Pages:
Author

Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds - page 34. (Read 135445 times)

Activity: 160
Merit: 13
Damn, Fairlay is now charging .5 mBTC or $3 USD to cashout BTC.

That seems a bit steep. What are the real costs out there these days? Have they really gone up that much?
Activity: 205
Merit: 22
hey, how long until this market gets settled?

You should have some kind of alerts to know if market is over or not
https://old.fairlay.com/market/chelsea-corners-vs-watford-corners-36/

Please do not use this forum or our email to report wrong or missing settlements.  The only way to report it is via our Public Support channel  on fairlay.com.

I used that, got this reply 2 hours after the match and after the resolution time
Thanks for the message, we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
UNQUOTE

does anybody know if they are looking at Hong Kong and Australian Racing?

australian racing has bets settled quickly
Activity: 473
Merit: 252
please do not contact us here via PM.

Please do not use this forum or our email to report wrong or missing settlements.  The only way to report it is via our Public Support channel  on fairlay.com.
Activity: 307
Merit: 20
does anybody know if they are looking at Hong Kong and Australian Racing?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

still unsettled
Chelsea - Watford is a Premier league match, not a match on a smaller division of a small country, why does this take so long to settle?

This continues to be one of my critics towards fairlay.
They have thousands of markets per match, such as endless over/unders goals/corners/cards but then it takes ages to settle.

What is the point of having those markets in the first place?
to attract liquidity?
what happens in case of low liquidity traded?

Since you are not taking any cut on the bets placed (commission) having so many markets should turn out to be quite a burden to handle all of them.

legendary
Activity: 1868
Merit: 1023

In my opinion, all these > $1 Billion market cap bitcoin forks/clones, they should just all use the same addresses so people don't get confused.

You send your BTC/BCC/SEGWIT2X/BitcoinGold to one address and whichever chain the service detects it on, that coin get creditted to your account.

Using the same address confuses people.  Without replay protection, you send your BitcoinGold to an address and someone else can send your Bitcoins to the same address as well (on a different block chain) without your permission (and you cannot stop them).
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
"I honestly don't understand why the huge fuss is with replay protection. Even with Bitcoin CASH it was an issue at first where they didn't want to implement it, they only added it later."

I think all wallet software needs to be re-written to accomadate this feature.

You can't send bitcoin cash with a legacy bitcoin wallet. That's a lot of work for the ecosystem (upgrading wallets), so the B2X team (one developer, last I heard) is just trying to jam B2X as the new BTC, and this way the wallets can stay as is. I may be wrong, but this is how I understand it.

The problem is that you need to understand that most people these days 95% are very new to Bitcoin.

Remember when we just started out with Bitcoin, we had no clue on how to make that work.

For us, its not a big deal because we can easily just send the funds after the fork to a address with a private key we control. But the problem is that most newbies won't know how to do that. They probably didn't even know that a fork just happened.

In my opinion, all these > $1 Billion market cap bitcoin forks/clones, they should just all use the same addresses so people don't get confused.

You send your BTC/BCC/SEGWIT2X/BitcoinGold to one address and whichever chain the service detects it on, that coin get creditted to your account.
Will we be credited with Bitcoin Gold? Or do we need to move our BTC and BCH to a wallet?

How about B2X?

Thanks!

SegWit2X will be supported. Bitcoin Gold seems insiginficant and we will most likely not support it. Please withdraw your BTC.
Hi Support,
Sorry to bother, but can you please confirm that all bets on Trump paid on January 1st will be settled and paid in BTC?
Thanks.

Confirmed.  S2X currently trades at 0.15BTC on bitfinex. So it seems like we will stay in BTC. We will make an official announcement at least 1 week before the S2X fork.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
Will we be credited with Bitcoin Gold? Or do we need to move our BTC and BCH to a wallet?

How about B2X?

Thanks!

SegWit2X will be supported. Bitcoin Gold seems insiginficant and we will most likely not support it. Please withdraw your BTC.
Hi Support,
Sorry to bother, but can you please confirm that all bets on Trump paid on January 1st will be settled and paid in BTC?
Thanks.

How about B2X?

Thanks!

How about B2X?

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1868
Merit: 1023
This Ether futures market used to have a 5% or so gap between bids and asks.  But now it is over 60%.  Needs a market maker!

https://old.fairlay.com/market/ethereum-future/
Activity: 138
Merit: 14
"I honestly don't understand why the huge fuss is with replay protection. Even with Bitcoin CASH it was an issue at first where they didn't want to implement it, they only added it later."

I think all wallet software needs to be re-written to accomadate this feature.

You can't send bitcoin cash with a legacy bitcoin wallet. That's a lot of work for the ecosystem (upgrading wallets), so the B2X team (one developer, last I heard) is just trying to jam B2X as the new BTC, and this way the wallets can stay as is. I may be wrong, but this is how I understand it.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Basically in the next 40 days it will bring alot of uncertaintely for services and exchanges since its still very difficult to tell what will come of this Segwit2X fork.

It would of been alot better to just postpone the fork until next year. Because unlike the BCASH fork,  there is no emergency difficulty adjustment.

And what will happen will be a miss since both chains cannot run at the current huge difficulty without massive slowdown.

The Bitcoin price has increased nearly 6 % today. This suggests that many investors are not worried about the fork at all.
Big holders can expect a huge windfall of coins if the fork actually happens. If both coins will be trading for several thousand dollars
per coin and you sell your coins on one chain for coins on the other chain you can potentially increase your stash of your preferred
BTC coins by 50% or more.

No replay protection also isn´t a really problem if you decide to leave the coins on both chains untouched for a few days or weeks
until the dust has settled.

There will probably be an address (3Bit1xA4apyzgmFNT2k8Pvnd6zb6TnwcTi) , if included as output, makes the transaction invalid on the SegWit2X chain. So splitting your coins is very easy.  The whole no-strong-replay-protection argument is fake. SegWit2X was designed to be Bitcoin, take over the BTC symbol and be compatible with all wallets and therefore must not have replay protection.

Yes but in my opinion the replay protection should be more "idiot-proof".

To the average bitcoiner its not easy to implent this when somebody sends a transaction.

I honestly don't understand why the huge fuss is with replay protection. Even with Bitcoin CASH it was an issue at first where they didn't want to implement it, they only added it later.

Same with SEGWIT2X, it was a pain getting them to add some form of replay protection.
The betslip was recently updated but the real bookmaker view is still in the making.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109

So in this screenshot, am I betting NC State +5 at -171 odds?
Yes that is correct, you are betting on the other team (NC State) with a handicap of +5 at -171.  Wink

THANK YOU!

So would you say the fact that I clicked the "bet against +171" square and then an input box with odds -171 comes up.  Wouldn't you say that's a bug or at the very least counter-intuitive?  I don't get that at all!

Maybe, but this is how the exchange view works (as implemented on Betfair, Betdaq, Matchbook, Smarkets and many more).  +171  are the odds someone else is asking for.   We will however follow matchbook and offer a bookmaker view soon  for users who are not used to it.

I do not see the Bookmaker View option available. Is it there somewhere or in the works? Thanks for that. I think that will help, especially with newbies.
The bookmaker view is in the betslip, after you click on the selection to Lay (if my memory is correct).

So in this screenshot, am I betting NC State +5 at -171 odds?
Yes that is correct, you are betting on the other team (NC State) with a handicap of +5 at -171.  Wink

THANK YOU!

So would you say the fact that I clicked the "bet against +171" square and then an input box with odds -171 comes up.  Wouldn't you say that's a bug or at the very least counter-intuitive?  I don't get that at all!

Maybe, but this is how the exchange view works (as implemented on Betfair, Betdaq, Matchbook, Smarkets and many more).  +171  are the odds someone else is asking for.   We will however follow matchbook and offer a bookmaker view soon  for users who are not used to it.

I do not see the Bookmaker View option available. Is it there somewhere or in the works? Thanks for that. I think that will help, especially with newbies.
Pages:
Jump to: