Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★★ GameCredits - The future of in-game monetization ★★★ - page 34. (Read 550126 times)

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
I wonder if GAME Will break its ATH satoshi wise, within the next 2 years lol....

Falling trend for the last 6 months. More likely to continue trend than reverse.

Can you explain why it keeps falling? opinion?

I don't offer a reason for the fall, which is long and steady, having taken Game from 90th position to 120th in a few months. You can find plenty of opinion on that but most of it is difficult to verify and laborious to analyse.

As a long-time trader , I always follow the price as an indicator of whether a stock/project is succeeding or failing. With so much 'information' being ambiguous at best ,propaganda or falsehood at worst, the only real truth is in the price. Not a spike/crash or short term blip, but a steady trend shows the real direction of travel.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
We've reached out to all major exchanges and wallets to upgrade. Bittrex, BitBay, Cryptopia, HitBTC, Livecoin, and Poloniex all gave confirmation of making the upgrades (or have finished making upgrades and will activate wallets soon)

poloniex:
GAME is currently under maintenance or experiencing wallet/network issues.
Deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled until a solution is found, which may require an update from the GAME team.
Any updates must be tested and audited before enabling.

bittrex:
The last block update occurred 4883 minutes ago.

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
We've reached out to all major exchanges and wallets to upgrade. Bittrex, BitBay, Cryptopia, HitBTC, Livecoin, and Poloniex all gave confirmation of making the upgrades (or have finished making upgrades and will activate wallets soon)

poloniex.com:
GAME is currently under maintenance or experiencing wallet/network issues.
Deposits and withdrawals will remain disabled until a solution is found, which may require an update from the GAME team.
Any updates must be tested and audited before enabling.
Activity: 45
Merit: 2

We've reached out to all major exchanges and wallets to upgrade. Bittrex, BitBay, Cryptopia, HitBTC, Livecoin, and Poloniex all gave confirmation of making the upgrades (or have finished making upgrades and will activate wallets soon). We released wallet builds to our community, released our updated blockexplorer, updated our web wallet (with tens of thousands of users), and are waiting on confirmation from wallet providers (like coinomi) to confirm an upgrade. Mining pools of a similar hashpower that we've been in direct contact with have not reported the same sort of issues.

We are happy to communicate further and assist you in anyway we can. My contact is [email protected]

Hello Jack,
I've just sent an email with support request. Please check. It refers to GAME transactions sent from Yobit exchange.

It's weird but only 1 of 5 transactions was received (1 to Cryptopia and 4 to Livecoin). Others are marked as sent but never displayed in GAME blockexplorer and never received.

By the way, later on I've found out that the wallet at Cryptopia has no connections and it's not under maintenance.
Activity: 630
Merit: 252
what's going on with the web wallet?

Been trying to withdraw funds from it for days and it doesn't process

Our web wallet has an approval process. There is nothing wrong with your account or transaction. We decided to delay some sending until we had further confirmation from exchanges that they had updated their wallets.

Your transaction will be processed soon. If you need further support going forward you can reach out to us at [email protected]
Activity: 71
Merit: 2
what's going on with the web wallet?

Been trying to withdraw funds from it for days and it doesn't process

Mhm if I read the details I like the ideas and concepts of GC. I think GC is just behind in marketing compared to others cryptos. But it's not bad. Since some problems with the blockchain were not solved and it looks like there are still some issues (I am not up to date here) I prefer less marketing to that point everything works smooth and then the coins skyrockets.

So we are already at kinda an ATL. No impulses from the market so far. So we cannot do much wrong with grapping some more coins.

On the other hand Poloniex were bought by circle. I am a bit afraid that due to the wallet issues GC will be no longer supported by circle then. Moreover I am not sure if sponsoring clans is the right way because I have no idea if casual gamers are interested in that. And casual gamers are the cash cows. But last is something I just think about, I have no qualifications in that matter.

The low is not caused by marketing; it's caused by the current fork.  The developers have not been active in ensuring that all wallets and exchanges upgrade to it.  I'm shocked that Gamecredits is only down 9% given that it hasn't had any blocks since 1:40am.

I urge everyone here to review the call to action on Gamecredits at https://forums.prohashing.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=17089#p17089 and do something to ensure that the coin does not die.

We've reached out to all major exchanges and wallets to upgrade. Bittrex, BitBay, Cryptopia, HitBTC, Livecoin, and Poloniex all gave confirmation of making the upgrades (or have finished making upgrades and will activate wallets soon). We released wallet builds to our community, released our updated blockexplorer, updated our web wallet (with tens of thousands of users), and are waiting on confirmation from wallet providers (like coinomi) to confirm an upgrade. Mining pools of a similar hashpower that we've been in direct contact with have not reported the same sort of issues.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Mhm if I read the details I like the ideas and concepts of GC. I think GC is just behind in marketing compared to others cryptos. But it's not bad. Since some problems with the blockchain were not solved and it looks like there are still some issues (I am not up to date here) I prefer less marketing to that point everything works smooth and then the coins skyrockets.

So we are already at kinda an ATL. No impulses from the market so far. So we cannot do much wrong with grapping some more coins.

On the other hand Poloniex were bought by circle. I am a bit afraid that due to the wallet issues GC will be no longer supported by circle then. Moreover I am not sure if sponsoring clans is the right way because I have no idea if casual gamers are interested in that. And casual gamers are the cash cows. But last is something I just think about, I have no qualifications in that matter.
Our updated QT wallets for Windows, Mac, and Linux have been released. You can find the downloads to these wallets below and instructions on how to update safely in this medium blog post: https://medium.com/@gamecredits/gamecredits-network-update-april-5th-2018-95bd43d98c80

Activity: 420
Merit: 101
I wonder if GAME Will break its ATH satoshi wise, within the next 2 years lol....

Falling trend for the last 6 months. More likely to continue trend than reverse.

Can you explain why it keeps falling? opinion?
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

Activity: 294
Merit: 15
All the data shows that GAME is still in the activities. I hope that there will be some eSports competitions that can be held in the future to expand their influence.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 986
Merit: 1027
Miner-Control.de Pooler
Hy!

We add a automatic bootstrap generator to our blockexplorer.
The bootstrap will generate every 2 days.

https://miner-control.de/explorer

The download is protected form bots with coin-hive captcha and regenerated url every 2 days.

Best Regards
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
https://gmc.suprnova.cc is also hashing fine since the fork/upgrade again
legendary
Activity: 986
Merit: 1027
Miner-Control.de Pooler
Hy,

https://miner-control.de updated to the latest version GameCredits:0.9.6

to mine, use:

Code:
-o stratum+tcp://miner-control.de:3335 -u -p c=GAME

When you see the last orphan blocks, this comes from the last problems, see in thread above.

Best Regards,
Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

H2C pool loses all GAME mined after fork (goes to the wrong chain after block although I update wallet at 07.03). The miners are ecstatic. This fork made in a hurry brought a lot of losses to the exchangers and pools and seems not to have solved the problems that had to be solved. All that is very strange. Few days peoples lose GAME because of selfish mining attack then this fussy hardrork.
You talk you communicating with pools but I don't see it. I updated wallet when saw the commit with fork code but anyway I let down pool users.

P.S. Why discord? Why don't you update coin announce and/or coin homepage post as all other coin developers do?

This is exactly what I eluded to earlier in this thread - the communication on the BCT thread is terrible & this is what happens as a result. Rushed hardfork before client wallets are even ready is either plain irresponsible or done for an ulterior motive, it defies belief. Still no doze wallets either, but hey - it's only the most commonly used client that's missing...... Roll Eyes

@Devs - use discord if you want, but use the BCT forum as well - that's what it's for & that's why 90% of crypto users come here.

Activity: 700
Merit: 330
To be clear the fork needed to happen ASAP, and exchanges were looking for a solution. We knew that doing the update so quickly was not ideal, this was not something we had wanted. However, given the options and the state of the network it was the best way forward to provide stability and allow products and applications to continue functioning normally. Especially given that exchanges were looking for updates.

That's too bad anyway that you let this situation happen and eventually were in position of emergency hard fork.

You should think in advance how to improve network stability and act proactively.

We have actually been working on an update to the network for a while. This update is larger (so more time consuming), but it would have happened in a month or two.

To be clear, our network was stable for a very long time (up until 2 weeks ago). We didn't have any reason to believe that our difficulty algorithm would experience issues so suddenly.

Really? This is what happened:

I'm seeing lots of blocks mined by a third party which then sends out bursts of those blocks to the main chain and causing huge network reorganizations invalidating a lot of legit blocks on my side.. Is that intended behavior during your hardfork ? Maybe you should release the wallets to the public already ?

This happens to every small coin that just forks Bitcoin or Litecoin code and does nothing else. This is called 51% attack. There is a lot of Scrypt hashpower available, but the majority of it mines LTC, and only small fraction of this hashpower mines GAME and other coins. And even small mining pools (maybe even individual farms) have enough hashpower to conduct a 51% attack. This situation could be predicted long ago, especially when the price drops, difficulty falls and it is easier to double spend. GameCredits total hashrate fell to 300 GH/s, this is ridiculously low, only 600 L3+ asics, it is 0.5% of what Litecoin has (160 TH/s). Last summer GameCredits share was about 5% of Litecoin's hashpower. No surprise that it became 10 times easier to double spend and the attack eventually happened. A penalty for that might be delisting from all major exchanges.

You should act proactively and eliminate any possibility to double spend. Digibyte and Verge protect the network against double spending using multi-algo; SYS offers merged mining with Bitcoin; Dash and Decred have hybrid PoW/PoS. You shouldn't think that the network is protected with DGW, in fact it is not.
To be clear the fork needed to happen ASAP, and exchanges were looking for a solution. We knew that doing the update so quickly was not ideal, this was not something we had wanted. However, given the options and the state of the network it was the best way forward to provide stability and allow products and applications to continue functioning normally. Especially given that exchanges were looking for updates.

That's too bad anyway that you let this situation happen and eventually were in position of emergency hard fork.

You should think in advance how to improve network stability and act proactively.

We have actually been working on an update to the network for a while. This update is larger (so more time consuming), but it would have happened in a month or two.

To be clear, our network was stable for a very long time (up until 2 weeks ago). We didn't have any reason to believe that our difficulty algorithm would experience issues so suddenly.
Pages:
Jump to: