Pages:
Author

Topic: FS: PCI-Express Extender Cables(w/ Molex)*GPU Dummy Plugs*PSU Adapters - page 8. (Read 83031 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
If I already have a 6990 and 6870 running on my mobo, and want to add 3 5830's using the x1 adapters, do I need to get the molex ones or not to avoid mobo damage?

You may want to put one of the extra GPU's under a Molex cable.
Molex cables are useful for those running 5+ GPU's under one rig.

Does it matter which card I use the molex for?
Activity: 1148
Merit: 501

PCI to PCI Express Adapter Riser:
*Your card will run at full speed for mining, and you may use a PCI Express Extender cable with this riser! Perfect for those running out of slots.

AWESOME!
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
If I already have a 6990 and 6870 running on my mobo, and want to add 3 5830's using the x1 adapters, do I need to get the molex ones or not to avoid mobo damage?

You may want to put one of the extra GPU's under a Molex cable.
Molex cables are useful for those running 5+ GPU's under one rig.
New products added this morning! All posted & in stock at www.cablesaurus.com

Kill-A-Watt Meter:
* This watt meter supports both domestic U.S. and international outlet prong styles

PCI to PCI Express Adapter Riser:
*Your card will run at full speed for mining, and you may use a PCI Express Extender cable with this riser! Perfect for those running out of slots.

DVI Display Detection Dummy Plug:
* No need for an adapter, this will plug right into your card to force GPU detection
When is the PCIe x16 Extenders and the DVI to VGA Adapter going to be in stock?

Hi there,

These are in stock on the site, please let me know if you've trouble ordering
Activity: 560
Merit: 517
Just to give credit, where credit is due. One of the extenders I ordered and received last week was bad. I contacted Cablesaurus and they promptly shipped a new one. Got it today and works great.  Cheesy

So, thank you and keep up the great work!  Cool Buy things with Bitcoins is lots of fun.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
This account was a fraudulent account.
When is the PCIe x16 Extenders and the DVI to VGA Adapter going to be in stock?
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Bought 2 with express shipping. Hoping to get this week.

Quote from: AngelusWebDesign
I just "pushed harder" on both ends, tried booting again, and it worked.

Had that problem with a 6990 too; It just wouldn't detect in either Linux or Windows.
Turns out the little pci-e teeth were ~0.05m raised. Had to push them in tightly and suddenly it worked fine.

So nobody should panic if cards don't seem to work at first
Activity: 1148
Merit: 501
All cables I've ordered have arrived quickly and worked great.

Thanks.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I order some cables over the weekend but there is no confirmation email and there is no reply to email. When would it be shipped out? Invoice ID: 243-1308461686
Thanks.
So I would have to get the molex connector if I've already got 4 cards running the "normal" way and I want to add 2 more cards using these adapters?
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
why cant i buy with bitcoin?

There's a notice at the top of the page:

"Notice: Bitcoin payment temporarily disabled until exchange issues are resolved."
Activity: 392
Just to let everyone know -- the cables worked out OK.

The problem I was having? It seemed to go away when I just re-seated both ends of the cable. I guess the lesson is "Those cables have to be 100% snug; connected all the way or they don't work". It isn't like I put them on half-way or something, either -- I just "pushed harder" on both ends, tried booting again, and it worked.

So if you're having trouble, try re-seating both ends of the cable.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I want to modify one of my pci-e x1 cables so to give it power from the psu..
I see that there are 4 pins giving 12v .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express#Pinout
(A2,A3,B1,B2).
But I sow that someone re-routed 5 pins instead of 4 pins...
http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=44

Can you help me and tell me how many pins do I need to re-route?
Thank you.
Activity: 406
QUIFAS EXCHANGE
why cant i buy with bitcoin?
Some new products being added Tuesday:

* PCI -> PCIe Adapters (Which will run your card even through an extender, at full speed, from a traditional PCI slot)
* Kill-o-Watt meters

We've also recently added:

* DVI Connector GPU Dummy Plugs (Direct DVI connector)
* VGA Connector GPU Dummy Plugs
* DVI -> VGA Adapters
* Molex -> PCIe 6pin PSU adapters
* Chassis stacking kits

Pictures are on the way as well!
Canary,

Contact me via e-mail and I can arrange a replacement.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
Well with that PSU I concur that it is most likely not a PSU concern. I will assume your PCIe 6/8-pin power is marked per rail and you are connecting each 5830 to a single rail. Even if you shared a rail between two cards it probably wouldn't matter much since the alternate rail would fill in the slack.

Did you get an x16 extender with a molex power connector to supply PCIe slot power via a molex peripheral or just a standard x16 extender no molex? I didn't understand what you meant about the "molex splitter".

Something to keep in mind though when using these PSUs with multiple rails is how the rails are wired. I had to get wiring schematics from Seasonic to make sure I was balancing my loads on a dual rail PSU. The molex peripherals, CPU 12V, ATX and misc are on one rail as well as a couple PCIe 6/8-pin power cables and the other rail ran a couple more PCIe 6/8-pins.

It sounds as though you are safe on rail load balancing though. I would hope that Silverston put CPU/ATX/Peripherals all on a rail (or two) alone.

I would probably lean toward a defective extender.
Pages:
Jump to: