Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 91. (Read 108819 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
legendary
Regarding Phil's calculations, seems more fair to me to assume dash stays the same price instead of doubling (because it could even drop instead of double).. And then factoring in the rise in dash difficulty once the miners go out.. I wonder if we can calculate the estimated rise in difficulty to have a better idea of projected profitability of every month once it ships

One benefit of the ibelink is that is is lower power consumption than the zec mining rig but that isn't that big of deal when you see the points Phil made

I gave either group buy great assumptions .

A 2x diff jump matched by a 2x price jump.

By purchasing 1/3 in dash. Or about 20 coins up front

And 2/3 in a Zec miner .  You get a benefit if coins go way up in the next month or in

1-90 days you buy them .   So if dash coins go to 300 40 days from now. You got 20 coins on hand
Cash 10 of them. You have 3000 in pocket.  And the Zec miner on hand .

Yeah i am sure there is some really weird way someone buying one of these X11 miners could do better
Then a Zec miner plus dash coin investment.  That would be solo mining dash and hitting a lot of blocks fast.

But banking on hitting atom of solo blocks is bad investment strategy .
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Its just to risky for me to go in on the iBelink GB.

There are huge drawbacks:
$5700 for equipment is a lot to me
Difficulty rise after everyone receives miners 3 months later (I know there will be those who get them early and really make out like bandits and jack up diff.)
Actual hardware reliability (hashrate tracking seems to go up and down from what i've seen and not holding 10.5 GH/s)
And the biggest for me: This could be vaporware!!!

The ACTUAL risks do not outweigh the POTENTIAL benefits for me. If the GB guys get these going in 90 days and make a fortune that is awesome for them, I really hope they do! I won't feel bad because i was left out, or scared to jump.

I will feel bad if I lose $5700 on a shit miner that may or may not even exist. These machines sound too good to be true and I'd rather make less money on something guaranteed than gamble on a machine I have seen nothing but a youtube video of.

What do you guys think are they the real deal?
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
I'm getting angry with my first GPU that I bought (it is a MSI 470), I have downloaded the Geth and it's take a lot to get synced but at the end it doesn't work, it gets corrupted or something like that.

philipma1957 can you please guide me where to start, I have seen many threads and sources from google but I'm getting stucked and unable to start mining ethereum.

Code:
WARN [04-30|18:17:33] Rolled back headers                      count=2035 header=819322->817287 fast=808297->808297 block=0->0
WARN [04-30|18:17:33] Synchronisation failed, retrying         err="state data download canceled (requested)"
WARN [04-30|18:17:48] Synchronisation failed, retrying         err="block download canceled (requested)"

WARN [04-30|19:56:06] Header broke chain ancestry              peer=18928015a469f362 number=2483485 hash=3c2f15…592ed8

WARN [04-30|20:44:22] Synchronisation failed, dropping peer    peer=7c752102f2d62133 err="retrieved ancestor is invalid"

ERROR[04-30|21:08:28] Failed to unregister sync peer           peer=8e3bd376b0c96af9 err="peer is not registered"
ERROR[04-30|21:08:28] Peer removal failed                      peer=8e3bd376b0c96af9 err="peer is not registered"

---Last three lines:

INFO [04-30|21:34:44] Imported new block receipts              count=427  elapsed=549.385ms number=3454803 hash=72ce3d…6b543f ignored=0
INFO [04-30|21:34:51] Imported new block headers               count=2048 elapsed=12.496s   number=3485318 hash=673d95…8a6b41 ignored=0
CRIT [04-30|21:53:22] Failed to store receipts                 err="leveldb/table: corruption on data-block (pos=1784684): checksum mismatch, want=0x5f44a063 got=0xcdde3904 [file=040429.ldb]"

Activity: 689
Merit: 253
Regarding Phil's calculations, seems more fair to me to assume dash stays the same price instead of doubling (because it could even drop instead of double).. And then factoring in the rise in dash difficulty once the miners go out.. I wonder if we can calculate the estimated rise in difficulty to have a better idea of projected profitability of every month once it ships

One benefit of the ibelink is that is is lower power consumption than the zec mining rig but that isn't that big of deal when you see the points Phil made
legendary
Took profits today sold 1 coin Grin
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
My take is that between ethereum, zcash and dash, in my opinion, ethereum is most likely to appreciate short term ($100 is a given, IMHO), but zcash is most likely to appreciate mid-longer term. Therefore, among alts I prefer eth and zec.

Zcash market cap is around 100mil; compare with GNO (around $300 mil in issued tokens [4.4%] already).
If zcash triples, I would not be surprised one iota, but i like it's slower [in altcoin universe] appreciation.
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
legendary

I am doing  a purely mathematical comparison of the two deals from the two of them against  buying and building a zec ming farm with 1080ti's.

I know both guys fairly well and have like both of them. So I won't pass judgement on whether on person is better then the other.

But I can crunch the numbers  and see if spending 6k  to build a zec farm  works better then either deal.

I will present this in a separate thread. Later today.

This is exactly what I've done, I found that 2x ZEC Miners I could build would make the money back in the time it takes to even ship those miners. It's highly unlikely I'll buy one of them at this point, too much risk because if they do what bitmain did and turn them on after they receive them for testing, cause the hash/difficulty spike and THEN ship them out. Batch 1 owners would get screwed.

I spent part of last night and all day today crunching numbers.
kilo17 deal is cheaper then bittawm

bottom line both deals are bad.

purely on math .

I assume both deals are honest
I assume you get the gear 90 days to the day after payment.
I assume dash goes 2x price to match 2x diff increase.

lets say you do one from each cause you like both guys.  In my case a really do like both people.

easy numbers are 5700 + 6700 = 12400  average price would be 6200.

what can I do with 6200  right now today.

here is what I can do.  I can buy

six of these  at 676 each or 4056  I would get 1% off in the form of ebucks.  so net is 4016  use paypal six months to pay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZOTAC-ZT-P10810A-10P-GeForce-GTX-1080-Ti-Founders-Edition-11GB-GDDR5X-352-bit-/172587640269?

a mobo, risers, ssd ,ram ,cpu, psu = 384 high number on purpose   so  I spend 4400 after ebucks and have 6 months to pay this.

I also have 1800 left over So I buy dash 20 coins.

So I have a 6 card 1080 ti miner   doing about 4200h of zec pulling  say  1400 watts.  that is 34 kwatts a day or about 3.40 usd in power.  and earnings are about 33.33 usd

so fast forward 90 days.

I spent 306 in power and earned 3000  which is a net of 2694 .

if dash did 2x in price the 1800 or 20 coins is now  3600 a gain of 1800

the paypal bill is not due until 180 days.  it was for 4400

______
1706 still owe
3600 since dash did double in price
____
1894 ahead.  in 90 days if dash does double.

in all cases that dash rises in price  I make some money since  I purchased 1800 in  coins of the seed money of 6200.

at 90 days  with group buy I might have the working unit.

If dash dropped in price  and diff did 2x I am dead basically zero chance of break even.

If dash dropped in price  and I do the gpu build and some dash coins.  I have 20 coins even if they went from 90 to 45  that is still 900 usd.

and I still have the 6 card gpu rig.  that I don't have to pay any of the 4400 I owe for another 90 days.

So how can I advise anyone that either group buy makes sense.  when the 4400 gpu rig 1800 dash coin deal is far safer?  the answer is I have to say no to either group buy.  since the gpu rig + coin purchase truly seems to be better.  With income stream starting asap.  vs waiting 90 days for income to come in.

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

I am doing  a purely mathematical comparison of the two deals from the two of them against  buying and building a zec ming farm with 1080ti's.

I know both guys fairly well and have like both of them. So I won't pass judgement on whether on person is better then the other.

But I can crunch the numbers  and see if spending 6k  to build a zec farm  works better then either deal.

This is exactly what I've done, I found that 2x ZEC Miners I could build would make the money back in the time it takes to even ship those miners. It's highly unlikely I'll buy one of them at this point, too much risk because if they do what bitmain did and turn them on after they receive them for testing, cause the hash/difficulty spike and THEN ship them out. Batch 1 owners would get screwed.

Yeah it's really hard to get into that group buy. I would buy myself a unit but it's freaking 5700 $ and there is actually a lot of "if". They have the balls to go along with the deal. We saw so many scam around ... I feel not safe to gamble my money into this. I will probably regret, but is it 4 BTC a unit ... that's a lot for a single miner. I remember my 14 BTC for 2 S7 and I said I learned my lesson with that deal  Grin Grin

Honestly, it's a hard choice.

I know a bit Kilo from the A6 groupby and he was really cool with us (along with Phil, as the usual  Grin) but I don't know the other guy. I would definitely pick Kilo's group if I had to choice now.

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

Interested in both the groupbuy (thoughts,etc). Not sure which of the two I will go with atm. I'm also interested in the zec farm info. I have amd gpu rigs and have been considering doing a 3-7gpu nvidia rig but i know much less about the nvidia gpus (how much each costs, power consumption, zec hashrate, and zec hash per power consumption)
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----

I am interested in getting 3 units however this ding dong between these 2 groups buys is getting crazy.

Phil, I sent you a PM.
legendary

legendary
Any idea of future of this new coin ann posted today Bitmxittz?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitmxittz-bmxtz-1898760

Only 10k max supp. reward type coin drop reward 1 coin every 1 to 15 mins.

I collected some in no time.

Anyone have more info about it? So i can go forward give my time and efforts to collect more.

I deleted this  as it is thread crapping by a newbie.  Note I quote what i delete.

and   I don't recommend buying this or mining it
legendary
Hello everyone, and greetings from the middle of nowhere.  EDIT I am based in the USA so pricing and shipping are state side.

I am working on building my first GPU mining setup, I plan to mine under Windows 10 64bit Pro with the NiceHash software for ease of use.  I have mined, traded and invested in cryptocurrency as a hobby over the past few years, but this will be a larger investment then before.  

I have a budget of roughly $2,000 USD this is a mark for the total setup, and if need be I can purchase additional GPUs down the road.  My hope would be one setup, running 6-7 GPUs but if doing two and running 3-4 on each works better that is also fine.  Over all power usage is a concern but not an outstanding one, price per kWh is scaling with usage but fairly cheap.

I am not as much concerned with what cryptocurrency the setup is mining, as NiceHash payout is in BTC.  Also if I need to move away from NiceHash for any reason I will mine the most readily profitable coin checked every few days or so.  I  prefer to setup a profitable coin and leave it, no need to switch based on small profit jumps.  Dual mining is also an option to maximize profit but only if highly recommended.

Here is rough setup part list, that was first done for Eth, so take that in mind.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BvwW8K
minus the GPUs of course as they are subject to change with stock and review.

I would rate my skills in DIY at a solid 7/10 and technical knowledge 9/10, so setup should not be an issue.  I would love any and all recommendations on setups and the prospective cryptocurrency they would mine best.

Thanks all for taking the time to read my post, and taking the time to input if you do.

I would prefer a g4400t or an i3 6100t

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Pentium-Processor-G4400T-Dual-Core-2-90Ghz-H2-CPU-/272645034798?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i3-6100T-3-2GHz-3M-Cache-DualCore-LGA1151-CPU-Processor-SR2HE-/322490605689?

why the better cpus  they resell easy  the letter t means they use less power then your choice  yeah they cost more  but the savings in ram and psu make up for it.

mobo = fine

ram =   get this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148856  why =  19 usd cheaper

ssd = fine  a 64gb would be cheaper  but your pick is good.

case = fine

psu =  I would prefer this     https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438011   why =  30usd cheaper  can do 1300 watts

risers = fine

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hello everyone, and greetings from the middle of nowhere.  EDIT I am based in the USA so pricing and shipping are state side.

I am working on building my first GPU mining setup, I plan to mine under Windows 10 64bit Pro with the NiceHash software for ease of use.  I have mined, traded and invested in cryptocurrency as a hobby over the past few years, but this will be a larger investment then before. 

I have a budget of roughly $2,000 USD this is a mark for the total setup, and if need be I can purchase additional GPUs down the road.  My hope would be one setup, running 6-7 GPUs but if doing two and running 3-4 on each works better that is also fine.  Over all power usage is a concern but not an outstanding one, price per kWh is scaling with usage but fairly cheap.

I am not as much concerned with what cryptocurrency the setup is mining, as NiceHash payout is in BTC.  Also if I need to move away from NiceHash for any reason I will mine the most readily profitable coin checked every few days or so.  I  prefer to setup a profitable coin and leave it, no need to switch based on small profit jumps.  Dual mining is also an option to maximize profit but only if highly recommended.

Here is rough setup part list, that was first done for Eth, so take that in mind.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BvwW8K
minus the GPUs of course as they are subject to change with stock and review.

I would rate my skills in DIY at a solid 7/10 and technical knowledge 9/10, so setup should not be an issue.  I would love any and all recommendations on setups and the prospective cryptocurrency they would mine best.

Thanks all for taking the time to read my post, and taking the time to input if you do.
legendary
Hey everyone... I am planning a re-build of my first mining rig. Currently, it's 4 MSI 470's on an ASRock x99 mobo with an i7-6800k & 16GB of RAM.  Obviously, those higher end components are not not being optimized by my mining opereations, so I am going to use that core Mobo/CPU/RAM to build a new personal/music production PC.

So, i have a Biostar TB85/G3258 CPU/8GB RAM + 1200W Plat PSU ready to go and 2 more MSI 470s arriving tomorrow for this re-build.

But, here's the issue... this rig with 4 GPUs is not able to dual mine ETH + DCR.  Since it runs ETH only and XMR flawlessly and there is no power headroom issue (1KW PSU), it seems likely that there is a "problem" GPU that can't handle the extra stress of dual mining.  I have a good idea which one is likely as it has never been able to do more than 1850 clock speed, while the other 3 can easily do 1950.  What I would LIKE to do is identify for sure which one (hopefully only 1) is causing the problem and move that to my new personal/music PC since I will only be single mining ETH or XMR on that overnight or when I'm not using it for music production.

So... the question is... how best to prove which one is the "bad" one.  I think the best way is to do a negative test, meaning running 3 of the 4 cards only and seeing if it can dual mine without crashing.  But, I am not sure how to do this, other than literally unplugging the GPU, which I would prefer not to do if possible.

I thought I remembered that Claymore's miners allow to turn off any single (or multiple) GPUs but i looked through the instructions and didn't see this mentioned anywhere. I could have just missed it but wondering if anyone here knows how to do that?  If so, is it something done within the .bat file?

yes  in the .bat file    let me look for it.
this post:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14501372

-di    GPU indexes, default is all available GPUs. For example, if you have four GPUs "-di 02" will enable only first and third GPUs (#0 and #2).
   Use "-di detect" value to detect correct GPU order for temperatures management (requires non-zero "-tt" option); note that it will not work properly if you do not want to assign all GPUs to miner (add "-gmap" option to fix it).
   You can also turn on/off cards in runtime with "0"..."9" keys and check current statistics with "s" key.

so first do -di 0123

should crash

then do -di detect

figure order out.

then  pull away a gpu at a time.  to figure the bad one.

-di 012  no crash means 3 is bad
Activity: 600
Merit: 261
Hey everyone... I am planning a re-build of my first mining rig. Currently, it's 4 MSI 470's on an ASRock x99 mobo with an i7-6800k & 16GB of RAM.  Obviously, those higher end components are not not being optimized by my mining opereations, so I am going to use that core Mobo/CPU/RAM to build a new personal/music production PC.

So, i have a Biostar TB85/G3258 CPU/8GB RAM + 1200W Plat PSU ready to go and 2 more MSI 470s arriving tomorrow for this re-build.

But, here's the issue... this rig with 4 GPUs is not able to dual mine ETH + DCR.  Since it runs ETH only and XMR flawlessly and there is no power headroom issue (1KW PSU), it seems likely that there is a "problem" GPU that can't handle the extra stress of dual mining.  I have a good idea which one is likely as it has never been able to do more than 1850 clock speed, while the other 3 can easily do 1950.  What I would LIKE to do is identify for sure which one (hopefully only 1) is causing the problem and move that to my new personal/music PC since I will only be single mining ETH or XMR on that overnight or when I'm not using it for music production.

So... the question is... how best to prove which one is the "bad" one.  I think the best way is to do a negative test, meaning running 3 of the 4 cards only and seeing if it can dual mine without crashing.  But, I am not sure how to do this, other than literally unplugging the GPU, which I would prefer not to do if possible.

I thought I remembered that Claymore's miners allow to turn off any single (or multiple) GPUs but i looked through the instructions and didn't see this mentioned anywhere. I could have just missed it but wondering if anyone here knows how to do that?  If so, is it something done within the .bat file?
Pages:
Jump to: