Pages:
Author

Topic: Free $100 Amazon EC2 Credit for CPU mining Photoshares or anything else... - page 5. (Read 20379 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
you need to do a spot request and limit it to 0.27, otherwise you agree to pay whatever they charge...
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
How much did you put for the max price
How many instances are u running?  700 shares per hour for each instance or all instances?

Running 20instances.  Not getting 700shares per hour, but 750+ coll/instance/m.   Averaging about 185shares/hour so a total of around 3600shares/hour

I have been running 5 instances with same averages for almost 24 hours and only got 4 pts, with the credits left i would probably only get 10 pts in total, dont tell me ypool is a pplns pool? I totally forgot to check that

I think its PPS payments.. Anyways, has something come up on your billing? Since mine now says I owe $300dollars, something must have gone terribly wrong here..

Check this out:

Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud running Linux/UNIX
$2.400 per Cluster Compute Eight Extra Large Instance (cc2.8xlarge) instance-hour (or partial hour)   172 Hrs   $412.80
MRK_11_2013_IntelPowerof60   0   ($100.00)
Total:   $312.80

Holy shit, did you check the zones ur instances are in? How long have you been mining?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
How many instances are u running?  700 shares per hour for each instance or all instances?

Running 20instances.  Not getting 700shares per hour, but 750+ coll/instance/m.   Averaging about 185shares/hour so a total of around 3600shares/hour

I have been running 5 instances with same averages for almost 24 hours and only got 4 pts, with the credits left i would probably only get 10 pts in total, dont tell me ypool is a pplns pool? I totally forgot to check that

I think its PPS payments.. Anyways, has something come up on your billing? Since mine now says I owe $300dollars, something must have gone terribly wrong here..

Check this out:

Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud running Linux/UNIX
$2.400 per Cluster Compute Eight Extra Large Instance (cc2.8xlarge) instance-hour (or partial hour)   172 Hrs   $412.80
MRK_11_2013_IntelPowerof60   0   ($100.00)
Total:   $312.80
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Well mine is just pending evaluation forever, what am i doing wrong? tried 0.4 as the price but still the same so how do i get this servers?

All of my instances is running at a minimum of 750.  I see alot of posts here saying theirs are around 400-500,  Have i gotten it all wrong or is it something else?

Anyways im making about 1 PTS/Hour, Pretty good i think since 20 x 0.253 = ~ $5 and with PTS being just around $8 its almost a profit of $3 / hour.  So might just continue this until difficulty goes up too much!

Thanks for the guide!

-Hampuz

How many instances are u running?  700 shares per hour for each instance or all instances?
This works for me.

I cannot seem to get the cronjob to run at reboot, and I'm not able to replicate the first instance to reproduce it 19 times (so that they will all run automatically upon replication). I'm very new to all of this.

However, I resolved these problems by writing the commands as a script when the instance is created. I put this script in the "User Data" field of the Instance details in the Amazon control panel when creating an instance. When each instance is populated, it executes the "User Data" script automatically and each time - so getting the cron job to work, etc, doesn't matter anymore.

Code:
#! /bin/bash
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfzpxjk0wexu82b/jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-core2.tgz
tar zxvf jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-core2.tgz
cd jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-core2
cd linux64-core2-1024M
./jhprotominer -O ypool.net -u username -p password -t 32 -A

the -A flag also produces a speed boost for me (ties each thread to the core). I also had success with upping the RAM to 2048 and doing a -t of 29 (otherwise RAM would exceed what the instance allowed and would then crash). Both of these produced speed improvements over the standard parameters in the original post. I suspect if you could run two instances of jhprotominer, one with 29 threads and 2048MB ram, the other with 2 threads at 512MB would get highest production while staying within the upper limit of 60.5GB usage for the instance (512MB mining thread is as ideal as 1GB in a crunch).

My share value per hour on ypool for each miner stays between 170 and 200 shares per hour. I haven't checked the collisions/minute recently, but they were in the mid and upper 400s, peaking at low 500s.

Its marginally profitable for me at current difficulty.

*edit* a BIG thanks to OP. Great tutorial and execution and idea. Thanks!

Mind sharing the 2gb ram config?
All of my instances is running at a minimum of 750.  I see alot of posts here saying theirs are around 400-500,  Have i gotten it all wrong or is it something else?

Anyways im making about 1 PTS/Hour, Pretty good i think since 20 x 0.253 = ~ $5 and with PTS being just around $8 its almost a profit of $3 / hour.  So might just continue this until difficulty goes up too much!

Thanks for the guide!

-Hampuz
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
As Ypool is constantly going down, you could try quarkcoins.  They are up about 1500% over the last few days.
I found this pool to be the best: http://qrk.coinmine.pl/index.php no wobbles or downtime since I have used it.

Then for linux:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install autotools git libcurl-dev libjansson-de automake  (you might have to install each separately, I know I do)
sudo wget http://stonefoz.myfastmail.com/cpuminer-quark.zip
sudo unzip cpuminer-quark.zip
cd cpuminer-quark
sudo CFLAGS="-O3 -msse2" ./configure
sudo make
sudo strip minerd
sudo ./minerd -a quark -o stratum+tcp://qrk.coinmine.pl:6010 -u yourusername.yourworkername -p yourworkerpassword

Let me know how you get on.

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
This works for me.

I cannot seem to get the cronjob to run at reboot, and I'm not able to replicate the first instance to reproduce it 19 times (so that they will all run automatically upon replication). I'm very new to all of this.

However, I resolved these problems by writing the commands as a script when the instance is created. I put this script in the "User Data" field of the Instance details in the Amazon control panel when creating an instance. When each instance is populated, it executes the "User Data" script automatically and each time - so getting the cron job to work, etc, doesn't matter anymore.

Code:
#! /bin/bash
wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfzpxjk0wexu82b/jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-core2.tgz
tar zxvf jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-core2.tgz
cd jhprotominer-yvg1900-M7ff-linux64-core2
cd linux64-core2-1024M
./jhprotominer -O ypool.net -u username -p password -t 32 -A

the -A flag also produces a speed boost for me (ties each thread to the core). I also had success with upping the RAM to 2048 and doing a -t of 29 (otherwise RAM would exceed what the instance allowed and would then crash). Both of these produced speed improvements over the standard parameters in the original post. I suspect if you could run two instances of jhprotominer, one with 29 threads and 2048MB ram, the other with 2 threads at 512MB would get highest production while staying within the upper limit of 60.5GB usage for the instance (512MB mining thread is as ideal as 1GB in a crunch).

My share value per hour on ypool for each miner stays between 170 and 200 shares per hour. I haven't checked the collisions/minute recently, but they were in the mid and upper 400s, peaking at low 500s.

Its marginally profitable for me at current difficulty.

*edit* a BIG thanks to OP. Great tutorial and execution and idea. Thanks!
Activity: 310
Merit: 250
In Crypto I trust.
I've got one instance up and running.  Is it recommended to run multiple instances?  Can you use the same ypool worker on multiple instances or should I create a separate worker for each one?
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
So does billing stop after the status of the machines is "terminated"?
Activity: 364
So basically set 10 instances of the same configuration ie. run 32 cores x 10 right ?
Activity: 310
In Crypto I trust.
what are the options if it says 'capacity oversubscribed' in Oregon?  Should I try another zone?
Im at about 5 now in same amount of hours.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
So how many PTS have any of you mined so far?  Wink
I just made my account as it says in the guide but in my status, it says price-too-low. I have placed max price as 0.253

Any ideas ?

Try and take it up to 0.255 or something like that, i did it instantly since people here said there were long waiting times when putting .253, so try that and come back if it did not help.

-Hampuz

Just put it at $0.3 ++ , you will have priority , but as everyone pays the same spot pricing, you will most probably get billed $0.253 every hour like everyone else, the maximum price is just the price that they will terminate your instance if the current spot price is higher. You will never pay more then your max price, and most probably you will always pay $0.25 +
I just made my account as it says in the guide but in my status, it says price-too-low. I have placed max price as 0.253

Any ideas ?

Try and take it up to 0.255 or something like that, i did it instantly since people here said there were long waiting times when putting .253, so try that and come back if it did not help.

-Hampuz
Pages:
Jump to: