Pages:
Author

Topic: FS: PCI-Express Extender Cables(w/ Molex)*GPU Dummy Plugs*PSU Adapters - page 6. (Read 83031 times)

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
if i use 4 5870, would i still need a riser cable with the molex power? i know that's starting to push the limits

Hey haploid: With 4 no you would not. With 5+ it would be a good idea.
well would it be a good idea to use the additional molex anyways? because these are one of the higher end 5xxx series, and i'll be overclocking them. is this one of those things that are "better safe than sorry?"
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
if i use 4 5870, would i still need a riser cable with the molex power? i know that's starting to push the limits

Hey haploid: With 4 no you would not. With 5+ it would be a good idea.
legendary
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
dual psu adapter cable i would have wanted with my purchase ,  i will have to wait now and see how much this costs to decide

Jen
Announcement:
Working on adding the following new products and updating pictures on www.cablesaurus.com, pictures will start going up today. Some highlights:

PCI->PCIe Converter Card (Yes, this will run your card at full speed converted from a PCI slot. You can even use an extender between this riser and your GPU!)
PCIe x4 Extender Cables
PCIe x4 -> x16 Adapter Extender Cables
PCIe x4 -> x16 Adapter Extender Cables w/ Molex
PCIe x8 Extender Cables
PCIe x8 -> x16 Adapter Extender Cables
PCIe x8 -> x16 Adapter Extender Cables w/ Molex
Dual PSU Dummy Plugs
Dual PSU Adapter Cables
PSU Adapter Cables (Molex -> PCIe, SATA -> PCIe, 2xMolex -> PCIe)
Kill-a-Watt Meters
High Power Fans
DVI Dummy Plugs

Please bear with the site for a day or so, as I'm working to correct some things with the layout.
Shakaru and myself are working together to investigate and resolve his issue, the source of the issue is not determined as to what variable was the root cause. Hundreds of all types of cables are currently in use by the mining community. There is no "statistical rate of failure" for any product, this would be an erroneous statement. Everyone's miners are unique and any investigation must be treated as such.

Please send all inquiries regarding placed orders to me at [email protected]. Be as specific and in depth as possible. Please know that as passing forum posts can sometimes be unfortunately missed or get buried under subsequent posts, at this time the only guaranteed method of obtaining an order inquiry response will be to submit communication via e-mail or PM.

(For general product information, the forum and e-mail are both great tools for myself or other helpful folks in the community to point you in the right direction on what you may need.)

As many can attest I have every desire to help with customer questions. For everyone's benefit I must standardize in order to accurately track time sensitive communication. Please rest assured you will receive prompt attention.

Thanks much!
Activity: 98
Merit: 13
 I recently ordered a cable from https://cablesaurus.com/ . I waited patiantly for as long as I could (a bit more than a week) and then decided something was wrong. I wrote an email asking what was up. Joe got back to me quickly and when he was satisfied that something had gone wrong sent out another package express mail. A few days go by and then one package shows up, followed by the other a day after that.

Here is the point. Joe knew that he had sent the first package. His part of the deal was done with. But because he knew that something was up he made sure that I was going to get what I paid for. Now its obvious that there was a problem with the shipper but Joe went out of his way to make up for that. That is the reason to go with https://cablesaurus.com/ customer service.

10/10
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I bought 7 cables and 4 seem to be working excellently. I wont know about the other 3 until my next rig is completed, but I am very satisfied with the cables and the service I received. Thanks Joe!
legendary
i ordered two, and i'm quite impressed with the shipping. i expected to get it like a week later, but i got it in like 2, i think 3 day.

however, i think there's a problem with one of the cables. when using both, one of the GPUs didn't work and i thought it was the motherboard acting up. i took out all the cards and plugged each in one by one and in individual slots, then also tried this with the cable and it turns out one of them had a problem. the other one works great. i'm curious about the lemon rate on these, because stories like what shakaru kinda scares me
Qed: Initially we'd received what was supposed to be a switchable meter which has not had the load capacity expected. I'm actually working on replacing these with 2 different models and have removed them from the store a few days ago.
qed
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Kill-A-Watt Universal Power Meter:
Bitcoin, Dwolla & Paypal Store Link: https://cablesaurus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=20&zenid=dd3b87df740be098bf8e602df3c9d3ee
* This watt meter supports both domestic U.S. and international outlet prong styles

This seems misleading to me. There are 2 different hardware version of that meter, for 110V and 220V. Both have the same layout as well as the same "plug holes", but you can't use the 110V on a 220V line and the other way.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
I've found 2 cables works on some boards... and oddly not on others. Thanks for the suggestions.

Interesting, I just assumed it wouldn't work after a friend of mine tested and got loads of stability issues with the card. Maybe I can squeeze another card in somewhere after all then if I'm lucky >_>
My cable has worked wonderfully for the past few weeks and hopefully there will be many more to come. Thanks for the prompt shipping!

Unfortunately I probably won't be ordering any more cables as I can't find a decent card at a good price to justify expanding my operation Cry

I just wanted to suggest for you to look into making a longer cable. I realize that the 19cm is the longest it can be made without degrading the signal quality, but If hashing works fine with a pci -> pcie (max bandwidth of 2 gbit vs 4 gbit for pcie 1x) then this may work without a performance penalty. I would test this myself by plugging one cable into another and see how it performs, but I only have one cable...

I've found 2 cables works on some boards... and oddly not on others. Thanks for the suggestions.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
My cable has worked wonderfully for the past few weeks and hopefully there will be many more to come. Thanks for the prompt shipping!

Unfortunately I probably won't be ordering any more cables as I can't find a decent card at a good price to justify expanding my operation Cry

I just wanted to suggest for you to look into making a longer cable. I realize that the 19cm is the longest it can be made without degrading the signal quality, but If hashing works fine with a pci -> pcie (max bandwidth of 2 gbit vs 4 gbit for pcie 1x) then this may work without a performance penalty. I would test this myself by plugging one cable into another and see how it performs, but I only have one cable...
I'm very sorry to hear that. If the cable was running for a time without issue then perhaps at some point the joint was damaged or bent sharply causing the fluctuations. Continuity is tested on each cable before being shipped and hundreds of cables have been shipped & are in use without issue. There are a lot of things that can cause load fluctuations possibly unrelated to the cable itself. I've PMed you with specifics to help analyze. Please get back to me when you've a chance, I'll be glad to work with you as closely as possible.

Regarding order questions, please e-mail [email protected]. There is currently no backlog on orders and all cable orders have been shipped. If anyone has questions on order status drop an e-mail to reach me directly.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Damn. I'm paranoid now.
Thanks for the heads up though, hopefully it's just a statistically (%) expected failure.
Activity: 406
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
I just lost one of my motheboards due to the 1x - 16x extender. I awoke to one of my rigs stuck at bios giving a pre video error with a cosntant 6 beep. Did a bit of playing around and then ended up taking it down to the shop to see what was wrong. So the board is dead. Log shows a very long draw on the line for about 2 min with a drop in current then it zeroed across.
After running both the card and the cables on my meter, the cable was getting such random numbers I figured there has to be a short. Hooked up a second cable, fine, no problem. Back to the first. Super crazy voltage levels.

So lets see. Im out one workstation board here. 3 gpus are now sitting doing nothing, and I still dont know where the order I placed before the damn Mt Gox crash, but to be honest, I dont even want them if they are this bad.

Just thought you all should know

Did your adapter have the extra molex cable injected in the ribbon?

I wouldn't use one without it tbh.

Yes, and the one that didnt have it is fine.
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
I just lost one of my motheboards due to the 1x - 16x extender. I awoke to one of my rigs stuck at bios giving a pre video error with a cosntant 6 beep. Did a bit of playing around and then ended up taking it down to the shop to see what was wrong. So the board is dead. Log shows a very long draw on the line for about 2 min with a drop in current then it zeroed across.
After running both the card and the cables on my meter, the cable was getting such random numbers I figured there has to be a short. Hooked up a second cable, fine, no problem. Back to the first. Super crazy voltage levels.

So lets see. Im out one workstation board here. 3 gpus are now sitting doing nothing, and I still dont know where the order I placed before the damn Mt Gox crash, but to be honest, I dont even want them if they are this bad.

Just thought you all should know

Did your adapter have the extra molex cable injected in the ribbon?

I wouldn't use one without it tbh.
Activity: 406
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
Edit, will post results once concluded. Removed at posters request
Dual PSU Adapter Cables are now in stock! Adding pictures now.
Pages:
Jump to: