Pages:
Author

Topic: Free $100 Amazon EC2 Credit for CPU mining Photoshares or anything else... - page 4. (Read 20379 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I have been checking my account usage - it doesn't seem to update even though I have been running 3 instances for almost 20 hours...

When I click the bill dashboard, it says:

Current month-to-date balance for November 2013
$0.00

EC2   $0.00
DataTransfer   $0.00
SNS   $0.00
Tax   $0.00
Total   $0.00

Credits show

Expiration Date   Credit Name   Credits Used   Credits Remaining   Applicable Products
2014-12-31   MRK_11_2013_IntelPowerof60   $0.00   $100.00   
See complete list

So just want to make sure I don't overspend - but look at the way they are charging, it is actually quite reasonable considering digitalocean are charging $160 a month for an 8 core. I might well be tempted to at least subscribe to 1 32 core as a long term thing

click on bill details on top right, then expand items
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I have been checking my account usage - it doesn't seem to update even though I have been running 3 instances for almost 20 hours...

When I click the bill dashboard, it says:

Current month-to-date balance for November 2013
$0.00

EC2   $0.00
DataTransfer   $0.00
SNS   $0.00
Tax   $0.00
Total   $0.00

Credits show

Expiration Date   Credit Name   Credits Used   Credits Remaining   Applicable Products
2014-12-31   MRK_11_2013_IntelPowerof60   $0.00   $100.00   
See complete list

So just want to make sure I don't overspend - but look at the way they are charging, it is actually quite reasonable considering digitalocean are charging $160 a month for an 8 core. I might well be tempted to at least subscribe to 1 32 core as a long term thing

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Its okay anyways, using a skrill credit card that has just a couple of dollars, so they wont get any $400 from me Smiley

And that is exactly why they will put a stop to this one of these days. You screwed up, you owe for what you agreed to.  Roll Eyes

I know i screwed up, but what do you expect from me? Man im 20years old and have no job and no income, all I do is being active here trying to find stuff at and just trying to survive. Where would i get $400?  It will come back to me some day and then I will pay. But as of now i would prefer if they blocked my account and sent me a bill that I can pay for later.

You know that it is Amazon right? I would hate having my amazon account blocked, where would i buy everything?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
Is it normal to get booted from the server for no reason? The miner just suddenly stops running then I need to relogin and redo all the instructions like installing etc. ??

I am using th Java based login and keep getting connection timeout after a few hours

... edit ...

wtf - they just terminated my instance for no reason ?? Why would that be the case ?
yes if the price goes above your limit for even 1 second..
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Its okay anyways, using a skrill credit card that has just a couple of dollars, so they wont get any $400 from me Smiley

And that is exactly why they will put a stop to this one of these days. You screwed up, you owe for what you agreed to.  Roll Eyes

I know i screwed up, but what do you expect from me? Man im 20years old and have no job and no income, all I do is being active here trying to find stuff at and just trying to survive. Where would i get $400?  It will come back to me some day and then I will pay. But as of now i would prefer if they blocked my account and sent me a bill that I can pay for later.
Activity: 519
Merit: 253

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Is it normal to get booted from the server for no reason? The miner just suddenly stops running then I need to relogin and redo all the instructions like installing etc. ??

I am using th Java based login and keep getting connection timeout after a few hours

... edit ...

wtf - they just terminated my instance for no reason ?? Why would that be the case ?
Can anyone explain how to connect to my instance on putty? its not working when i try

Select instance and click Connect on top.

Then read what it says there to connect.  Smiley
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Can anyone explain how to connect to my instance on putty? its not working when i try
Activity: 14
I believe I went razor-thin with this method, hehehehehe Grin Cheesy
EDIT: Bad picture! It didn't show everything as intended, sorry  Undecided
Code:
Summary 	Amount
AWS Service Charges $0.00
Details Total
AWS Service Charges $0.00
Data Transfer $0.00
US West (Oregon) Region Usage 
AWS Data Transfer USW2-USE1-AWS-In-Bytes
$0.00 per GB - US West (Oregon) data transfer from US East (Northern Virginia) 0.005 GB $0.00
Total: $0.00
AWS Data Transfer USW2-USE1-AWS-Out-Bytes
$0.000 per GB - data transfer out under the monthly global free tier 0.000052 GB $0.00
Bandwidth
$0.000 per GB - data transfer in per month 0.008 GB $0.00
$0.000 per GB - data transfer out under the monthly global free tier 0.013 GB $0.00
Region Total: $0.00
Elastic Compute Cloud $0.00
US East (Northern Virginia) Region Usage 
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud running Linux/UNIX
$2.400 per c3.8xlarge Linux/UNIX instance-hour (or partial hour) 1 Hrs $2.40
Total: $2.40
EBS
$0.00 for the first 2 million I/O requests under monthly free tier 5,355 IOs $0.00
$0.00 per GB-month of provisioned storage under monthly free tier 0.011 GB-Mo $0.00
Region Total: $2.40
US West (Oregon) Region  
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud running Linux/UNIX
MRK_11_2013_IntelPowerof60 0 ($87.91)
Total: ($87.91)
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud running Linux/UNIX Spot Instances
Cluster Compute Eight Extra Large (cc2.8xlarge) Linux/UNIX Spot Instance-hour in US West (Oregon) in VPC Zone #4 338 Hrs $85.51
Total: $85.51
EBS
$0.00 for the first 2 million I/O requests under monthly free tier 93,742 IOs $0.00
$0.00 per GB-month of provisioned storage under monthly free tier 3.978 GB-Mo $0.00
Region Total: ($2.40)
Simple Notification Service $0.00
EU (Ireland) Region Usage 
Amazon Simple Notification Service EU-Requests-Tier1
First 1,000,000 Amazon SNS API Requests per month are free 2 Requests $0.00
US East (Northern Virginia) Region  
Amazon Simple Notification Service Requests-Tier1
First 1,000,000 Amazon SNS API Requests per month are free 27 Requests $0.00
US West (Northern California) Region  
Amazon Simple Notification Service USW1-Requests-Tier1
First 1,000,000 Amazon SNS API Requests per month are free 2 Requests $0.00
US West (Oregon) Region  
Amazon Simple Notification Service USW2-Requests-Tier1
First 1,000,000 Amazon SNS API Requests per month are free 92 Requests $0.00
GST to be collected $0.00
GST for Usage Charges and Recurring Fees $0.00
GST for New Purchases and Adjustments $0.00
US Sales Tax to be collected $0.00
USD Tax for Usage Charges and Recurring Fees $0.00
USD Tax for New Purchases and Adjustments $0.00
VAT to be collected $0.00
VAT for Usage Charges and Recurring Fees $0.00
VAT for New Purchases and Adjustments $0.00
Damn i forgot to put keypair, how to i put it on the instance i got already?
you need to do a spot request and limit it to 0.27, otherwise you agree to pay whatever they charge...

I panicked and terminated all my spot instances, I realised there are charges for data transfer + other fees too even though I limited it to $0.30

Meanwhile, Im waiting for the bill to come up (until now), so I can verify the bills

Data charges are usually much lower than spot.

Hampuz, you ran regular Instances, not Spot. Those cost 2.4 per hour each ...

Can you also comfirm that there are only charges for the spot instances ? (No data xfer charges or other misc charges)?

should be alright, i only saw that price and then Taxes, but thats probably cus it came to such a high value.
how do i connect to my server? where do i see the ip?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
you need to do a spot request and limit it to 0.27, otherwise you agree to pay whatever they charge...

I panicked and terminated all my spot instances, I realised there are charges for data transfer + other fees too even though I limited it to $0.30

Meanwhile, Im waiting for the bill to come up (until now), so I can verify the bills

Oh, Sweet. Haha this just became very not awesome.

You freaked me out. Lesson learnt I guess, the price difference is 10 times. Now you understand my fear, AWS is too complicated for most of us noobs

Can you also comfirm that there are only charges for the spot instances ? (No data xfer charges or other misc charges)?

Oh, Sweet. Haha this just became very not awesome.

Im having all my instances in Oregon, been running all 20 of them for about 14hours now. I cant seem to come up with the same number as they are, so Ill definetely ask them for a closer look at the bill. But $400 for 14hours? does not seem so legit.

Pages:
Jump to: