Pages:
Author

Topic: Fifth alt coin thread last four got too big. - page 4. (Read 47179 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 250
very interesting b - gold

for gpu's  may make our gpu's be more valuable.

Interesting,.,,,, need to prepare a few more dozen 1080ti or this BTG

if yet another fork comes out..... Bitcoin Silver minable by Scrypt miners LOL... like LTC

Do we know if the algo is going to something the 1080 ti is actually good at it?
Activity: 77
Merit: 0
well  depends on how many rigs you have  if you have 5 three card 1080 ti rigs.   you can point four to the top coin and 1 to the second coin.

then check it every 4 to 6 hours deciding to shift or stand pat.

if you have 1 big 8-12 card rig  and nothing else  you fucked yourself  for easy decisions to switch or not.

For me I am all zec to btc  15x 1080 ti's and 1x 1070

and I convert zec to btc to cash

I also have 50th in btc asic miners which i convert to cash.

I have decided to hold a little  but mostly convert to cash.

Also I no longer worry about perfection

https://new.nicehash.com/miner/16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr  say 500-600 a month

https://new.nicehash.com/miner/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje   say  1000 - 1100 a month

50 th in btc say 1900 a month

this is 3600 a month  I do not worry if it is 3300  or 4000  by better picking  it is less stress.

I also do not rush expansion.   since buysolar and i will be expanding  from 9-13kwatts to 36-52kwatts

in the next 9-12 months  will will slowly add gear from profits.

I am small time.  I have a small 6 card rig, 2 - 1080s (not TI), 2 - 1070s and 2 - 1060s.    Right now SIGT seems to be my best bet at about $12/day.  I've noticed that in the exchange, I always seem to lose about $2.00 or so. 

Right now I'm mining on ZPool because it does the exchange for me and I see no appreciable difference in mining on Zpool and have them exchange as mining on Suprnova and exchanging myself.
SVK
Activity: 378
I still didn't claim Bitmain cash and there is another BUTGold coming out ??
Oh dear.

well  a few simple questions

do you have a lot coming? coins are worth more the 500 usd a coin
do you know how to check for it? there are bcc/bch blockchains to check what you have coming to you.

Hi Phillip,

I'm not sure what to do exactly and how to claim it. It's not a huge chunk (maybe $50k +).
As I said before I have all coins on Electrum and last time I read what to do my brain shutted down.

16 fuses and 10 relays burned out and since that I have electrical issues LOL.

I just am worried that I will loose all BTC as with my luck I will screw something up.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
How do I interpret whattomine.com's list?  I really only want to exchange for BTC right now so I can convert to fiat.  Would I just mine the top coin or go by the Profitability percentages and pick say the highest for the 3 day average?  Would you think it would be best to mine as much as I can for a week then exchange if the price is ok, or just mine and exchange as quickly as I can?

well  depends on how many rigs you have  if you have 5 three card 1080 ti rigs.   you can point four to the top coin and 1 to the second coin.

then check it every 4 to 6 hours deciding to shift or stand pat.

if you have 1 big 8-12 card rig  and nothing else  you fucked yourself  for easy decisions to switch or not.

For me I am all zec to btc  15x 1080 ti's and 1x 1070

and I convert zec to btc to cash

I also have 50th in btc asic miners which i convert to cash.

I have decided to hold a little  but mostly convert to cash.

Also I no longer worry about perfection

https://new.nicehash.com/miner/16yLHLoeyuCLPMXkVpC3gyrRYvwRGwjKJr  say 500-600 a month

https://new.nicehash.com/miner/1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje   say  1000 - 1100 a month

50 th in btc say 1900 a month

this is 3600 a month  I do not worry if it is 3300  or 4000  by better picking  it is less stress.

I also do not rush expansion.   since buysolar and i will be expanding  from 9-13kwatts to 36-52kwatts

in the next 9-12 months  will will slowly add gear from profits.
Activity: 77
How do I interpret whattomine.com's list?  I really only want to exchange for BTC right now so I can convert to fiat.  Would I just mine the top coin or go by the Profitability percentages and pick say the highest for the 3 day average?  Would you think it would be best to mine as much as I can for a week then exchange if the price is ok, or just mine and exchange as quickly as I can?
legendary
Oh dear.

well  a few simple questions

do you have a lot coming? coins are worth more the 500 usd a coin
do you know how to check for it? there are bcc/bch blockchains to check what you have coming to you.
SVK
Activity: 378
Oh dear.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
to all those trading  it is not mining so watch for   traps

A big trap  is the exchange fails.

So  try to keep  funds  in exchanges  at a proper ratio  to your full holdings.

I feel having 90% worth of coins  in  real wallets you control  and 10% worth of coins in an exchange  works for me

No one  should have

50% in wallet
 50% in exchange  ratio.    please be careful with your coins

I recently lost a 2 BTC opportunity because Bitrex BTC wallet was under maintenance...

hardly an exchange failure like what Phil mentioned above, but a simple wallet maintenance will stop you in your tracks

Yes, even big reputable exchange like Bitrex will have its dog days

80% of my alt coins are in Bitrex, and some of their qt wallets.

Very small BTC in exchanges

Almost ALL of my BTC, ETH, DASH, LTC are in Trezor.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

for gpu's  may make our gpu's be more valuable.

Interesting,.,,,, need to prepare a few more dozen 1080ti or this BTG

if yet another fork comes out..... Bitcoin Silver minable by Scrypt miners LOL... like LTC
legendary

for gpu's  may make our gpu's be more valuable.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392
Be a bank
Breaking News:

According to BitcoinMeister the next friendly BTC fork is on the way called Bitcoin Gold.
Video info here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAukxlpwyHg

GPU mined bitcoin fork with POW change to GPU originating from China.
Competitor to BCH and maybe Etherium later.

Sold my BCH for a nice 17.2% dividend that was an easy call. This one might be a harder call. Could pull some interest away from ethereum once ethereum goes proof of stake.

Team behind the bitcoin gold project will implement replay protection and are pro core according to the video which is interesting.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Quick question boys. Does a 1x raiser work on a 16x? i mean all my 1x slots are used on my MB, so my question is: Does a 1x raiser fit and work on a 16x slot?

Yes, it works.
Activity: 518
Quick question boys. Does a 1x raiser work on a 16x? i mean all my 1x slots are used on my MB, so my question is: Does a 1x raiser fit and work on a 16x slot?
legendary
Hey philipma1957, I always read your topics and I really like and follow a lot of things you said until now, and I want to thank you because I'm in profit
I have a small rig ( 2GTX 1070 and a 1060), I'm just looking to buy to 4th card to complete my rig

You are in the cryptos for a long time and my doubt is: Every end of the year (Nov Dec), is it true that people capitalize the money, in fiat currency and the market goes down for a month o two, because the holidays etc?
I'm trying to make a plan here
My rig is small but I'm investing some money directly to the coins too

Thank you

Very General rules below

USA people like myself  tend to sell off in Jan not Nov or Dec.

If I sell 10,000 in coin  for a 8,000 profit in Nov. or Dec.  2017

When I file for taxes in April 2018  I will owe tax on the 8000 and have to pay it no later then April 2018

If sell 10,000 in coin  for 8,000 in Jan 2018  When I file for taxes in April 2018  I am filing for the year 2017

Since I sold the coin in Jan 2018  I do have to pay by the time  I file in  April 2019

So USA guys sell off in January  Not Nov or Dec.

Correct me if I am wrong but for tax purposes, it doesn't really matter when you trade, its when you withdraw the money.  For example if I mine a bunch of altcoins and convert them to bitcoin and move them into my gemini wallet, Gemini has no insight or clue how I got it.  All it knows is that it received a bunch of bitcoin. 

The question you ask is so hard to answer I won't .

But if you are USA based and the exchange is USA based in theory every trade made in the exchange could be reported to fed gov to determine your profits trading.

And as of now you need to be aware that the trades are not invisible to authorities .

But enforcement is very spotty .
I don't trade much as the rules for USA players  are not defined clearly enough for me to make a plan to follow.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
Hey philipma1957, I always read your topics and I really like and follow a lot of things you said until now, and I want to thank you because I'm in profit
I have a small rig ( 2GTX 1070 and a 1060), I'm just looking to buy to 4th card to complete my rig

You are in the cryptos for a long time and my doubt is: Every end of the year (Nov Dec), is it true that people capitalize the money, in fiat currency and the market goes down for a month o two, because the holidays etc?
I'm trying to make a plan here
My rig is small but I'm investing some money directly to the coins too

Thank you

Very General rules below

USA people like myself  tend to sell off in Jan not Nov or Dec.

If I sell 10,000 in coin  for a 8,000 profit in Nov. or Dec.  2017

When I file for taxes in April 2018  I will owe tax on the 8000 and have to pay it no later then April 2018

If sell 10,000 in coin  for 8,000 in Jan 2018  When I file for taxes in April 2018  I am filing for the year 2017

Since I sold the coin in Jan 2018  I do have to pay by the time  I file in  April 2019

So USA guys sell off in January  Not Nov or Dec.

Correct me if I am wrong but for tax purposes, it doesn't really matter when you trade, its when you withdraw the money.  For example if I mine a bunch of altcoins and convert them to bitcoin and move them into my gemini wallet, Gemini has no insight or clue how I got it.  All it knows is that it received a bunch of bitcoin. 
legendary
@TheYankees

that psu  for that price is amazing

2 of them come to under  215 after ebucks

you can run  an s-9 or an avalon 741 using 2 of them.

but they shine on my 3 card riser free 1080 ti builds

Oh I sold some coin today at 4560 usd it was hard to resist selling some.
Activity: 462
Merit: 300

Phil   thanks for link  on the rosewill quark

$114.99  for a 850 watt  platinum  psu is good.

and ebay has 8%  ebucks so that psu is under $106 usd !

Evga and server is pretty good but. You failed to let me pick. Rose will quark 850 watt platinum truly a good psu for my riser free three card nvidia 1080 ti builds,

I can get a rosewill quark 850 watt on sale for as low as 120 usd

my bad on sale from newegg on ebay at 114.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rosewill-Quark-Series-850W-Full-Modular-Gaming-Power-Supply-with-LED-Indicator-/291426924760?
legendary
to all those trading  it is not mining so watch for   traps

A big trap  is the exchange fails.

So  try to keep  funds  in exchanges  at a proper ratio  to your full holdings.

I feel having 90% worth of coins  in  real wallets you control  and 10% worth of coins in an exchange  works for me

No one  should have

50% in wallet
 50% in exchange  ratio.    please be careful with your coins
Activity: 4
Those talking about gunbot, has anyone heard or used/use zenbot? Appears to be free and open source. They released version 4 recently and seems like the dev has continued working on it for a while now. I like that it has the simulation option to test your settings in a non-live environment. Anyone use it and care to share their experience and best settings?
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
hey philipma1957 - may I check with you, if you had a choice between building a rig and buying with the same funds a portfolio of top 10 currencies. What would you choose?
thanks

If I could have  10000 usd  of gear or coins

in my case  I would want  some bitmain L3+ ltc miners and some avalon 741 btc  miners.

not that I don't like  gpu's  but  I am gpu heavy  and need some asics like the avalon 741  and the bitmain L3+

maybe 7 avalon 741's  and 2 L3+

My ratios are

gpu's  15x 1080 ti's ------------------  I include psu's mobos etc  10k
s-9's    3x -----------------------------------------------------------   3k
r-4       1x -----------------------------------------------------------   1k
721      3x -----------------------------------------------------------   2k
741      1x -----------------------------------------------------------   1k
cash     6k ----------------------------------------------------------    6k
coins     btc, bcc ----------------------------------------------------    7k
debt        ------------------------------------------------------------    0

so about 30k  no debt  all profit

I feel I am heavy in gpus and lite on asic gear

Yes, balanced mining portfolio is key to long term profitability - my group is about 60% Asics ATM in all three main algos - SHA256, X11 and Scrypt.

Get them L3+ , when you can, buy direct from Bitmain -- the resellers are selling them for up to 3x premium.

Yes, my group has L3+ running for about 2 weeks now.... its looking good - I expect ROI very fast (about 40-45 days).

The L3+ joined the existing A4s Scrypt farm, and they make more money currently being rented out (Nicehash).

LTC has made a good pop above $60, I am tracking this closely but my group's policy is ROI first before coin accumulation and long position, so it will stay selling hash for now.
Pages:
Jump to: