Pages:
Author

Topic: First BFL ASIC! - page 14. (Read 58260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
April 03, 2013, 08:37:33 AM
I have no skin in this game, but what disturbs me is that BFL, Josh and Lukejr would appear to be actively working to manipulate a fucking bet...

Win lose or drawn this all makes BFL look like slimy pricks and Lukejr a BFL shill/fanboy/nuthugger, IN MY OPINION!  You clowns really played this PR move all wrong but that is definitely no surprise when the corporate public face acts like Josh does.

BoB you took the easy way out buy declaring a draw, I thought it was pretty clear the bet was won (BFL did not ship) and BFL was actively manipulating the bet to cast just enough doubt.  "Spirit" of the contest should never be over looked, its used to keep contests fair and ethical.
Activity: 492
Merit: 500
April 03, 2013, 08:28:40 AM
Since the people who bet against BFL shipping clearly won - the Luke_JR posts are obviously ridiculous to any third party observer - the losers had a financial incentive to pay betsofbitco.in for calling draw and getting most of their money back.

If anyone on the losing side did indeed slip BoB a bribe to rule a draw, I'd certainly change my tune about BoB's conduct (also, as noted elsewhere, if anyone at BoB had any coins invested in that bet). But we haven't seen any evidence of this. What I think IS on much firmer ground is the supposition that Luke is colluding with Josh to manipulate the bet situation.
Activity: 490
April 03, 2013, 08:19:12 AM
USA takes a dim view of online gambling sites that do not pay out to US Citizens..

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/02/news/companies/poker-ponzi/index.htm

A bitcoin is no different to a poker chip and you have people/family involved in this bet with previous criminal record for international lottery scam. Surely gonna interest the FBI, you'd be better paying out, than stirring up a hornets nest. Wink
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
April 03, 2013, 08:04:53 AM
BTW, I started out that semi-long post I made a few minutes ago with the intention of presenting arguments for both sides.
I was surprised that I couldn't come up with any good arguments for the post-April betters... but it is what it is.
Try reading the title of the bet and see if you may figure any "intent" of what people might be actually betting on.  When I do that, it talks about a product "shipping".
The title seems to suggest an intent of referring to the product being with customers - that's usually what "shipping" refers to.
If the title were on its own, I would agree completely with the post-April position.
However, the details specifically elaborate on the definition of the bet, and that definition seems to have been met.

Wrong.  Pictures were posted on April 1.  The bet terms clearly say they must be *POSTED BEFORE APRIL*.

Correct bet outcome is true.

Are you being compensated by BFL in any way for your development efforts or making these statements?
I am making these statements of my own accord. BFL has not even suggested I make them, nor mentioned any bets to me other than Josh's seppuku thing.

Way to dodge the question.

So you never answered.

Are you being compensated by BFL in any way for your development efforts?

Still waiting for an answer from you.  Unless you can can honestly answer "no", the bet outcome is also true due to the "cannot be a BFL empolyee" point.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
April 03, 2013, 07:58:06 AM
And Luke-JR: your "as of yesterday" in OP + some of your comments in this thread makes me think that you are colluding with BFL to try to manipulate the outcome of a stupid bet.

It's incredible to me that both BFL or you might be loosing your time on this senseless shit.

Luke, I had a deep respect for what you do, now I feel like I'm hallucinating.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
April 03, 2013, 07:54:02 AM
I did not gamble on this.

But saying that OP is proof that BFL shipped their product is just a huge pile of BS.

What a shame.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
April 03, 2013, 07:48:10 AM
It's not stealing. Everyone who put money in has got their money back. If you bet 15BTC and were expecting (say) 16BTC, the 1BTC has not been stolen. It isn't in BoB's pocket, it's back where it started before the bet. One thing is, if BoB didn't refund the charge to whoever authored the bet, that's bad and they should definitely do that.

I guess it all depends how much of a gambling problem you have.  Tongue
Even if he refunds the stakes without the fees, it is scamming.

It's a bit like a lottery scam, where you sell tickets, publicly draw numbers, and instead of paying the winner the grand prize, you just refund his ticket. "Sorry mate, your numbers add up to an even number - we don't pay out the grand prize to uneven numbers because it's bad luck and would bring the punishment of the gods - here's your stake back now go away."

Since the people who bet against BFL shipping clearly won - the Luke_JR posts are obviously ridiculous to any third party observer - the losers had a financial incentive to pay betsofbitco.in for calling draw and getting most of their money back.

It would have been a different situation altogether if there had been some reasonable argument over whether BFL has shipped or not.

I had no stake in the bet.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
April 03, 2013, 07:46:44 AM
You missed to touch on the part where betsofbitco.in turned out to be a crappy bet website, now being abandoned by a greater part of the bitcointalk community.

Is BitBet.us the next alternative?

No shit.

I used to give BoB lots of business.  Hundreds of BTC worth.

After this stunt, I won't be giving them one more Satoshi.

I doubt BitBet.us would have pulled something like this.

BoB can eat a whole bag.

This was a pretty interesting bet at the end.  Defiantly got my winnings worth.

How could you have when they welched on the bet and did not pay out any winnings?
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
April 03, 2013, 06:00:41 AM
It says enough when all you have is ad hominem and no logical arguments.
I'm not voting on the BoB debacle, but I just have to quote that comment from the scum bag who doesn't back up his regular accusations.
April 03, 2013, 05:16:07 AM
nathanrees19 already downplayed the scammer thread, saying a draw isn't that bad.

to me, it's nothing short of stealing.  How do the rest of you feel about it?  I'm "betting" nathanrees19, the long time BFL shill, is once again in the minority on this point.

I've already stated my position earlier in the thread - namely, whilst I stood to win on that bet like everyone else who thinks BFL is incompetent, I'm not getting the pitchfork out for BoB's decision. I'd have preferred a win, but for me a draw is acceptable given the fuzzy aspects of the bet and the shady way the content and circumstances of the OP make it (IMHO) a borderline case.

It's not stealing. Everyone who put money in has got their money back. If you bet 15BTC and were expecting (say) 16BTC, the 1BTC has not been stolen. It isn't in BoB's pocket, it's back where it started before the bet. One thing is, if BoB didn't refund the charge to whoever authored the bet, that's bad and they should definitely do that.

I guess it all depends how much of a gambling problem you have.  Tongue
Activity: 196
April 03, 2013, 04:50:54 AM
I'm "betting" nathanrees19, the long time BFL shill, is once again in the minority on this point.

I don't see your point. The non-religious are a minority in the US yet they're the only ones holding an intellectually valid position.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
April 03, 2013, 04:33:08 AM
can we propose a scammer tag for coinjedi? His website clearly stated if they ship?

please, +1 the scammer thread everyone.  Show coinjedi and theymos how scammy you think this is.  The more individuals that +1 it the louder it becomes.

nathanrees19 already downplayed the scammer thread, saying a draw isn't that bad.

to me, it's nothing short of stealing.  How do the rest of you feel about it?  I'm "betting" nathanrees19, the long time BFL shill, is once again in the minority on this point.
Activity: 196
April 03, 2013, 04:05:55 AM
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
April 03, 2013, 04:01:40 AM
Shame on bitsofbetcoin!

This is ridiculous.
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Cryptopreneur
April 03, 2013, 03:24:50 AM
I must say shameful actions by all 3 conspirators. Congratulations on keeping bitcoin down.
Activity: 448
April 03, 2013, 03:02:45 AM
can we propose a scammer tag for coinjedi? His website clearly stated if they ship?

Activity: 448
April 03, 2013, 02:58:21 AM
wtf a draw? are you serious?
April 03, 2013, 02:24:43 AM
good point.   now we have josh and luke-jr's word on this.   I just wish sonny would weigh in.

Hah!  Grin That is one nicely done burn.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 03, 2013, 02:01:47 AM
Somebody deleted a post somewhere before 381.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1009
SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL
April 03, 2013, 01:56:53 AM
It does not seem difficult to understand that BFL has not shipped anything and that the power was less than the stated amount. But that shit is this? Crazy.
Someone had to lose interest in the bet. It 'obvious.
Do you know if the decision of the site or the person who created the bet?
Pages:
Jump to: