Pages:
Author

Topic: First BFL ASIC! - page 12. (Read 58260 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
April 03, 2013, 06:45:27 PM
LOL it's 100% of a 25GH/s Mini Rig (FPGA)  Wink

Would it be possible to take an IR photo of the device hashing? Most IR cameras I have used have PIP or SBS with standard digital cameras. You could quickly dispel this rumor by taking an IR photo with the same setup in the picture (showing hashrate).

I'd like to see a video of it mining, showing first the usb lead being connected at both ends, and the mining program being started from scratch.

Ohhh a real wild ASIC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeen7AJA-o
No fake or is it?

Would you believe this if they do this given their history?
Activity: 490
April 03, 2013, 06:40:47 PM

Would it be possible to take an IR photo of the device hashing? Most IR cameras I have used have PIP or SBS with standard digital cameras. You could quickly dispel this rumor by taking an IR photo with the same setup in the picture (showing hashrate).

I'd like to see a video of it mining, showing first the usb lead being connected at both ends, and the mining program being started from scratch.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
April 03, 2013, 06:36:05 PM
I think the whole discussion is bollocks.

Shipped means shipped to customers. This product is not finished.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner
April 03, 2013, 06:26:26 PM
Luke:   When do you expect to get the unit?   Wouldn't it be easier if you had it there to tinker with?   Do you have to call them each time you need to cycle something?   I would think they should just ship it to you?
April 03, 2013, 06:26:01 PM
Although... I'd have expected a competent judge to contact me and ask my opinion on whether the device is capable of the 27 Gh/s required, in case my current results were the result of software issues. But it's immaterial, since as best as I can tell so far, I'm getting the most performance out of it that it can handle.

75% of 40 GH/s is 30 GH/s. The device didn't come close to the required speed for the bet. The bet was clearly won.

It was a 30GH unit (Little SC),not the 40 or 60GH unit..............................

Does this make this any better? Was the little SC even included in the bet? Common opinion is that this is not the case?!
Well, I'm not sure anyone confirmed how many chips were in it either.  If they were running a full 8 chips @ 25GH/s, then it doesn't come close to 75%.

Sad thing with their information politics we will never know .... Speculating is all we have :/
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
April 03, 2013, 06:22:05 PM
Although... I'd have expected a competent judge to contact me and ask my opinion on whether the device is capable of the 27 Gh/s required, in case my current results were the result of software issues. But it's immaterial, since as best as I can tell so far, I'm getting the most performance out of it that it can handle.

75% of 40 GH/s is 30 GH/s. The device didn't come close to the required speed for the bet. The bet was clearly won.

It was a 30GH unit (Little SC),not the 40 or 60GH unit..............................

Does this make this any better? Was the little SC even included in the bet? Common opinion is that this is not the case?!
Well, I'm not sure anyone confirmed how many chips were in it either.  If they were running a full 8 chips @ 25GH/s, then it doesn't come close to 75%.
Activity: 560
April 03, 2013, 06:20:40 PM

April 03, 2013, 06:06:15 PM

Activity: 490
April 03, 2013, 05:56:59 PM

LittleSC was not mentioned in the bet or announced when the bet was created.

3 products were mentioned in the yahoo artical libked from the bet.

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
April 03, 2013, 05:26:04 PM

LittleSC was not mentioned in the bet or announced when the bet was created.

3 products were mentioned in the yahoo artical libked from the bet.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
felonious vagrancy, personified
April 03, 2013, 05:15:40 PM
a fucking draw?! wow...thats sad.

And this is why betsofbitcoin is a total joke.

Every time their website's name is used in the same sentence as the phrase "prediction market" baby jesus cries.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
April 03, 2013, 05:11:30 PM

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
April 03, 2013, 05:06:09 PM

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
April 03, 2013, 03:16:42 PM
Won the bitbet bet for those who bet on that,
sorry for those who bet on bestofbitcoin  Tongue

Am I reading this correctly? Two different sites with the same bet, but one awards and the other declares a draw?
The bitbet one was clearly won by those betting against BFL. It only allowed +/- 10% of hashrate, which BFL has failed to meet so far.

Thank you Luke-Jr.   I am surprised that you did not get contacted.  
April 03, 2013, 03:15:51 PM

Am I reading this correctly? Two different sites with the same bet, but one awards and the other declares a draw?
The bitbet one was clearly won by those betting against BFL. It only allowed +/- 10% of hashrate, which BFL has failed to meet so far.

How about making a good introduction post like you should have done in the first place?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
April 03, 2013, 03:07:30 PM

So you consider this as "BFL is shipping"?

Come one, there are customers that invested a lot of money and the only thing they got so far are stupid excuses and delay after delay.

This is outrageous,
tbd
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
April 03, 2013, 02:56:29 PM

As devices were not delivered to customers, the hash rate is moot.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
April 03, 2013, 02:44:44 PM

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
April 03, 2013, 02:36:39 PM

The betsofbitco.in bet seems to have been TOO specific.
tbd
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
April 03, 2013, 02:35:04 PM

BFL will deliver ASIC devices before April 1st

Butterfly Labs aka BFL will deliver ASIC Bitcoin mining devices to their customers before 1st of April 2013. Devices must be in scope of +-10% of advertised performance in order to be accepted as valid.

Bet outcome: No

http://bitbet.us/bet/265/bfl-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-april-1st/
Pages:
Jump to: