Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 89. (Read 108819 times)

Activity: 615
Merit: 500
For me the best bangs for the bucks has always been rx470 4gb : often cheap , with often discount available. Stable , not power angry. Good hashrate.

I have a spare mobo and PSU not used. Could build one more 4 to 7 GPUs Rigs.
What would you suggest guys as Zec/Nvidia build ? with most revenue per buck invested.

A good question.  card price is king.

if you get a 1060 6gb to do 320h and you spent 220 usd you spent 1 dollar for  1.45h

if you get 1070  8gb  to do 420h  and you paid 375usd you spent 1 dollar for 1.12h

if you get a 1080 8gb to  do 500h and you spent 450 usd you spent 1dollar for 1.11h

if you get a 1080ti  11gb to do 700h and you spent 615 usd spent  1 dollar for  1.13h

I got this 1080ti below for a good price

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XDN4TXK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?

I got one for 669 free ship 0 tax
I got one for 675 free ship 0 tax
I got one for 615 free ship 0 tax

they work well enough

I got this 1060 for 220

https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-ZT-P10600A-10L-Compact-Graphics/dp/B01IDCOOIU/ref=sr_1_2?

at the price of 220 it was a good deal .

l decide to go all 1080 ti as I have a place to sell them

no regrets with converting most but not all of my rx 470's and rx 480s to this gear.

There's always a premium to get the hash rate density up!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

if you get a 1060 6gb to do 320h and you spent 220 usd you spent 1 dollar for  1.45h

You forgot 1060 3GB, best price/performance ratio of all Nvidias: mine do 305h@200$. 1.52 ratio!
The only downside is slightly lower resale value.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
For me the best bangs for the bucks has always been rx470 4gb : often cheap , with often discount available. Stable , not power angry. Good hashrate.

What would you suggest guys as Zec/Nvidia build ? with most revenue per buck invested.

if you get 1070  8gb  to do 420h  and you paid 375usd you spent 1 dollar for 1.12h

if you get a 1080 8gb to  do 500h and you spent 450 usd you spent 1dollar for 1.11h

if you get a 1080ti  11gb to do 700h and you spent 615 usd spent  1 dollar for  1.13h

I got this 1080ti below for a good price

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XDN4TXK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?

I got one for 669 free ship 0 tax
I got one for 675 free ship 0 tax
I got one for 615 free ship 0 tax

they work well enough

I got this 1060 for 220

https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeForce-ZT-P10600A-10L-Compact-Graphics/dp/B01IDCOOIU/ref=sr_1_2?

at the price of 220 it was a good deal .

l decide to go all 1080 ti as I have a place to sell them

no regrets with converting most but not all of my rx 470's and rx 480s to this gear.
Activity: 501

Activity: 192
Merit: 100
To the ZEC nvidia miners here, after all your tests and experience, are you happy with it ? was it a good strategy to choose nvidia/Zec instead of Amd/Eth ?
totally happy with it. my NVIDIA 1070 RIG is rock stable for months now and not that hot as RX 470 RIG. Had a lot of troubles with AMD but got em running too after a while.
+ REsale value is very important to me and NVIDIA wins in here.
Activity: 501
To the ZEC nvidia miners here, after all your tests and experience, are you happy with it ? was it a good strategy to choose nvidia/Zec instead of Amd/Eth ?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Phil - whats the best bang BRAND for the buck on building a 3xGPU 1080ti ZEC rig?

I am looking at Asus but the ones from other with fans and reference types differs in price quite a bit.

For ZEC mining, which ones are the "Nitro+++" equivalent?

Also, 1080ti or 1070ti ?

I am thinking of taking off all my Nanos and 480s out from the Biostar Z170-GT7 and turning them into 3-4 cards ZEC rigs.

Thanks

Hi citronick,
 Though the question was not addressed to me I would like to throw in my 2 cents, hope this helps.

As far as 1080 Ti go, Aorus seems to be the "Nitro+++" equivalent, I run mine at 230w producing around 690 - 710 h/s for ZEC, no over clocking, with a efficiency of 3.06 Sol/Watt
where as a founders edition running at 210w produce 650 - 660 h/s with an efficiency of 3.16 Sol/Watt.

Said that, the over clock potential in Aorus is very high, with +100 core and + 300 memory you can push it to well past 730 h/s.

And also from my experience the fan's CFM in Aorus sucks, I have to place an external 12" fan right in-front of it to keep it below 70C(but the room temperature is well above 36C so its also a thing).

Added later: I forgot to say Aorus is big, very big it almost covers 3 slots so please take that into consideration when you place it into the board directly.

Hope this helps

Regards,
BLife

thanks for the insights BFlife.

I got a few PMs on the GPU of choice for ZEC NVIDIA rigs and the Aorus version is somewhat the most popular.

Once my finish my ETH farm project, I will be embarking on a small ZEC farm and will be using this dev/test rig as the template for the farm. The pull factor here is power consumption. My Nano rigs are nearly as powerful as NVIDIA based GPUs but still high on the power draw.

I was browsing another thread about best card for ZEC mining and it appears that SAPPHIRE Radeon Pro Duo appears to be the best producing around 900-1100 for around 280w to 380w, and its water cooled its a big plus in my case

i think what per what this Pro Duo might do better then even Aorus i guess, have to check how much it can be over-clocked though

Regards,
BLife
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Phil - whats the best bang BRAND for the buck on building a 3xGPU 1080ti ZEC rig?

I am looking at Asus but the ones from other with fans and reference types differs in price quite a bit.

Also, 1080ti or 1070ti ?

I am thinking of taking off all my Nanos and 480s out from the Biostar Z170-GT7 and turning them into 3-4 cards ZEC rigs.

Thanks

Hi citronick,
 Though the question was not addressed to me I would like to throw in my 2 cents, hope this helps.

As far as 1080 Ti go, Aorus seems to be the "Nitro+++" equivalent, I run mine at 230w producing around 690 - 710 h/s for ZEC, no over clocking, with a efficiency of 3.06 Sol/Watt
where as a founders edition running at 210w produce 650 - 660 h/s with an efficiency of 3.16 Sol/Watt.

Said that, the over clock potential in Aorus is very high, with +100 core and + 300 memory you can push it to well past 730 h/s.

And also from my experience the fan's CFM in Aorus sucks, I have to place an external 12" fan right in-front of it to keep it below 70C(but the room temperature is well above 36C so its also a thing).

Added later: I forgot to say Aorus is big, very big it almost covers 3 slots so please take that into consideration when you place it into the board directly.

Hope this helps

Regards,
BLife

thanks for the insights BFlife.

I got a few PMs on the GPU of choice for ZEC NVIDIA rigs and the Aorus version is somewhat the most popular.

Once my finish my ETH farm project, I will be embarking on a small ZEC farm and will be using this dev/test rig as the template for the farm. The pull factor here is power consumption. My Nano rigs are nearly as powerful as NVIDIA based GPUs but still high on the power draw.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Also, 1080ti or 1070ti ?

Thanks

Hi citronick,

Hope this helps

Regards,
BLife
Activity: 390
Did you know what could be a problem?

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

Also, 1080ti or 1070ti ?

Thanks
Activity: 390
Hey! Can you help?

Im using Zec miner 0.3.3b and MSI Afterburner. Settings to all 4x GPUs are 80, 100, 500.

And each of them giving about 470 sol. But sometimes after restarting miner some of the GPU is giving 410 sol instead of 470 as always. So its become 470 410 470 470. What could it be and how to fix that?

It can be fixed if i manually will make default settings in Afterburner and bring it back to 80, 100, 500 in this GPU. Or restarting PC is helping too.

This is how it looks like

legendary
Hey Phil or anyone that uses smos
Have y'all tried compiling the nvidia drivers on the os
To get support for those cards
I don't have the cards yet to tinker

smOS builder  ty said it does not work with nvidia at the moment.  I have not tried at all
Activity: 672
Hey Phil or anyone that uses smos
Have y'all tried compiling the nvidia drivers on the os
To get support for those cards
I don't have the cards yet to tinker
legendary
Anyone know the wall power draw of a 1060 6gb gtx?

Depends on your power settings really.

I turned my EVGA 6GB SSC model down to make it really efficient and at 60% power it was only 90W and still doing ~310 sol/s Smiley

I might get one of each then an run some test
Each being 1060 1070 1080

sent a pm with info
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
@fullzero is probably right and POS is not a good scheme (most likely), but I would like someone try and see what happens just for a sake that all possibilities are investigated.
You will still need a good computer and reliable connection to participate, so computing is involved, it is not exactly a bank account.

Regarding numbers, I think that they aim at 1-2% yearly coin addition (eth). This comes from not every coin participating in POS. If such thing happens soon, ethereum would actually have lower current inflation rate in comparison with bitcoin. Participating coins would be paid something around 5%, more or less. Theoretically, you can POS-mine with CPU and POW mine with GPU, so why not?

Finally, Ethereum founders ALWAYS maintained that ethereum would eventually go POS, so miners should have been prepared for a transition.

pow is backed by mining gear and power usage

pos is backed by ?  or as you say less transactions.

Pos  = proof of stake  to most  to me piece of shit.

to quote one of the best movies:
"...but me, my eyes are wide fucking open..."

[mine or not mine, POS or POW, whatever is more interesting and rewarding]
People seem to be OK with dash masternodes that generate coins.
I fail to see a difference with whatever happens when ethereum goes POS
Cheers
legendary
philipma1957 Thanks for the input, switched out the CPU and RAM after some looking around.  Guessing the RAM wont get hot or anything so no need for the heat spreaders on the RAM?  SSD was not much more and for some extra storage in case I need to download a block chain or two. 

Now for the real hard hitting question what should I be looking at GPU wise for ROI and pure profit over the next few months to year or so Nivida 1060/1070/1080 or ti variants or AMD RX 470/480 or 570/580?  Also with those what cryptocurrencies would those GPU be best for?

hardest question is what cards to use.

I have not tried any rx 570's or 580's

why  I went through stages with my cards

first all rx 470's mostly all 4gb
ungraded to rx 480's all 6gb
now doing all nvidia 1080 ti's

my setup at the moment is

8 rx 480 8gb
2 nvidia 1070 8gb
1 nvidia 1080 8gb
7 nvidia  1080 ti 11gb.

about 8000h for zec
What's the power usage on a 1080 TI for zcash

with 65% to 70%  power setting
100+ core
300+ ram
 75% manual fan

378.78 drivers windows 7

about 180 watts at wall   about 620 to 665h  all depends on card and psu  ,

but in all cases with good settings all 7 of my 1080 ti's do 3.2 to 3.5 h per watt at the wall
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
@fullzero is probably right and POS is not a good scheme (most likely), but I would like someone try and see what happens just for a sake that all possibilities are investigated.
You will still need a good computer and reliable connection to participate, so computing is involved, it is not exactly a bank account.

Regarding numbers, I think that they aim at 1-2% yearly coin addition (eth). This comes from not every coin participating in POS. If such thing happens soon, ethereum would actually have lower current inflation rate in comparison with bitcoin. Participating coins would be paid something around 5%, more or less. Theoretically, you can POS-mine with CPU and POW mine with GPU, so why not?

Finally, Ethereum founders ALWAYS maintained that ethereum would eventually go POS, so miners should have been prepared for a transition.

Waves is using POS and LPOS right now (Leased Proof of Stake). Community is torn between "Hey i'm making money by doing nothing but leaving my coins in my wallet" and "Wow, the rewards for leasing are really shitty. Fees generated are low and we need more transactions." So far the general consensus is that it is a good thing, and over time with more adoption, POS will net a lower return than POW mining but will promote accumulation of coins. If people are hording coins to get better rewards from POS than that creates a bearish market place.

If Eth goes to POS, miners will be pissed and accumulators will be happy. The bad part is that probably 75% of all transactions done in Eth are due to mining and redistributing mining rewards anyway. So if going to POS means less transactions, then less rewards for staking. Am I correct on this?

Waves is like Visa or Mastercard.  Granted I can do a lot more with waves; however this centralized entity could go full ponzi at any time. 

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
philipma1957 Thanks for the input, switched out the CPU and RAM after some looking around.  Guessing the RAM wont get hot or anything so no need for the heat spreaders on the RAM?  SSD was not much more and for some extra storage in case I need to download a block chain or two. 

Now for the real hard hitting question what should I be looking at GPU wise for ROI and pure profit over the next few months to year or so Nivida 1060/1070/1080 or ti variants or AMD RX 470/480 or 570/580?  Also with those what cryptocurrencies would those GPU be best for?

hardest question is what cards to use.

I have not tried any rx 570's or 580's

why  I went through stages with my cards

first all rx 470's mostly all 4gb
ungraded to rx 480's all 6gb
now doing all nvidia 1080 ti's

my setup at the moment is

8 rx 480 8gb
2 nvidia 1070 8gb
1 nvidia 1080 8gb
7 nvidia  1080 ti 11gb.

about 8000h for zec
What's the power usage on a 1080 TI for zcash
legendary

Waves is using POS and LPOS right now (Leased Proof of Stake). Community is torn between "Hey i'm making money by doing nothing but leaving my coins in my wallet" and "Wow, the rewards for leasing are really shitty. Fees generated are low and we need more transactions." So far the general consensus is that it is a good thing, and over time with more adoption, POS will net a lower return than POW mining but will promote accumulation of coins. If people are hording coins to get better rewards from POS than that creates a bearish market place.

If Eth goes to POS, miners will be pissed and accumulators will be happy. The bad part is that probably 75% of all transactions done in Eth are due to mining and redistributing mining rewards anyway. So if going to POS means less transactions, then less rewards for staking. Am I correct on this?

close enough.

pow is backed by mining gear and power usage

pos is backed by ?  or as you say less transactions.

I look at this   from viewpoint of what keeps prices of coin high?  

answer people that want prices high try to get the coins  by mining or purchase of coins.

if you pull mining out.   you lose the interest of miners.  and this means

Intel    says fuck that coin no one buys my gear to mine it
Amd    says fuck that coin no one buys my gear to mine it
Nvidia  says fuck that coin no one buys my gear to mine it
Asus
Asrock
Biostar
Gigabyte
Msi
Evga
Sapphire
Zotac
Diamond
Palit
Galax
Corsair
Seasonic
Antec
Geil
Mushkin

any a lot of other companies  simply won't have a thing to gain  by supporting the coin that left them  and became  pos

Pos  = proof of stake  to most  to me piece of shit.

I already learned all this when I got deep into PPC

And they  were  both POW and POS.  I pointed all my sidehack compac sticks at them and hit a few solo blocks.

I then rented some heavy th say 100th and hit a lot of blocks I had 2000 PPC    all staked  and reaching 99% certainty to  divest 1% interest or a big 20 coins  about 10 dollars.

They then said no more mac   wallets I had to covert to a windows wallet.  And not matter what I did I would lose my 99%  certainty of 1% interest on the 2000 coins since I would need to pull them from the wallet  and put them into the new wallet.

I complained and posted on this in the PPC forums  did a bit of follow up  studied PPC and pos rules more   decided to never get involved in pos cash the PPC coins out  and have not had a single interest in pos coins ever again.

to date no pos coin thrives  because they are basically a non regulated bank.
Pages:
Jump to: