Pages:
Author

Topic: Free $100 Amazon EC2 Credit for CPU mining Photoshares or anything else... - page 9. (Read 20379 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
these are not spot prices, don't confuse people

You have to select Correct linux to see cc2.8xlarge.. try Amazon linux HVM
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
I think cc2 instances have been discontinued. See the current amazon EC2 pricelist:

computeCurrentGen
c3.large    $0.032 per Hour   $0.104 per Hour
c3.xlarge    $0.064 per Hour   $0.207 per Hour
c3.2xlarge    $0.128 per Hour   $0.414 per Hour
c3.4xlarge    $0.257 per Hour   $0.828 per Hour
c3.8xlarge    $2.5 per Hour   $1.656 per Hour
computePreviousGen
c1.medium    $0.028 per Hour   $0.08 per Hour
c1.xlarge    $0.112 per Hour   $0.32 per Hour
cc2.8xlarge    $0.253 per Hour   N/A*

http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/spot-instances/#7

$2.5 per hour is freaking expensive for 32 cores.
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
cc2.8xlarge instances are not in the Compute Optimized section. I see only c1 and c3. c3 had 32 cores, but is much more expensive than your example.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
is it better to do primecoin or protoshares in ypool?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
It just came back. I've not mined there before but I noticed an alarm icon at the to pright that if you click on it it says:

ypool is currently running on a backup server. 100% uptime cannot be guaranteed.

So guess they are having some issues.

Yes, they are! I talked to one of the staff a few hours ago and they know there's something going on! I couldn't register there to create a worker.
What are you guys entering into "Company" field? Can you just make that up?

I put "None"
Activity: 119
What are you guys entering into "Company" field? Can you just make that up?
Activity: 519
Merit: 253
It just came back. I've not mined there before but I noticed an alarm icon at the to pright that if you click on it it says:

ypool is currently running on a backup server. 100% uptime cannot be guaranteed.

So guess they are having some issues.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
Thanks, a side note, every action i perform on ypool requires a relogin, for example i press add worker, it ask me to login again
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I was wondering what's up was trying to figure out how to open an account to try this Smiley
Looks like ypool just went down.  Sad
This is working great for me! Thanks for the tutorial and credit links!

I'd also like to know this:

Would you also add the items to be deleted to prevent further billing? Cheesy My experience was that with Amazon, it's too easy to incur billing just because one item fails to be deleted

To make sure everything is removed, go to Spot requests and cancel all.
Then go to Instances and Terminate all of them.
Then go to AIM and De-register. Also check Snapshots and Volumes, and if you see something there, delete those as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
TECHNOLOGY, BABY!
This is working great for me! Thanks for the tutorial and credit links!

I'd also like to know this:

Would you also add the items to be deleted to prevent further billing? Cheesy My experience was that with Amazon, it's too easy to incur billing just because one item fails to be deleted
Anyone else is having troubles trying to create an account @ ypool.net? Seriously! It must be an error, because it says an account has been created from my IP, but I've changed my IP three times and still this error pops up! Help!
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
I am finding shares but they do not show up on ypool under my account for some reason. What am I missing? Any ideas?

Never mind, found a typo.

Great! Enjoy!
I am finding shares but they do not show up on ypool under my account for some reason. What am I missing? Any ideas?

Shares usually show up right away, yPool is very fast with showing shares.
On yPool website, did you select the correct coin in the dropdown?

Never mind, found a typo.
as far as profits, mileage may vary. I mined around 20PTS coins over 18 hours...
at current exchange rate: 20 * 0.01 = 0.2 BTC or ~ $160 at current exchange rate...

If for $100 credit you mined $160 worth of PTS, why have you stopped!?

I suppose that to continue you need to actually pay to use the servers, then the return will be less depending on how much the servers cost to run.

Yes, i don't think i want to risk that much since PTS/BTC price still flunctuates a lot. On Free credit I don't care Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: