Pages:
Author

Topic: First BFL ASIC! - page 13. (Read 58260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 03, 2013, 01:55:00 PM
Won the bitbet bet for those who bet on that,
sorry for those who bet on bestofbitcoin  Tongue

Am I reading this correctly? Two different sites with the same bet, but one awards and the other declares a draw?
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
April 03, 2013, 01:50:20 PM
Won the bitbet bet for those who bet on that,
sorry for those who bet on bestofbitcoin  Tongue
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
April 03, 2013, 12:39:36 PM

(Argh! someone beat me to it)

Is nobody even suspicious about the 25MH/s mining number?

THAT'S WHAT A FPGA MINI RIG PRODUCES!

Could the photo be fake, and what's mining for Luke Jr is really a FPGA Mini Ring?  Wink

The object in the picture is NOT hashing at 176w.

Its imposible to dissipate that much heat through one of those heatsinks without getting 100*C + chip temps.

look at Avalon. They run slightly less efficient with huge heatsinks.

Give me the specs on the heatsink and I'll find the steady state values.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
April 03, 2013, 12:38:49 PM
I personally asked BoB to reconsider this decision.   I think this will haunt them for a long time.   Draw is not the answer.   A free bet is not a bet.

Is it true that a betting fee was charged on this, or is that just a rumor?   I didn't not take place so I don't know.

D

legendary
April 03, 2013, 12:33:57 PM
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status-3.html

I want to clarify the above post, as there is some potential confusion. We are not shipping yet. We plan on shipping possibly by the end of next week, but I will update on a shipping schedule as soon as I have more definitive information with regards to that.

Yet, a draw!

Granted, there was evidence for both sides, but weighed heavily on the true side, and was all ignored.
legendary
April 03, 2013, 12:19:53 PM
Since the people who bet against BFL shipping clearly won - the Luke_JR posts are obviously ridiculous to any third party observer - the losers had a financial incentive to pay betsofbitco.in for calling draw and getting most of their money back.

If anyone on the losing side did indeed slip BoB a bribe to rule a draw, I'd certainly change my tune about BoB's conduct (also, as noted elsewhere, if anyone at BoB had any coins invested in that bet). But we haven't seen any evidence of this. What I think IS on much firmer ground is the supposition that Luke is colluding with Josh to manipulate the bet situation.

I've already proven that the images were taken prior to midnight (CST) by Josh and Luke stated this thread after midnight (CST), hence a call was made from Josh to Luke.
legendary
April 03, 2013, 12:15:24 PM
USA takes a dim view of online gambling sites that do not pay out to US Citizens..

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/02/news/companies/poker-ponzi/index.htm

A bitcoin is no different to a poker chip and you have people/family involved in this bet with previous criminal record for international lottery scam. Surely gonna interest the FBI, you'd be better paying out, than stirring up a hornets nest. Wink

There sure is a lot of betting going on from a company who has a key person in control on probation that in no way should be involved in such a practice.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
April 03, 2013, 12:02:11 PM

(Argh! someone beat me to it)

Is nobody even suspicious about the 25MH/s mining number?

THAT'S WHAT A FPGA MINI RIG PRODUCES!

Could the photo be fake, and what's mining for Luke Jr is really a FPGA Mini Ring?  Wink
Activity: 761
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
April 03, 2013, 11:39:06 AM
BFL has been playing us all for fools. Pre-order customers and BoB betters alike. Welcome to the club!
donator
Activity: 543
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
April 03, 2013, 11:10:41 AM
If any developers are interesting in creating a competing prediction market please PM.  I have found a framework.   My system will take the title and the primary statement, then the content and secondary conditions (as needed)

D
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
April 03, 2013, 11:00:40 AM

Still waiting for an answer from you.  Unless you can can honestly answer "no", the bet outcome is also true due to the "cannot be a BFL empolyee" point.

He tries not to lie, and to answer truthfully he would have to admit being paid, so he won't answer you.

He is being paid $250/day. BFL is running a prototype and pointing the miner output to Luke-jr's wallet. You can watch the stats posting bitcoins to his wallet at:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1CdcYVP4T4hjHwt353pEnGHrigeDLvuvZL

Activity: 256
Risk-hedging platform for cryptocurrency investors
April 03, 2013, 10:52:06 AM
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
April 03, 2013, 10:40:53 AM
I have it hashing away 24/7 except for when I stop/restart/debug BFGMiner to try to optimize it better.

At what location is the device?

Luke-Jr, since you avoided the question I take that as confirmation that the device in question is at BFL's shop. BFL did not ship anything.
Activity: 784
April 03, 2013, 10:07:16 AM
I believe this huge amount of talk about the first device delivery because few people put some bobs on the table... That is fine... (if you like gambling...) But at this point i feel somebody try to cheat... (last minute video with a test board...)

Although, this is 3rd of April. Over the Easter holidays... and still... I can't see any official announcement from BFL about the shipment. As far I am considered that product what was shipped / not shipped is a test board for a developer (paid or not paid by BFL that's an other question).

Couldn't find any proud video / picture / post from BFL where we could see the ASIC mining continuously. That video what was uploaded was not the final product, it was not in the box what will be used to ship products to users, it was on the same test desk what we saw earlier, etc. At least i hope my ASIC rig will be nicely packaged. That is an other question when it will happen (in April or in December...).

BFL/Josh, when will you receive the new PCB? When will you have the final product ready and start to ship to users? (talking about real delivery not about the shipping of the developer units)

I am afraid to ask for any compensation for this huge delay (I am talking about promised first delivery in October). Every day is a huge loss for your customers who put faith in you and supported this development with their money!

From the ASIC Update thread:
28 March 2013 - Mini-Update

I had wanted to post a video tonight, but wasn't able to make that happen, so let me apologize for that in advance. As some of you may know from the chatbox, we have been working diligently to get these ASICs out the door. We've been tracking down a power issue these last few days and have it isolated to a few key systems. In the interest of time, we are planning on potentially scaling back units hashing speed as required to accommodate the extra power and shipping multiple units to those that want their units right now. If would would prefer to wait for a unit after we've made some changes to the systems that need a bit of tweaking, we will be happy to put your shipment on hold. However, if you'd rather have the units right now at an increased power usage, we will ship you as many units as required to get you to the hashrate your purchased, if we end up having to scale back any given class of unit to fit within the power envelope of the current board design.

We have the current design hashing, and as I said, I had hoped to have a video of a unit hashing here in KC, but I wasn't able to bring that all together tonight, but hopefully I can get it posted up tomorrow or by this weekend. I will update as soon as I have more news to share, with a video.

If you absolutely do not want a unit that is consuming more power than expected, you can let us know you'd like to wait for a revised unit or you are welcome to request a refund. If you'd rather have your units shipped regardless of increased power usage, we will still guarantee your hashrate by shipping you however many units are required to achieve your purchased hashrate. There is no need to contact us right now if you are not concerned about the power usage and just want your units shipped ASAP. Even with the increased power demand on these first units, they will still out perform any competing products by a very wide margin in terms of power and megahash/J.

Again, we apologize for the delay, but we are almost there.

Second:
I want to clarify the above post, as there is some potential confusion. We are not shipping yet. We plan on shipping possibly by the end of next week, but I will update on a shipping schedule as soon as I have more definitive information with regards to that.

Weaseling out of missed specs and so on Wink
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
April 03, 2013, 10:02:08 AM
Couldn't find any proud video / picture / post from BFL where we could see the ASIC mining continuously.
You can view the hashing progress of any miner in the Eligius mining pool, including that device. And provided that wizkid's statistics don't lie (they certainly don't lie about my own 5850 working at 340 Mhash/s)...

...then Luke-Jr's ASIC been working at a steady 25 GHash/s speed for 2 days now. The stats are public:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1CdcYVP4T4hjHwt353pEnGHrigeDLvuvZL

...as for all the other issues, I would also like to know more about how things are going, and I understand that waiting for half a year to reach this point must be quite frustrating.
Activity: 256
Risk-hedging platform for cryptocurrency investors
April 03, 2013, 09:56:09 AM
I believe this huge amount of talk about the first device delivery because few people put some bobs on the table... That is fine... (if you like gambling...) But at this point i feel somebody try to cheat... (last minute video with a test board...)

Although, this is 3rd of April. Over the Easter holidays... and still... I can't see any official announcement from BFL about the shipment. As far I am considered that product what was shipped / not shipped is a test board for a developer (paid or not paid by BFL that's an other question).

Couldn't find any proud video / picture / post from BFL where we could see the ASIC mining continuously. That video what was uploaded was not the final product, it was not in the box what will be used to ship products to users, it was on the same test desk what we saw earlier, etc. At least i hope my ASIC rig will be nicely packaged. That is an other question when it will happen (in April or in December...).

BFL/Josh, when will you receive the new PCB? When will you have the final product ready and start to ship to users? (talking about real delivery not about the shipping of the developer units)

I am afraid to ask for any compensation for this huge delay (I am talking about promised first delivery in October). Every day is a huge loss for your customers who put faith in you and supported this development with their money!
Activity: 728
April 03, 2013, 08:54:29 AM
If anyone on the losing side did indeed slip BoB a bribe to rule a draw, I'd certainly change my tune about BoB's conduct (also, as noted elsewhere, if anyone at BoB had any coins invested in that bet). But we haven't seen any evidence of this.
The ruling itself is circumstantial evidence of corruption, because it does not make sense without a corrupt motive. Finding the actual payment, be it on the blockchain, in cash, in kind, etc. or to extract an admission would require actual serious investigation (search and seizure, wire taps, following the money through the bank system and the block chain).
What I think IS on much firmer ground is the supposition that Luke is colluding with Josh to manipulate the bet situation.
Well that's pretty obvious, as fraud goes it's so obvious and posted on April 1st that they might even try to claim it was a joke, but it still doesn't explain on its own why Luke's posts should lead betsofbitco.in to cancel the bet.

http://bitbet.us/bet/307/bfl-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-july-1st/

BFL_Josh

Hope you enjoyed our April Fool's joke this morning. We will still deliver by July 1st though. The power requirements are double and the hash rate is is half. So basically we are 4x our original power specs. Don't worry. We will have it figured out by July!

Is that some troll or are they really that stupid...
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
April 03, 2013, 08:49:40 AM
You missed to touch on the part where betsofbitco.in turned out to be a crappy bet website, now being abandoned by a greater part of the bitcointalk community.

Is BitBet.us the next alternative?

No shit.

I used to give BoB lots of business.  Hundreds of BTC worth.

After this stunt, I won't be giving them one more Satoshi.

I doubt BitBet.us would have pulled something like this.

BoB can eat a whole bag.

Tried BoB and bitbet.us and It's bitbet.us all the way for me... Rapid, reliable payout and good decisions on tricky calls.
Activity: 126
April 03, 2013, 08:47:00 AM
If anyone on the losing side did indeed slip BoB a bribe to rule a draw, I'd certainly change my tune about BoB's conduct (also, as noted elsewhere, if anyone at BoB had any coins invested in that bet). But we haven't seen any evidence of this.
The ruling itself is circumstantial evidence of corruption, because it does not make sense without a corrupt motive. Finding the actual payment, be it on the blockchain, in cash, in kind, etc. or to extract an admission would require actual serious investigation (search and seizure, wire taps, following the money through the bank system and the block chain).
What I think IS on much firmer ground is the supposition that Luke is colluding with Josh to manipulate the bet situation.
Well that's pretty obvious, as fraud goes it's so obvious and posted on April 1st that they might even try to claim it was a joke, but it still doesn't explain on its own why Luke's posts should lead betsofbitco.in to cancel the bet.
Pages:
Jump to: