Pages:
Author

Topic: Fourth alt coin thread last three got oversized. - page 97. (Read 108819 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

yeah but I must be going nuts as I can not find the pico and the psu interface.

I have a wicked bad case of allergies and I am loaded with antihistimine  drugs.

what do I owe you for shipping?

don't worry abt it yet mate, GET WELL 1st ! * too MUCH of Nvidia sickness * LoL

i'll check, i can't even recall. ** PCIE Cables too **

I got the nice cables in the box from DHL  You are overseas and used dhl correct?

My spring allergies went nuts this  year .  I did get one thing done today.  I have been cleaning the house up looking for the pico and the interface board.  So I emptied about 5 boxes of junk.

I will keep cleaning house looking for the parts.  Wish me luck.
legendary
Can anyone tell me if SMOS has support for Nvidia and which miners to use please? Thanks

It doesn't support Nvidia

Well, that sucks! Is there another OS like SMOS that supports both AMD and Nvidia?

if you stick in a NVIDIA card and run Claymore ETH, it should detect that card along AMD cards since Claymore supports both GPU types and can run both at the same time.

disagree since the nvidia would need nvidia drivers and as far as i know  smOS  does not load them.

but I could be wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Can anyone tell me if SMOS has support for Nvidia and which miners to use please? Thanks

Well, that sucks! Is there another OS like SMOS that supports both AMD and Nvidia?

if you stick in a NVIDIA card and run Claymore ETH, it should detect that card along AMD cards since Claymore supports both GPU types and can run both at the same time.
legendary

no but there is one that does nvidia

I most likely will use it I just have not gotten  to it.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

I had a wallet with 13 LTC, but i lost the password

Now i can only see I have 13 LTC but they are gone Cheesy

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

i know that feeling:

i have an armory wallet that has 5 btc in it. did it back when btc was arount 5 bucks or so. i dont remember the password so i am in the same boat. i can fire up armory, look right at it and not be able to do a thing with it..  Roll Eyes

Yeah same it's was line 45$ us at the time ... but wow 5 BTC !! OMG Shocked Shocked Shocked

one of these days ill spend a whole day or something trying every variant of my base passwords. if i get it ill probably convert the whole thing to fiat and  the wife and i will have some fun with it. normally i try to hodl but for this, well..  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine

I have a wicked bad case of allergies and I am loaded with antihistimine  drugs.

don't worry abt it yet mate, GET WELL 1st ! * too MUCH of Nvidia sickness * LoL

i'll check, i can't even recall. ** PCIE Cables too **
legendary

a little blurr but i'm sure many can decode them, the 580 8gb does up to 30.2-3 ish but it does jumps up & down a bit

OP did you receive the goodies ?

I have a wicked bad case of allergies and I am loaded with antihistimine  drugs.

legendary
Phil just got the RX480's delivered at the house, will be installing them tomorrow or Wednesday. You happen to remember what settings you ran with them? I will start there for baseline testing. Thanks.

well on smOS i did

1150 core

2150 memory

0 power stage

70% fan.

I always ran them on smOS

for zec i did

1 power stage

70% fan
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine

a little blurr but i'm sure many can decode them, the 580 8gb does up to 30.2-3 ish but it does jumps up & down a bit

470 4gb is the clear winner for now still imo

OP did you receive the goodies ?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Activity: 238
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

i know that feeling:

i have an armory wallet that has 5 btc in it. did it back when btc was arount 5 bucks or so. i dont remember the password so i am in the same boat. i can fire up armory, look right at it and not be able to do a thing with it..  Roll Eyes

Yeah same it's was line 45$ us at the time ... but wow 5 BTC !! OMG Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 146
Phil just got the RX480's delivered at the house, will be installing them tomorrow or Wednesday. You happen to remember what settings you ran with them? I will start there for baseline testing. Thanks.
legendary

i know that feeling:

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
Woke up this morning  and decided to sell two BTC.

Nerves I guess so after fees 2450 usd goes to my bank.

Its a good day to sell BTC... hope BTC keeps trending up but not too much past 1500... steady as she goes.

Meanwhile... LTC $16 ... who could have known

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
decred changed mining algo, so Claymore was not working...check out Claymore's thread (new version upcoming).

Really ?! It changed to which one ? A new algorithm or an already existing one ?
legendary

yeah it was dormant for so long i had not paid attention. i did get on the train at ~8 bucks, and have slowly added more a bit at a time.

i have an old litecoin wallet backed up somewhere, back from i gpu mined ltc. dont recall how much was in it though. as i recall i sold most of them off during its decline. at that time i didnt have automated backups to my nas (just copied stuff to other drives) so i just gotta find it.

yeah I have 2.3 Eth coins in a wallet  I need to run it  keeps freezing while it syncs.  I should play with it today
legendary

yeah it was dormant for so long i had not paid attention. i did get on the train at ~8 bucks, and have slowly added more a bit at a time.

i have an old litecoin wallet backed up somewhere, back from i gpu mined ltc. dont recall how much was in it though. as i recall i sold most of them off during its decline. at that time i didnt have automated backups to my nas (just copied stuff to other drives) so i just gotta find it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Already a fourth thread ? Ah, I learnt so many thing following your threads that it is a pleasure for me to take a look at this new one that will go with my mining life for some time.

Anyway, I would like to gather your opinions on the RX 570. Is it really a game changer ? Surprisingly it is cheaper than RX 470, maybe because it offer less performances ?
Pages:
Jump to: