Pages:
Author

Topic: Free $100 Amazon EC2 Credit for CPU mining Photoshares or anything else... - page 6. (Read 20379 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I just made my account as it says in the guide but in my status, it says price-too-low. I have placed max price as 0.253

Any ideas ?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
No, I think I've got something wrong since you are getting more than me ^^
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
Well spot instances are actually excess capacity, therefore your mileage may vary, wait a few hours for the shares per hour to stabilize, im getting about 180+ on each of my 5 instances

Do you use the cc2 instance that he recommended in the guide?

Yup, why? Should i be getting more shares per hour?
Activity: 140
Well spot instances are actually excess capacity, therefore your mileage may vary, wait a few hours for the shares per hour to stabilize, im getting about 180+ on each of my 5 instances

Do you use the cc2 instance that he recommended in the guide?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
The share value per hour varies wildly between my different processing instances. Is there any way to optimize the process?
Lets say I do not create 20 instances and let them run for 19 hours, how will I know the charges? Will they appear in billing when instance is terminated, or do I have to wait until the end of the month? Is there any way to see current charges, as in do spot instances have the same billing cycles as normal instances? Wouldnt it be too late as I wont know when credits are used?

they show up id bill details after a few hours. You have to expand the list to see credit applied Wink

So i have to actually terminate them for the bill to appear in a few hours time? Because my instances have been running for 12hours and billing still says $0 and credits still $100
If the client reboots and I login via PuTTY, should a regular mining log be appearing?

no, you can run "top" to see the cpu usage though

Thanks, are the 'kworker' entries the miner processes?
Also, after editing my crontab, do I press ESC, type ':x', ENTER to save it or is there another syntax when doing this in PuTTY?
I apologize if these questions seem silly; I have very little Linux experience.

After modifying, press esc key and type :wq, this writes to file and quits vim editor, you can do a sudo crontab -l to double check

Yes, that's what I did eventually.
Thanks for responding though Smiley
If the client reboots and I login via PuTTY, should a regular mining log be appearing?

Also, after editing my crontab, do I press ESC, type ':x', ENTER to save it or is there another syntax when doing this in PuTTY?

After modifying, press esc key and type :wq, this writes to file and quits vim editor, you can do a sudo crontab -l to double check

No, should be jhphotominer...
Search "vi" editor key shortcuts.

Thanks yuri; it's working flawlessly now! Cheesy
Activity: 14
I have an Amazon 100.00 credit for ec2, but I am completely dumb when it comes to this stuff.  Help, in words a child could understand?
Oh, no, no, no... That's the wrong approach when it comes to trying to get into virtual currency mining! You need to ask specific questions, because if someone would have to explain everything related to this, it'd be a time-consuming task. So, please, ask specific questions. You'd definitely get more answers that way! Wink
Activity: 224
I just worry a bit about crazy charges as they do not show hourly usage or update it regularly like Digital Ocean.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Looks like capacity is oversubscribed
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Is ypool down again?
Yep, it looks like it's that situation, again  Undecided I wonder if AWS would keep on charging per hour,  even after no network activity... Huh

They will not miss charging you, network activity or not. Nothing on the ypool twitter account either.  Sad

It is possible to set up alarms though.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
YPool is down again, seems like cc3.8 spot instances prices are 0.8 + in AP-Jap , any idea whats the performance diff between cc2 and cc3 ?

There is very little difference in performance. Do not pay 0.80 for this, you will lose money. It is roughly break even for cc2. In fact other than the $100 free credit there is no real reason do this at current prices unless you really want to put money into PTS.

Activity: 42
I have an Amazon 100.00 credit for ec2, but I am completely dumb when it comes to this stuff.  Help, in words a child could understand?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10

No, should be jhphotominer...
Search "vi" editor key shortcuts.

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Activity: 519
Merit: 253
Is ypool down again?
Yep, it looks like it's that situation, again  Undecided I wonder if AWS would keep on charging per hour,  even after no network activity... Huh

They will not miss charging you, network activity or not. Nothing on the ypool twitter account either.  Sad
Pages:
Jump to: