Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 29. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Oops. I forgot to fix something. Be right back!
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
Yay ! So far - so good. Just installed it on my testrig and it acts up a bit. CN Heavy: Miner restarts as soon as a 2nd 8GB card wants to start with two threads. Nothing in the logs - just a miner restart. Will dig a bit deeper l8r on when i have a bit more time. More details when i had time to fidel a bit with the miner  Grin

Crap.  I have the same issue.  2 R9 390x.  First one starts up, but when second one starts when goes from 1.2GB memory to 2.4, application crashes Sad

Yopp, so far i tested :

480 2T and 480 2T * Crash as soon as the 2nd card goes to the 2nd thread
480 2T and 580 2T * Crash as soon as the 2nd card goes to the 2nd thread
480 2T and 480 1T * Works
480 2T and 580 1T * Works
480 2T and 480 1T and 470 1T * Works
and so on ...

No error msg, nothing in the logs - just a plain miner restart
Actually, GGS is now compatible with the aforementioned USB watchdog.
I got pretty lucky on this one...

Great news, how to purchase one "plug ang play" from you ? Delivery to France. Tongue

How about ordering yourself ?  Wink ->

https://www.amazon.fr/Watchdog-red%C3%A9marrage-automatique-Serveur-Firewall/dp/B07BKBN7WG/ref=sr_1_4?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1524846044&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+watchdog&dpID=51YiKwBb4iL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

Great news, how to purchase one "plug ang play" from you ? Delivery to France. Tongue
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Yay ! So far - so good. Just installed it on my testrig and it acts up a bit. CN Heavy: Miner restarts as soon as a 2nd 8GB card wants to start with two threads. Nothing in the logs - just a miner restart. Will dig a bit deeper l8r on when i have a bit more time. More details when i had time to fidel a bit with the miner  Grin

Crap.  I have the same issue.  2 R9 390x.  First one starts up, but when second one starts when goes from 1.2GB memory to 2.4, application crashes Sad
Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.6 alpha
https://github.com/zawawawa/GatelessGateSharp/releases/tag/v1.3.6-alpha

* Redesigned user interface for remote control with smaller screens.
* Significantly improved responsiveness of user interface.
* Added functionality to manage WDG273-based USB watchdog. (CH340 driver required.)
* Improved default device settings for Ethash and RX 480 with Samsung GDDR5 (30Mh/s).
* Added functionality to "capture" memory timings in the real-time.
* Improved overclocking handling.
* Added functionality to monitor ECC errors for Vega and other compatible devices.
* Improved geolocation detection.
* Switched the file format of user settings to JSON.

Phew!

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Awesome!
Now get cracking with a smoking fast Lyra2z miner! Cheesy
Miner Developer
Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.6 alpha
https://github.com/zawawawa/GatelessGateSharp/releases/tag/v1.3.6-alpha

* Redesigned user interface for remote control with smaller screens.
* Significantly improved responsiveness of user interface.
* Added functionality to manage WDG273-based USB watchdog. (CH340 driver required.)
* Improved default device settings for Ethash and RX 480 with Samsung GDDR5 (30Mh/s).
* Added functionality to "capture" memory timings in the real-time.
* Improved overclocking handling.
* Added functionality to monitor ECC errors for Vega and other compatible devices.
* Improved geolocation detection.
* Switched the file format of user settings to JSON.

Phew!
Activity: 145
Hi

Just finished testing 1.3.5 and I notice that the Default Pool MiningPoolHub on CryptonightV7 set me to Asia and some times to US and I live in Europe. Etash is fine, can you add a field to set location? ThanKs.

Be well

That's normal as GGS measures the response time of each server and picks the server with the least amount of response time.

Any way to force the login to europe servers ? ping can be better in asia at one moment and very poor a few seconds later, creating a lot of stale shares.

OK, I will improve geolocation detection.

Thank you !
Miner Developer
Hi

Just finished testing 1.3.5 and I notice that the Default Pool MiningPoolHub on CryptonightV7 set me to Asia and some times to US and I live in Europe. Etash is fine, can you add a field to set location? ThanKs.

Be well

That's normal as GGS measures the response time of each server and picks the server with the least amount of response time.

Any way to force the login to europe servers ? ping can be better in asia at one moment and very poor a few seconds later, creating a lot of stale shares.

OK, I will improve geolocation detection.
Activity: 145
Hi

Be well

Activity: 43
OK, thanks. Enjoy your new GPU's  Wink
Miner Developer
Hi

Be well

Activity: 43
Hi

Be well
Miner Developer
Most of the graphics cards I purchased arrived already, including Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64.
Got to finish up v1.3.6 soon...
Miner Developer
Activity: 11
I apologize for an off topic, but as touched upon a subject WatchDOG, Board Made to himself of "Digispark Kickstarter Mini USB Development" (https://www.electroschematics.com/12102/learn-to-use-attiny85-usb-mini-development-board/), Ebay 2$. Created a small code which tracks for activity of HDD LED, in case of long absence of a signal reboots system. In operation it is connected directly to "front panel connector" on matherboard, without use to a relay. USB using only for loading of a code.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
I still cannot install the 1.3.5 on my PC. The program is neither in add or remove programs, cannot find an uninstall file in the folder. How to proceed?
You can download zipped archive of program not installer. Then just extract into any folder and run GGS.
Miner Developer
Also, I figured out how to manage cheap USB watchdogs.
Hopefully this would ease the pain of optimizations...
Miner Developer
Alright, the new version seems to be working fine now.
I will release it today, I promise!
Pages:
Jump to: