Pages:
Author

Topic: Game of Thrones - Who will rule? Odds and betting discussion [Odds updated!] - page 32. (Read 27539 times)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
@Hydrogen. Questions and speculations are abound if you are a fan of the series. The unpredictability and the twists we have experienced in the past shows that the author is trying to lead us one way but the truth is in the other way. Jon Snow's parentage might be different from what we were thinking. He might be a Baratheon.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
@Hydrogen. Jon Snow and Daenerys are really very closely related. Jon is really the nephew of Daenerys if the flash backs from last season really says that he is the son of Llyana Stark and Rhaegar Targeryan. But I speculate that there might be another twist to the story. Jon could also be the son of Robert Barathreon. We will have to wait for the last 2 seasons to know.

Good point. I didn't think of that. Did Targeryan's practice intermarriage with family members?

I thought about Jon being a son of Robert due to him having the "coal black" hair which seems like a dominant trait of the Baratheon family.

If Jon was Ryaegar's son, he would probably have the platinum blonde hair of Targeryans?

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
There are 2 seasons left ...
legendary
@Hydrogen. Jon Snow and Daenerys are really very closely related. Jon is really the nephew of Daenerys if the flash backs from last season really says that he is the son of Llyana Stark and Rhaegar Targeryan. But I speculate that there might be another twist to the story. Jon could also be the son of Robert Barathreon. We will have to wait for the last 2 seasons to know.
legendary
John Snow is the song of ice and fire. He will rule.
Or the drawf... Grin

"A Song of Fire and Ice," is an interesting title.

Daenerys with her dragons and immunity to fire could represent the "Fire" part.

The Night King with his ice zombies who can only exist in cold weather could be the "Ice".

Jon Snow could also be "Ice" as he's from the north which exists closer to perpetual winter.

I still think George RR Martin is angling for a Daenerys xoxo Jon Snow romance.

That's the Fire and Ice.

Cheesy
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
I am guessing that Jon and Daenerys will have an alliance and jon snow will give the throne to Daenerys  because he doesn't want to rule but he only wants to live a normal life and just want everyone to unite against the white walkers. So my answer againto  who will rule is Daenerys.
legendary
Or the drawf... Grin

I do not think Jon Snow is the fire like Daenerys is. If you remember in season 2 or was it 3 when Jon saved the then lord commander of the Night's Watch, Jon burned his hand when he threw the lamp to the undead attacking them. If he was like Daenarys, fire will not have an effect on him.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
This is my favorite t.v show all of time and can't wait for the new season to start. Now for my prediction on who will rule at the end of the series. If I was going to bet my bet would be on The Night King and the reason why is because that is how the show started which could be a hint for the future, I'm only guessing. Daenerys is too obvious so I can't see that happening and like some have said Jon Snow doesn't really want to rule and just fight white walkers. I won't be betting but good luck to the ones that are.
Activity: 850
Merit: 504
I think Daenerys will rule because John Snow doesn't want to rule, he just want to fight white walkers.
She has smartest and most manipulative guys Tyrion and Varys on her side, not to mention couple of dragons and big army.

This is what I am expecting too. I love this show and am very excited to watch again.But since it has a lot of twists in the series,this is maybe the purpose of this thread. Welcome to the Team Daenerys / Team Stark Cheesy
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Or the drawf... Grin
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
@gabmen. I was also thinking that if you consider the unpredictability of Game of Thrones, then there is a good chance that Jon Snow will not rule the seven kingdoms.

Another character in the story who is not shown last season but is still alive is Gendry. Where is he? Ned Stark had him protected because he is King Robert's true heir.

I don't think Jon Snow will rule simply because he doesn't want to rule. Besides, everybody knows that kings are usually replaced quickly by a new one and that you generally live longer if you are in a position that is not the king (like Littlefinger has done so far).

I am talking more about what George R. R, might do with the story than what the character Jon Snow is inclined to do. The writer has always made the story very unpredictable and to the point of making it shocking. Remember when Robb Stark's own allies killed him, his wife and his unborn child also named Eddard?

I get your point and i agree that with how grrm thinks, it mat not be between the characters that we're all expecting to be in the iron throne that would end up there. Hell it may even be cersei though i don't think fans would like that but i don't grrm cares. This unpredictability makes fame of thrones a lot more exciting to watch especially thia final season. And i think we may be seeing gendry at last after rowing his boat anywhere for a couple of seasons
legendary
@gabmen. I was also thinking that if you consider the unpredictability of Game of Thrones, then there is a good chance that Jon Snow will not rule the seven kingdoms.

Another character in the story who is not shown last season but is still alive is Gendry. Where is he? Ned Stark had him protected because he is King Robert's true heir.

I don't think Jon Snow will rule simply because he doesn't want to rule. Besides, everybody knows that kings are usually replaced quickly by a new one and that you generally live longer if you are in a position that is not the king (like Littlefinger has done so far).

I am talking more about what George R. R, might do with the story than what the character Jon Snow is inclined to do. The writer has always made the story very unpredictable and to the point of making it shocking. Remember when Robb Stark's own allies killed him, his wife and his unborn child also named Eddard?

Activity: 770
Merit: 254
I think Daenerys will rule because John Snow doesn't want to rule, he just want to fight white walkers.
She has smartest and most manipulative guys Tyrion and Varys on her side, not to mention couple of dragons and big army.
legendary
Well the male characters here who've died are not the same as the prominent malr characters this comih season. Also they all died in the first season which pretty much is more on the darker side where character develpment is still slow. We may very well be seeing jon snow on the iron throne with all the back stories about his lineage.

What about...

Robb Stark
Stannis Baratheon
Ramsay Bolton
Mance Rayder
Tywin Lannister
Roose Bolton
Prince Oberyn
Doran Martell(the guy in the wheelchair)
Brynden Tully
Prince Joffrey
Prince Joffrey's brother
Hodor
Jon Snow

(I'm sure I'm missing some names)

There could be a disproportionate number of male characters who are killed off while female characters survive.

Shae, Princess Myrcella and Lyssa Arryn are the only major female characters I can think of offhand who died.

Catelyn Stark may not even be dead(because spoilers).
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
You might be correct. We might have a dark ending for Game of Thrones, guessing how the mind of George R. R. Martin works. If there will be a long winter then we might see everyone from Westeros sail east under the banner of Daenerys.

You seem very knowledgeable. If I'm remembering right.

Daenereys lived longer than Khal Drogo and her brother.
Caitlyn Stark outlived her husband.
Cersei outlived King Robert.
Sansa and Arya Stark outlived their father and brother.

Most of the female characters seem to live longer and survive, while male characters have a much higher fatality rate.

If that trend does exist, do you think it will continue till the end of the series?

Well the male characters here who've died are not the same as the prominent malr characters this comih season. Also they all died in the first season which pretty much is more on the darker side where character develpment is still slow. We may very well be seeing jon snow on the iron throne with all the back stories about his lineage.
Activity: 756
Merit: 505
Never knew that you could bet on a TV show.

Oh well, as the people above me said people bet on WWE... But then betting on a TV show is just a whole other matter.

The odds certainly look good though.

Yeah, gambling games are getting weirder and weirder each day. People now want to bet on something that is already predetermined which is impossible to be a gambling game. It's like they are betting on what would be the answer to 1+1? That's getting stupid really. If this was true then for suer George RR Martin will be rich-er!

No actually...

Insider betting is strictly prohibited on most gambling events. So the athletes on WWE and the actors are forbidden to bet, although that may not be the case, after all they can avoid detection easily.

However, it is determined, but just not publicly known.

For example, the ETF decision, it was probably already determined a long time ago, just never publicly announced.

ETF decision is different from this. In the WWE games, they are predetermined and for sure they are not allowed to bet on the gambling event. But that doesn't prevent them from disclosing such facts that can be used by others to bet. This isn't "insider trading" where laws are super strict about it. There are no laws against this for sure.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Never knew that you could bet on a TV show.

Oh well, as the people above me said people bet on WWE... But then betting on a TV show is just a whole other matter.

The odds certainly look good though.

Yeah, gambling games are getting weirder and weirder each day. People now want to bet on something that is already predetermined which is impossible to be a gambling game. It's like they are betting on what would be the answer to 1+1? That's getting stupid really. If this was true then for suer George RR Martin will be rich-er!

No actually...

Insider betting is strictly prohibited on most gambling events. So the athletes on WWE and the actors are forbidden to bet, although that may not be the case, after all they can avoid detection easily.

However, it is determined, but just not publicly known.

For example, the ETF decision, it was probably already determined a long time ago, just never publicly announced.
legendary
You might be correct. We might have a dark ending for Game of Thrones, guessing how the mind of George R. R. Martin works. If there will be a long winter then we might see everyone from Westeros sail east under the banner of Daenerys.

You seem very knowledgeable. If I'm remembering right.

Daenereys lived longer than Khal Drogo and her brother.
Caitlyn Stark outlived her husband.
Cersei outlived King Robert.
Sansa and Arya Stark outlived their father and brother.

Most of the female characters seem to live longer and survive, while male characters have a much higher fatality rate.

If that trend does exist, do you think it will continue till the end of the series?
Pages:
Jump to: