Pages:
Author

Topic: FS: PCI-Express Extender Cables(w/ Molex)*GPU Dummy Plugs*PSU Adapters - page 4. (Read 83031 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
hello,

i have a few questions about these cables... would i be able to plug the x1 PCIe -> x1 PCIe entender into a x16 port and still have the same OCing capability? or would that decrease my OC... also, you say that the extensions with the molex cable is for dual GPU cards and systems running more than 4 GPUs... without the molex cable on a 5 GPU system would the power be unstable? or what is the point if all the cards require additional power cables as well?

thank you in advance
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
I would like to just add a "props" to Cablesaurus:

I made a very normal, and small order for a product, but for some reason the product sent to me was incorrect. I contacted them on their website and they immediately sent me a response informing me of the corrective actions, and even going above and beyond IMO by sending a pre-paid envelope to return the wrong item.

I figured I'd give info to those out there to know how these folks handle customer service when mistakes are made. Great job!
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Are you having these custom made? Would there be a possiblity of getting a PCIe x1 to PCI-X converter? Its not bitcoin related but I do need one for a RAID controller.

I'll definitely check into this for you and send you a PM.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Excellent Service. I ordered from Canada and USPS did not update for 4 weeks. I let Joe of Cablesaurus know about it, and he offered to ship me replacements, only charging shipping. Later the same day I check my mail, and there they were. I quickly let him know that they had arrived, and was given a refund for the shipping I had earlier paid.

Excellent retailer, recommended.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
Are you having these custom made? Would there be a possiblity of getting a PCIe x1 to PCI-X converter? Its not bitcoin related but I do need one for a RAID controller.
STP
Activity: 47
Merit: 12
Ordered a couple days ago using bitcoin as payment and got my extenders today  Grin Thanks Cablesaurus!
Activity: 302
We are pleased to annouce that x1->x16, x4->x16, x8->x16 adapter cables are now offered as fully slotted cables, as opposed to machine cut modified, for the same price as always. Check out the front page of this thread for all the new pictures and links.
Activity: 362
This place is awesome!

great communication, fast shipping, good packaging, quality cables, decent prices
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
Great service, fast shipping, solid communication. Cables work great -thanks!
Activity: 134
Thanks for the info!

On a different note,

Thank you for the fast refund - i originally ordered a pci 1x to pci 16x cable but found out i didn't need it and so i sent out an email to see if i can cancel. quick refund and turn around!
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
Can someone explain to me what the SATA -> 6-Pin PCIe Adapter Cable does? I do mean... when i plug in a graphics card then it powers up...? Or am i misunderstanding the explaination? since I thought graphics cards needs to be plugged into the mobo to work...?
SATA ->6 Pin PCIe cable helps you draw power from SATA male connector which comes with PSU.
PSU->SATA male -> SATA female ->6 Pin PCIe ->12v

Activity: 798
Sent them an email earlier asking if they'd be willing to post me a cable via Fedex or UPS rather than USPS as I'm in a pretty big hurry for one (USPS is very flaky when delivering to Australia).   Fingers crossed they can help me out Smiley

Well, can't fault the service I received  Smiley  More than willing to help me out with various options after many an email back and forth.   Thanks a lot guys, great to see Smiley
Activity: 134
Can someone explain to me what the SATA -> 6-Pin PCIe Adapter Cable does? I do mean... when i plug in a graphics card then it powers up...? Or am i misunderstanding the explaination? since I thought graphics cards needs to be plugged into the mobo to work...?
Activity: 798
Sent them an email earlier asking if they'd be willing to post me a cable via Fedex or UPS rather than USPS as I'm in a pretty big hurry for one (USPS is very flaky when delivering to Australia).   Fingers crossed they can help me out Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
I'm a bit disappointed in Cablesaurus.

I must say, for a business that depends on the Bitcoin mining world, they don't seem to be doing much to promote direct Bitcoin spending.

They are only paying 12.14 for BTC, when the Mt. Gox price is actually 13.51!

So they're giving you 90% of the actual value of your BTC.

Sure, they accept Bitcoins -- but they should be PROMOTING Bitcoin use by giving you 105% or 110% of their value -- not 90%!

WRONG. DIRECTION.

I'm sure many others besides me have said this -- if we business owners want to be free of the shackles of Visa/MC/Paypal, we're going to have to help Bitcoin off the ground. Giving customers 10% off would go a long way toward that goal.

Not charging them 10% more!  People will never use Bitcoins if every business does this. I actually mine BTC, but I'd never spend them if I got 10% less goods with them vs. cash.

Bad form whinging here. Start your own service if you don't like it ....
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!

I must say, for a business that depends on the Bitcoin mining world, they don't seem to be doing much to promote direct Bitcoin spending.

Sure, they accept Bitcoins -- but they should be PROMOTING Bitcoin use by giving you 105% or 110% of their value -- not 90%!

WRONG. DIRECTION.

I'm sure many others besides me have said this -- if we business owners want to be free of the shackles of Visa/MC/Paypal, we're going to have to help Bitcoin off the ground. Giving customers 10% off would go a long way toward that goal.

Not charging them 10% more!  People will never use Bitcoins if every business does this. I actually mine BTC, but I'd never spend them if I got 10% less goods with them vs. cash.

I think they're hedging against currency fluctuations... this is the easiest way to "protect" against a drop. but, don't take this as me defending them...
Activity: 392

WRONG. DIRECTION.

Activity: 193
Got a refund, now i'll use only shipment with tracking options.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Hey, Cablesaurus!

I'm thinking... make this product sized so that people in standard ATX 19" cases can squeeze 3x proper gfx cards on a mobo with 1x PCIe x16 and 2x PCIe x1.

This would mean working very hard to minimize the required lower clearance between connector and card. From the images you're putting out currently, what you've got works nicely with a 5U chassis.... WHICH IS NOT ACCEPTABLE Wink

Any chance of an extremely slim left-angle board that would allow the adapted card to plug into an adapter crammed between a PCI and a PCIe slot?
any word on this?  I'd like one or two!
Activity: 148
bought 2 x1 extenders and a pci-pcix adapter.  Fast shipping and easy BTC payment.  Thanks!!
Pages:
Jump to: