Pages:
Author

Topic: Free $100 Amazon EC2 Credit for CPU mining Photoshares or anything else... - page 7. (Read 20379 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Is ypool down again?
Yep, it looks like it's that situation, again  Undecided I wonder if AWS would keep on charging per hour,  even after no network activity... Huh
Activity: 519
Merit: 253
Is ypool down again?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
If the client reboots and I login via PuTTY, should a regular mining log be appearing?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Lets say I do not create 20 instances and let them run for 19 hours, how will I know the charges? Will they appear in billing when instance is terminated, or do I have to wait until the end of the month? Is there any way to see current charges, as in do spot instances have the same billing cycles as normal instances? Wouldnt it be too late as I wont know when credits are used?

they show up id bill details after a few hours. You have to expand the list to see credit applied Wink
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
Lets say I do not create 20 instances and let them run for 19 hours, how will I know the charges? Will they appear in billing when instance is terminated, or do I have to wait until the end of the month? Is there any way to see current charges, as in do spot instances have the same billing cycles as normal instances? Wouldnt it be too late as I wont know when credits are used?
YPool is down again, seems like cc3.8 spot instances prices are 0.8 + in AP-Jap , any idea whats the performance diff between cc2 and cc3 ?
Amazon doesn't like me, been waiting for 30 minutes Sad((
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Works like a dream !!!

PTS shares going craaaaazy !!

Thanks mate
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
miner is in root directory
Activity: 175
I'm getting a permission denied whenever I create an instance then ssh into it and try to do ./miner -o ypool.net -u user -p x -t 32 m512

What am I doing wrong?
Activity: 210
I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers
Then yeah , something must not be right with your account. You may have to contact them to find out why. (I just created another one as a test at .255 and it worked fine)

Is your free credit showing up?
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
Added three requests in each zone, still nothing active, all pending-fulfillment.
But I pay more that the current price. Should the system not kick out people who are paying a lower price than me? Even when I've offered $1/h no instance became active.
I am not sure how the rules work to be honest. I would consider it more of an issue in the way the balancing is done (which is where specifying helps). Spots can be frustrating to get up and running at times.
not one cc2 instance became active in oregon. Sad
Sometimes the zones can get over subscribed (i.e. Run out of free instances ). One way to try and get around this is to specify a single availability zone. i.e. Try launching 4 instances in "us-west-2c". This is selected by choosing the related subnet when you put in the price.

But I pay more that the current price. Should the system not kick out people who are paying a lower price than me? Even when I've offered $1/h no instance became active.
Sometimes the zones can get over subscribed (i.e. Run out of free instances ). One way to try and get around this is to specify a single availability zone. i.e. Try launching 4 instances in "us-west-2c". This is selected by choosing the related subnet when you put in the price.

Activity: 203
I get stuck on this step:

4. Make miner start after reboot...
sudo crontab -e

Add the following line to crontab:
@reboot /PATH_to_JHProtominer/jhprotominer -O ypool.net -u username.worker -p password -t 32

They do not run on reboot or startup..... whats going on here?

If I reboot the instance I can clearly see it is not running as a miner

If you posted that verbatim it's not going to work...

should be something like:

@reboot /home/ec2-user/jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-core2/linux64-core2-1024M/jhprotominer -u username.worker -p password -t 32

confirm that the full path command works via command line first, that it shows up on ypool, then edit your crontab.  then reboot your server, and confirm it shows up again in ypool (takes a couple of minutes to reboot).  then you have a good working instance you can make an image from.

Okay, so I have it confirmed that's the full file path and it runs when I just type that into the command line. I have it saved in crontab with the @reboot, but it doesn't seem to be starting after a reboot. Any ideas what I may have done wrong? This is the code I'm using.

@reboot /home/ec2-user/jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-core2/linux64-core2-1024M/jhprotominer -O ypool.net -u user -p x -t 32

Edit - caught a typo....fixing and trying again. Ha!
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
as far as profits, mileage may vary. I mined around 20PTS coins over 18 hours...
at current exchange rate: 20 * 0.01 = 0.2 BTC or ~ $160 at current exchange rate...

If for $100 credit you mined $160 worth of PTS, why have you stopped!?

I suppose that to continue you need to actually pay to use the servers, then the return will be less depending on how much the servers cost to run.

Yes, i don't think i want to risk that much since PTS/BTC price still flunctuates a lot. On Free credit I don't care Smiley
So you can make about $80 a day but don't fancy it?  I haven't been following PTS but assume that means the difficulty went up...
all of them pretty much right away .254

this is how it looks for me since ages:

http://www7.pic-upload.de/25.11.13/n57ujqg451jd.jpg

Activity: 224
Hah, I just did it all manually, took about 10 minutes.  Thank though, I need some more linux practice :p.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I get stuck on this step:

4. Make miner start after reboot...
sudo crontab -e

Add the following line to crontab:
@reboot /PATH_to_JHProtominer/jhprotominer -O ypool.net -u username.worker -p password -t 32

They do not run on reboot or startup..... whats going on here?

If I reboot the instance I can clearly see it is not running as a miner

If you posted that verbatim it's not going to work...

should be something like:

@reboot /home/ec2-user/jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-core2/linux64-core2-1024M/jhprotominer -u username.worker -p password -t 32

confirm that the full path command works via command line first, that it shows up on ypool, then edit your crontab.  then reboot your server, and confirm it shows up again in ypool (takes a couple of minutes to reboot).  then you have a good working instance you can make an image from.
Pages:
Jump to: