Pages:
Author

Topic: FLY COIN ANN.Swapping to "Las Vegas"coin,+Masternodes,Darksend,Stealth, instantX - page 87. (Read 186171 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Cryptopia generated an address which is significantly longer compared to the previous ones. Is this something expected?

Yes your new address with look completely different on Cryptopia. This is expected. I did a withdrawal and can confirm I received my funds from Cryptopia.

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
No risk, no fun!
Cryptopia generated an address which is significantly longer compared to the previous ones. Is this something expected?

Yes. This is right!

Greetz
Steve
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
Great job y'all, keep it up!

I happily jump through so many hoops in crypto that an occasional wallet exe update (that takes 18 seconds) is no big deal at all.

Keep up the good work!

In a scene full of cons and crooks, it's not very often that you experience such transparency and consistency in a coin's team. I'm stoked to be here!

Well said, and appreciated.   The glass IS half full, not half empty!  Smiley
legendary
Its true, Cryptopia has put up with many wallets we have sent them that havnt worked, and the fault has always been on our end. Thats why we are there, because we like them, and no one else would put up with this crap.

Anyway: EXCHANGE BACK ONLINE!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember though, like Griffith said: NEW ADDRESSES ON THE EXCHANGE  WILL BE NEEDED. SIMPLY GO TO THE EXCHANGE AND CLICK "GENERATE ADDRESS". DO NOT SEND COINS TO YOUR OLD ADDRESS ON EXCHANGE, GENERATE A NEW ONE FIRST!!!

Vegas
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Great job y'all, keep it up!

I happily jump through so many hoops in crypto that an occasional wallet exe update (that takes 18 seconds) is no big deal at all.

Keep up the good work!

In a scene full of cons and crooks, it's not very often that you experience such transparency and consistency in a coin's team. I'm stoked to be here!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I'm not trying to tell anyone to fuck off, I'd rather get the problem sorted and the wallets running and users doing what they were doing, that's easier than delisting a coin and then relisting it later. I just want to make the point that we didn't create these problems, and we've been in communication with vegasguy trying to get things up and running again.

When we get support tickets placing the blame on us like somehow we're taking too long to get the wallet back online, and then coming to this thread and seeing that the implication is that it's our problems and we're the delay when the reality is everything was working, and then you made network changes and things weren't working and we're actually trying to be a helpful as we can.

i hate how tone is lost over the internet. i facepalmed sooo hard when i saw that i messed up a zero index and accidentally did 64 not 65. you were totally right. i am sorry i messed that digit up. so read that message in a lol u wut m8 kind of way.

@the people of the thread, it was never cryptopias fault if they took the wallet offline. they have been pretty quick to communicate one way or the other. rpc delays were my fault. not them.

either vegas guy or hex will post something about how the transition for old addresses on the exchange which will NOT BE USED anymore. NEW ADDRESSES WILL BE NEEDED FOR EVERYONE ON THE EXCHANGE will go. probably more on that later. but please DO NOT SEND TO YOUR OLD EXCHANGE ADDRESS EVER AGAIN
Activity: 176
Merit: 102
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz
I'm not trying to tell anyone to fuck off, I'd rather get the problem sorted and the wallets running and users doing what they were doing, that's easier than delisting a coin and then relisting it later. I just want to make the point that we didn't create these problems, and we've been in communication with vegasguy trying to get things up and running again.

When we get support tickets placing the blame on us like somehow we're taking too long to get the wallet back online, and then coming to this thread and seeing that the implication is that it's our problems and we're the delay when the reality is everything was working, and then you made network changes and things weren't working and we're actually trying to be a helpful as we can.
legendary
Ok so we are trying crazy stuff here, and these things will happen. Remember , its crypto, so we are not right in the first place. Hex has a corrected source , and we have a new binary. Just overwrite .exe

www.bitcoinlasvegas.net/files/FlyCoin-qt.exe

Vegas
legendary
You know what hex, i give you permission to tell me to fuck off on this one.

i didnt catch the error with key compression. btw the error only happens on compressed keys, it took me 3 tries to recreate your error.

and its because arrays are 0 indexed and i forgot. so i was checking for size 64 for compression not 65. my bad. indexs 0-64 means there are 65 total not 64.

literally a 1 character fix. there you go.

i do know what im doing, just sometimes shit like that doesnt register and it looks fine.
legendary
signrawtransaction - doesnt work. i have never met anyone who used it ligitimately. and 99% of people in crypto dont know what it even does. so again, its not a high priority on the fix list.

(create/sign/broadcast)rawtransaction can be used for multiple legitimate purposes, the two big ones I can think of would be multi signature transactions, or for operating offline cold wallets.

Although it is probably true that the majority of people using alt-coins do not know what it does or use them, there are plenty of uses for it.

i should restate that. it doesnt work for exchange addresses. only for regular ones. but good point. i could do a command fix for exchange addresses
legendary
Activity: 2087
Merit: 1015
signrawtransaction - doesnt work. i have never met anyone who used it ligitimately. and 99% of people in crypto dont know what it even does. so again, its not a high priority on the fix list.

(create/sign/broadcast)rawtransaction can be used for multiple legitimate purposes, the two big ones I can think of would be multi signature transactions, or for operating offline cold wallets.

Although it is probably true that the majority of people using alt-coins do not know what it does or use them, there are plenty of uses for it.
legendary
Speaking of which, it's still not working, are you sure you tested it this time? We could stop being helpful, we could delist the coin until you get it sorted. It'll be fine, most people don't use or know how any of that RPC stuff works, then again, most people want a coin to be on an exchange.

i built the daemon on my ubuntu machine that i code on and tested dumpprivkey, dumpprivkeyexchange, importprivkey and importprivkeyexchange to a second whole computer with a windows gui and one to a second linux daemon. i am 100% sure it works. if you are getting an error with importing a priv key i do know that it will say error adding wallet if the wallet is locked,

what exactly are the issues that it is giving you? is it compile issues or the functions themselves.

with the 2.0.0 release that was my fault, i forgot to test the rpc functionality so there were some problems there. this is the first time i had gone back to fix it. 2.0.1 was a staking fix for chain movement.

also yes you are right, i didnt consult you guys first on how to handle it. i just made the dual addr system because that was the task given and was planning on fixing the other functionality so it would be compliant for cryptopia after since a lot of the rpc stuff needs a working system to be adjusted to so that it too will work.

edit: do you use skype or something>? because that would be 10x faster comms than a forum

edit2: i got some text from vegas. will read it
Activity: 176
Merit: 102
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz
We are getting some flak in this thread and support tickets and I just want to make it very clear that none of the delays with the FLY wallet on Cryptopia are at all our fault.

i do test all my code. usually a few different ways before i release depending on what it was. reason why we had to do 2 quick fixes after 2.0.0 was out was because:

If that is true then why has none of these releases worked? Literally all you need to have done with this last release was import an address, and export and address. Less than a minute you could have known that it wasn't working, but instead we're again spending support time compiling code to find out that the same things still aren't working.

-i did not know cryptopia uses those rpc commands, most people dont use them either they just have a copy of the wallet.dat file which serves the same purpose.

No, but you made major network and protocol changes without consulting the major services using the network or even thinking about how the changes would impact them. The very fact that you think simply having the wallet.dat solves the problem at hand, why would that be the case? You literally created an entirely new address type, all the users on the site now need new addresses, there will be support tickets from people sending coins to their old addresses. Surely as a competent coin developer you should know that how most people use their coins is not enterprise, sure most people don't use RPC, but the important people do. We have 12,000 users, are you suggesting that a site literally run by two people should be manually rebuilding wallets by hand? What would people say about the delays then?

the only reason for updating the code right now is because cryptopia needs it to turn the exchange back on.  speaking of which...
Speaking of which, it's still not working, are you sure you tested it this time? We could stop being helpful, we could delist the coin until you get it sorted. It'll be fine, most people don't use or know how any of that RPC stuff works, then again, most people want a coin to be on an exchange.
legendary
Anyway this release is for the exchange. For those that do want a windows binary, please standby and I will post it here once its ready.

Vegas
legendary
actually uk what. ill fix ur updating problem. give me a few days
legendary
Not offended at all Goldtiger. V2.0 was an enormous release, we tested everything we could think of and everything seemed to work. So we did release believing everything was working. But who would have thought the Privkey command would have stopped working with the new code. That was completely unexpected. Anyway, we dont like so many releases either as we would rather be focusing on bringing new services to fly.

Thanks for understanding.

Vegas  
legendary
To be very honest, the best thing you guys can do is not release another wallet until ALL the small bugs, fixes are completely done. I mean, I understand a release when something really necessary needs to be done, but releasing wallet every other week is way too much.

Why don't you guys really fully test the next wallet version before releasing it this time?

It's just a comment, don't get offended please.
i do test all my code. usually a few different ways before i release depending on what it was. reason why we had to do 2 quick fixes after 2.0.0 was out was because:

-i did not know cryptopia uses those rpc commands, most people dont use them either they just have a copy of the wallet.dat file which serves the same purpose.
-staking was broken on a chain level not a wallet level. so from what i could see for staking through testing was 2.0.0 worked even though it ended up not and the chain rejected it.
-the removal of the 0 transaction is a new demand by vegas, didnt have instruction to remove it before only to make it a value of 0 =p
On that note....
there are somewhere between 40 and 60 RPC commands. i have a small list of some that i know DO NOT WORK, would require a large amount of time to do extensive fixes to repair them, and arent critical issues.

dumpwallet and importwallet do not work. but exchanges dont use that and most people dont understand what is even being printed out. copying and saving the wallet.dat file in a new directory serves the same purpose as this command, tbh the command is kinda useless. not a high priority on the fix list.

the only reason for updating the code right now is because cryptopia needs it to turn the exchange back on.  speaking of which...

the new updated code is up. UPDATE IS OPTIONAL. you do not have to update. code update is purely for the exchanges. i didnt even increment the version because why bother. nothing really changed.
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
First , thanks for your patience. Dev Griffith is putting the final testing on the latest wallet. They are all small bug fixes.

Privkey fix (to get exchange going again)
0 transactions appearing from superfly will be fixed. These will no longer be seen if they are 0.

These are the two major things in the upcoming release very soon.

There is a lot of work ahead of me. I am finishing the updates on the OP. Its badly outdated,  Im finishing updating that, as we speak.

The wallet will get a new look in the near future. Much more enhanced high def graphics.

..............and much more.

Vegas

To be very honest, the best thing you guys can do is not release another wallet until ALL the small bugs, fixes are completely done. I mean, I understand a release when something really necessary needs to be done, but releasing wallet every other week is way too much.

Why don't you guys really fully test the next wallet version before releasing it this time?

It's just a comment, don't get offended please.
legendary
First , thanks for your patience. Dev Griffith is putting the final testing on the latest wallet. They are all small bug fixes.

Privkey fix (to get exchange going again)
0 transactions appearing from superfly will be fixed. These will no longer be seen if they are 0.

These are the two major things in the upcoming release very soon.

There is a lot of work ahead of me. I am finishing the updates on the OP. Its badly outdated,  Im finishing updating that, as we speak.

The wallet will get a new look in the near future. Much more enhanced high def graphics.

..............and much more.

Vegas
Pages:
Jump to: