Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 93. (Read 108819 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I like Amazon with gift cards. I earn 20 in amazon gift cards every month.  So i Would get a card once a year or so.  I like the return policy they have.

I have found some very solid eBay sellers with no tax 30 day returns and I try to wait for ebuck sales. 8% or 10% off the list price then use paypal credit 6 months to pay.

can't complain about that.

If I spend btc it is a cash out on coinbase.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Purse may be a good place to buy stuff that just had a nice price dump on Amazon via camelcamelcamel or some such.  Guess there could be other
 reasons but I rarely spend bitcoin.  If you can wait to buy, just use camelcamelcamel for price alerts and don't give a percentage of your cost savings to potential arbitrage.  I'm just guessing, but ain't no free lunch.
Activity: 689
Merit: 253

the best price I got was 669 - 8% for a 1080ti  that was 615 usd  with 6 months to pay it 0 payments 0 fees.

Phil I wrote you and somebody else that you can get 15% discount easily on purse.io paying in BTC.

I've purchased some stuff from there

How do they handle the sales tax?

Amazon  charges me 7%.

so 700 dropped by 15% =  595 but add the 7% sales tax it is  back to 636.65.

This is the reason I don't use purse as the sales tax hurts.  Maybe I am wrong and they won't charge that sales tx.

Somestimes There is 0 shipping and 0 sales tax on purse.. seems oddly random but may have to do with the distributors. the purse website shows you before you confirm the order what the value of salex tax is
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Amazon  charges me 7%.

so 700 dropped by 15% =  595 but add the 7% sales tax it is  back to 636.65.

This is the reason I don't use purse as the sales tax hurts.  Maybe I am wrong and they won't charge that sales tx.

That is very good question. Actually no idea.

Your discount comes after taxes is applied

From what I understand from the website and emails they sent me you say what you will pay for an item and it goes on a list for people with Amazon gift cards to accept. So the people that accept your bitcoin price are the ones who actually pay the sales tax and shipping. Could be wrong, but that is my understanding.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Amazon  charges me 7%.

This is the reason I don't use purse as the sales tax hurts.  Maybe I am wrong and they won't charge that sales tx.

Your discount comes after taxes is applied
legendary

Amazon  charges me 7%.

If I am  willing to wait on gear  ebay  with an ebucks sale  and a no sales tax seller  if pretty good.

I got the one zotac  1080 ti for 669 - 8% = 615  and  use paypal  credit  6 months
Activity: 742

Amazon  charges me 7%.

Activity: 211
You may also consider using ccminer from spmod for Skein.
https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/releases/download/1.5.81/release81.7z

Here are some more data points:

I average 492-500 GH/s skein, on my 1070's with -25% TDP as my only card adjustment.  Puts each card at 125W consistent.  I get 418-425 sol/s on equihash with the same power and settings and EWBF miner.

It averages 650W total at the wall with five cards.  Waiting on the sixth to arrive, which will bump it to 775 at the wall.

I'm using Corsair HX1200i which are platinum power supplies.  Planning to test a 7th card once I get my custom open air chassis finished.

Jake
legendary
Hi Jared...any chance you can share your command line for running ccminerAlexis78.exe for skein on zpool?
Code:
ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p c=BTC,skein,stats

I dont change any card settings, I run them stock settings from the factory;  on machines that have cards close together, Ill manually ramp the fan curves up a little.... that's it.

Default intensity on this build is higher than the old builds, which is proper.  if it doesn't run well;  back it off and try again.  I think default is 26 right now in that build.

Thanks I see my error in my bat.

I did not write ccminerAlexis78.exe.

I will test it later.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
Hi Jared...any chance you can share your command line for running ccminerAlexis78.exe for skein on zpool?
Code:
ccminerAlexis78.exe -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u 1PHSDYvVp6HpqtuUPocK41DrdeHbbezaeP -p c=BTC,skein,stats

I dont change any card settings, I run them stock settings from the factory;  on machines that have cards close together, Ill manually ramp the fan curves up a little.... that's it.

Default intensity on this build is higher than the old builds, which is proper.  if it doesn't run well;  back it off and try again.  I think default is 26 right now in that build.
legendary

the best price I got was 669 - 8% for a 1080ti  that was 615 usd  with 6 months to pay it 0 payments 0 fees.

Phil I wrote you and somebody else that you can get 15% discount easily on purse.io paying in BTC.

Amazon  charges me 7%.

Activity: 742

the best price I got was 669 - 8% for a 1080ti  that was 615 usd  with 6 months to pay it 0 payments 0 fees.

Activity: 349
Merit: 250
So I went and put it on a zip

and it  is not working.  I will play with it later on.

I will busy with a lot of real world stuff this weekend
I thought the original version of that reply was lacking... lol

I didn't find a precompiled version on github, so I just took the one from the nemosminer package myself...  Ill probably compile once I get my laptop running again (another SSD failed, and this time an Apacer.  I was surprised)

All I did was replace my executable and everything else stayed the same as far as config and all worked flawlessly to upgrade the miner app...  I think I am running default intensity presently, so if you have issues try to remove the -i  intensity flag and setting;  might clear it up.

I just have a really basic command running right now and I'm wondering if I can improve things Smiley
Code:
ccminerAlexis78.exe -r 0 -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u BTCADDRESS -p c=BTC 

I have a 1060 running @ 61% power target doing ~340MH/s and then a couple of 1080ti's @ 60% power target doing ~1442MH/s.
Not pushing them at all as they are in mid tower cases and it's hot here Smiley

legendary

I didn't find a precompiled version on github, so I just took the one from the nemosminer package myself...  Ill probably compile once I get my laptop running again (another SSD failed, and this time an Apacer.  I was surprised)

All I did was replace my executable and everything else stayed the same as far as config and all worked flawlessly to upgrade the miner app...  I think I am running default intensity presently, so if you have issues try to remove the -i  intensity flag and setting;  might clear it up.

For now I moved two 3 card nvidia 1080 ti's off skein and back to zec.

Just a little busy for next few days to push this build correctly.
legendary

Looking to pick up another card. debating between a 1070 8gb or rx480 8gb. What hash rate are you guys getting from a 1070 8gb?

I do zec or skein

zec I get 420-440h for  around 140 watts whole machine at the wall

Appreciate it! Looks like the 1070 wins.
legendary
Phil;

Last night I just changed from ccminer 1.7 to the alexis78 version: Click here

Skein hashrate on one 1070 went from ~410Mh to 521Mh.... that's a HUGE jump.

If you can't build it yourself, you can get the nemosminer link from this site, and when you go to download it from mega, just download the ccmineralexis78.exe file by itself;  I didn't find any bugs or anything in it, and many on this site use it already.   The link above is for the source to compile in windows yourself;  there aren't any pre compiled ones available yet that I know of (on github).  THE MEGA LINK

legendary
Phil;

Last night I just changed from ccminer 1.7 to the alexis78 version: Click here

Skein hashrate on one 1070 went from ~410Mh to 521Mh.... that's a HUGE jump.

If you can't build it yourself, you can get the nemosminer link from this site, and when you go to download it from mega, just download the ccmineralexis78.exe file by itself;  I didn't find any bugs or anything in it, and many on this site use it already.   The link above is for the source to compile in windows yourself;  there aren't any pre compiled ones available yet that I know of (on github).  THE MEGA LINK
legendary
Looking to pick up another card. debating between a 1070 8gb or rx480 8gb. What hash rate are you guys getting from a 1070 8gb?

I do zec or skein

zec I get 420-440h for  around 140 watts whole machine at the wall
Pages:
Jump to: