Pages:
Author

Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds - page 35. (Read 135445 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

There will probably be an address (3Bit1xA4apyzgmFNT2k8Pvnd6zb6TnwcTi) , if included as output, makes the transaction invalid on the SegWit2X chain. So splitting your coins is very easy.  The whole no-strong-replay-protection argument is fake. SegWit2X was designed to be Bitcoin, take over the BTC symbol and be compatible with all wallets and therefore must not have replay protection.

Interesting, I wasn´t aware of that!

I ultimately think that the outcome of the fork will depend on the exchanges. If they list SegWit2x as BTC the outcome should be pretty clear.
Do you think the big exchanges will do this? Bitfinex is as far as I know the only big exchange that has already released a statement and it was
pretty ambiguous.

Additionally, it amazes me how divided the community is on the whole fork topic (even more than on the Bitcoin Cash hard fork). If we only look at gambling site / prediction market operators we have a few
sites like Fairlay that favor SegWit2x and on the other hand several owners, who heavily oppose it.
Activity: 473
Merit: 252
please do not contact us here via PM.

Basically in the next 40 days it will bring alot of uncertaintely for services and exchanges since its still very difficult to tell what will come of this Segwit2X fork.

It would of been alot better to just postpone the fork until next year. Because unlike the BCASH fork,  there is no emergency difficulty adjustment.

And what will happen will be a miss since both chains cannot run at the current huge difficulty without massive slowdown.

The Bitcoin price has increased nearly 6 % today. This suggests that many investors are not worried about the fork at all.
Big holders can expect a huge windfall of coins if the fork actually happens. If both coins will be trading for several thousand dollars
per coin and you sell your coins on one chain for coins on the other chain you can potentially increase your stash of your preferred
BTC coins by 50% or more.

No replay protection also isn´t a really problem if you decide to leave the coins on both chains untouched for a few days or weeks
until the dust has settled.

There will probably be an address (3Bit1xA4apyzgmFNT2k8Pvnd6zb6TnwcTi) , if included as output, makes the transaction invalid on the SegWit2X chain. So splitting your coins is very easy.  The whole no-strong-replay-protection argument is fake. SegWit2X was designed to be Bitcoin, take over the BTC symbol and be compatible with all wallets and therefore must not have replay protection.
Activity: 658
Merit: 282

Basically in the next 40 days it will bring alot of uncertaintely for services and exchanges since its still very difficult to tell what will come of this Segwit2X fork.

It would of been alot better to just postpone the fork until next year. Because unlike the BCASH fork,  there is no emergency difficulty adjustment.

And what will happen will be a miss since both chains cannot run at the current huge difficulty without massive slowdown.

The Bitcoin price has increased nearly 6 % today. This suggests that many investors are not worried about the fork at all.
Big holders can expect a huge windfall of coins if the fork actually happens. If both coins will be trading for several thousand dollars
per coin and you sell your coins on one chain for coins on the other chain you can potentially increase your stash of your preferred
BTC coins by 50% or more.

No replay protection also isn´t a really problem if you decide to leave the coins on both chains untouched for a few days or weeks
until the dust has settled.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Regarding the upcoming hard fork:

We will most likely switch to the SegWit2X blockchain. In that case those bets that were placed before the hard fork and settled after it will only be settled on the SegWit2X chain and will be voided on the legacy chain.

We are once more asking all users to pull their support from all Core developers who are working for Blockstream. These developers have a serious conflict of interest and are unfit to lead the Bitcoin development.

Our ticker symbol for SegWit2X will be BTC.  Legacy Bitcoin will be made available for withdraw and to trade against BTC (2X).

We will write a blog post once our decision is final.

Further announcements will be posted on our blog from now on: http://blog.fairlay.com/

Once again I ask you to be crystal clear about the phrase "voided on the legacy chain"

Can you verify this means the legacy bitcoin will be refunded, and one will only have action on the s2x chain (for long term wagers that cross the chain split time)?

Or do you plan on keeping the legacy part of the bet for yourselves?

Thanks for your clarification

We do not keep anything for ourselves. If our decision to make SegWit2X  the default currency on Fairlay won't change, we will distribute Legacy Bitcoin according to the total balance of each user at the time of the fork. The total balance is the sum of the available balance and the used balance.  Therefore bets won't be settled in Legacy Bitcoin  but voided and the stake returned (except for the Trump market).  
Our decision which chain we will support is not final yet, but we are leaning towards SegWit2X even if it should have slightly less than 50% of the market cap in the beginning.

It would of been alot better to just postpone the fork until next year. Because unlike the BCASH fork,  there is no emergency difficulty adjustment.

Can someone from support respond to my case please? There are some errors which site calculated my profit with low odd.I enjoy from betting but this type errors irritate me. Thanks!

Which case? Best you come to the public support channel.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 509
Can someone from support respond to my case please? There are some errors which site calculated my profit with low odd.I enjoy from betting but this type errors irritate me. Thanks!
Fairlay, while taking sides on the fork is understandable - you might want to prioritize the winning side.  One way of telling this is to look at where people are actually putting their money on Bitfinex's chain split tokens.  Especially if the volume increases (currently too low - around 800 BTC in the past day). 

The BTC price split on Bitfinex is currently 75% (Original Segwit) / 25 % (Segwit 2X)

Yes the price will be of course the main indicator  which side we will choose.   If SegWit2X will only have a market cap of 20% we will probably stay in Legacy Bitcoin.    However keep in mind that the terms on Bitfinex  are unfair towards 2X.    The possibility that one of the sides gives in or that a compromise is found  is still not too small and in that case Bitfinex 2X tokens are rendered worthless. That's why the price there should be handled with caution.   
legendary
Activity: 1868
Merit: 1023
Fairlay, while taking sides on the fork is understandable - you might want to prioritize the winning side.  One way of telling this is to look at where people are actually putting their money on Bitfinex's chain split tokens.  Especially if the volume increases (currently too low - around 800 BTC in the past day). 

The BTC price split on Bitfinex is currently 75% (Original Segwit) / 25 % (Segwit 2X)

Activity: 196
Merit: 109
Could you tell your market makers that they should consider seeding the horse betting markets
with more liquidity?

Right now I want to place a bet on a horse race that starts in roughly 25 minutes.
It´s not an exotic event, but rather the opening race of the racing day at
Ascot (one of the more prominent racing stops).

On the favorite (Alaadeel) I can place only a paltry 6 mBTC. This is not, because someone
took away the available liquidity (the market has no bets as of now), but rather
because the market maker didn´t offer more than 6 mBTC.
I can understand when the market maker doesn´t want to expose himself on a longshot,
but I´m talking about the favorite here.

We have several market makers in the horse racing section. If you provide a link to the market we can notify the market maker.

The UK racing seems to have ok liquidity BUT the USA tracks that have just started popping up if u can inform that market maker to be consist and increase liquidity and post the races earlier as they seem to pop up randomly and late...ty vm
To be fair even Betfair have shit liquidity on US races. 
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Could you tell your market makers that they should consider seeding the horse betting markets
with more liquidity?

Right now I want to place a bet on a horse race that starts in roughly 25 minutes.
It´s not an exotic event, but rather the opening race of the racing day at
Ascot (one of the more prominent racing stops).

On the favorite (Alaadeel) I can place only a paltry 6 mBTC. This is not, because someone
took away the available liquidity (the market has no bets as of now), but rather
because the market maker didn´t offer more than 6 mBTC.
I can understand when the market maker doesn´t want to expose himself on a longshot,
but I´m talking about the favorite here.

We have several market makers in the horse racing section. If you provide a link to the market we can notify the market maker.

The UK racing seems to have ok liquidity BUT the USA tracks that have just started popping up if u can inform that market maker to be consist and increase liquidity and post the races earlier as they seem to pop up randomly and late...ty vm

We will most likely switch to the SegWit2X blockchain. In that case those bets that were placed before the hard fork and settled after it will only be settled on the SegWit2X chain and will be voided on the legacy chain.

We are once more asking all users to pull their support from all Core developers who are working for Blockstream. These developers have a serious conflict of interest and are unfit to lead the Bitcoin development.

Our ticker symbol for SegWit2X will be BTC.  Legacy Bitcoin will be made available for withdraw and to trade against BTC (2X).

Further announcements will be posted on our blog from now on: http://blog.fairlay.com/

Once again I ask you to be crystal clear about the phrase "voided on the legacy chain"

Can you verify this means the legacy bitcoin will be refunded, and one will only have action on the s2x chain (for long term wagers that cross the chain split time)?

We do not keep anything for ourselves. If our decision to make SegWit2X  the default currency on Fairlay won't change, we will distribute Legacy Bitcoin according to the total balance of each user at the time of the fork. The total balance is the sum of the available balance and the used balance.  Therefore bets won't be settled in Legacy Bitcoin  but voided and the stake returned (except for the Trump market).  
Our decision which chain we will support is not final yet, but we are leaning towards SegWit2X even if it should have slightly less than 50% of the market cap in the beginning.

Activity: 138
Merit: 14

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
What will you do if neither chain dies but Bitcoin Legacy ends up having a higher price and is clearly the dominant chain?
Well, it's been fun, Fairlay, but this is the final straw. You've let politics poison your judgement to the point where you think it's acceptable for players who bet BTC to get their winnings paid in an altcoin.

Hasta la vista, baby!
I have 0.3 Btc pending at Fairlay, should be 0.33 Btc if my bets wins, which will be the case (Trump to be president in january 2018). I won't be able to withdraw in Btc? What is this?

We will settle the Trump to be president in january 2018  market in both currencies though it's more complicated for us. Given the large volume and the fact that the outcome of the market will be almost certain and no further volume can be expected. 
Thanks for your quick reply. Sounds good Wink
Well, it's been fun, Fairlay, but this is the final straw. You've let politics poison your judgement to the point where you think it's acceptable for players who bet BTC to get their winnings paid in an altcoin.

Hasta la vista, baby!
I have 0.3 Btc pending at Fairlay, should be 0.33 Btc if my bets wins, which will be the case (Trump to be president in january 2018). I won't be able to withdraw in Btc? What is this?

We will settle the Trump to be president in january 2018  market in both currencies though it's more complicated for us. Given the large volume and the fact that the outcome of the market will be almost certain and no further volume can be expected. 
If this is the case, I would like to trade by bets immediately and withdraw before the switch,
Thanks.

Hasta la vista, baby!
Activity: 369
Merit: 111

Hasta la vista, baby!
Activity: 138
Merit: 14

Are you saying that if someone bet 1 BTC before chainsplit to win 1 BTC, and the bet wins and is settled after chain split, you will return 1 legacy BTC (voided part of bet) and 2 Segwit2x tokens to the user?

Hi Support,
I am still a very beginner in the bitcoin world and do not understand what this means.
I am in this situation, since I placed bets on Trump to be president in 2018, so markets settled in January.
In which way do I get affected? (i have a wallet at blockchain).

Thanks for your reply.
Pages:
Jump to: