But I am still holding some Deep Onion.
Activity: 639
Merit: 18
June 08, 2018, 01:26:50 PM
in my opinion, we better keep the coins in the wallet address instead of storing on the exchange site, because if the hacker exchange sites are so hackers then all our balance will be lost.
Activity: 476
Merit: 0
June 08, 2018, 01:23:47 PM
Exchange is a website that handles the transaction of bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
Bitcoin wallet is a provided service where you can store your bitcoin securely.
Activity: 126
June 08, 2018, 01:11:39 PM
Unfortunately there are times that your unable to take a coin off of the exchange because your not allowed. then you have no choice. so to prevent this, whatever exchange your work with, make sure you can withdraw it before buying. Otherwise you have only 2 choices. sell (possibly for lower amount) or leave on exchange until you can withdraw it.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 276
June 08, 2018, 01:06:58 PM
I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

wallets are much more safer of course. there is less possibility to being hacked etc. but you can not act fast when you put them to wallet. in exchanges you can put sell orders and stop losses that has very good benefits for traders.
Activity: 40
June 08, 2018, 01:06:12 PM
wallet, I prefer wallet rather than exchange, the reason is simple, the potential scam between wallet and exchange greater than wallet exchange. therefore I prefer wallet to store my crypto instead of exchange.
Activity: 174
June 08, 2018, 01:04:36 PM
wallet is best for long term coin hold.but if you want to  trade you must use exchange
Activity: 115
June 08, 2018, 01:01:48 PM
wallet is still the best option. best and safer option. because many bounties right now warn you to not use exchange wallet
Activity: 210
Merit: 24
June 08, 2018, 01:01:18 PM
At the moment I keep my coins on the stock exchange, because I tried to start trading. Also, I keep them there in case the market dump to go to the tether.
Activity: 188
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
June 08, 2018, 01:00:26 PM
I see any exchange has security  two authentication google . i want to know ,is it safe 100% for my account  ?
Activity: 119
June 08, 2018, 12:58:20 PM
If you do not trade in crypto currency, but just want to buy coins and keep for a long time, then ideally you will need to create wallets for all the crypts you bought and store them there. If you trade in crypto currency, then keep it on the exchange.
Activity: 174
June 08, 2018, 12:54:36 PM
you must keep coins in your wallet always.exchanges are only using for trading
Activity: 31
June 08, 2018, 12:41:05 PM
Exchange is way too vulnerable to hacking plus your coin activities is pretty much exposed, wallets are safer bet as you can chose which one works for you and encrypt it in your own liking, always stay safe
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
June 08, 2018, 04:40:49 AM
I think the best practice is to keep only those funds on exchange that you want to day trade or hold on mid term. For other assets and long term investments i think it's better to use cold wallets.
Activity: 145
June 07, 2018, 11:09:35 AM
Some users set a separate purse for each crypto currency (for example, Electrum-Dash or Ethereum Wallet). This approach undoubtedly provides a safe way to store digital currencies, because each of these wallets gives you the opportunity to control the private key. If the latter is stored in a secure place (for example, written on paper and or stored on a flash device that is always offline), then you can be 100% sure of the safety of digital savings.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
June 07, 2018, 11:07:22 AM
if you want to keep your altcoin for long-term investments, and do not do daily trading. you should save the coin in the wallet. especially on wallet hardware. because the level of security is better than saving on the exchanger. this is prone to hacked. save in the wallet hardware, you are not worried about someone hacked your coin, because you can bring this wallet. such as trezor and ledger wallets.
Pages:
Jump to: