Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 30. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 4
I vote for Lyra2z. Good coins are on that algo and it works really good an AMD cards.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
What coins can you mine with Lyra2z ?
Activity: 145
Merit: 1
Zawawa, forget about X17, Equihash etc.
Focus on bringing a fast Lyra2z miner, please. There's lots of speed to be unlocked for AMD hardware and a gap you could fill. The Linux-only TDXminer is already a lot faster than SGminer, and a guy called Kerney666 claimed to have achieved even higher hashrates with smart use of GCN ASM (as opposed to OpenCL).

Bring that to life and you've got a winner on your hands.

100% Agree, this algo seems to be the next AMD overkill. The first dev who will have this working on W10 must see a bunch of miners come to him and i hope that it will be Zawawa because his miner is the best i have found ATM (all my mines are there on Monero : rx580 8gb armor : 850h/s 90W at wall).
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
I still cannot install the 1.3.5 on my PC. The program is neither in add or remove programs, cannot find an uninstall file in the folder. How to proceed?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Focus on bringing a fast Lyra2z miner, please. There's lots of speed to be unlocked for AMD hardware and a gap you could fill. The Linux-only TDXminer is already a lot faster than SGminer, and a guy called Kerney666 claimed to have achieved even higher hashrates with smart use of GCN ASM (as opposed to OpenCL).

Hmm... Very interesting. I just cannot wait to get back to GCN ASM.
Everything I did for GGS so far is a preparatory work, so to speak.
Don't worry, I will sweep 'em all very soon!
Keep us updated! Smiley
Activity: 42
Please support X17 Algo. Tool not good with vega 64
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
That's nice!
You are supposed to share it, you know ? Grin
I saw your latest picture, it says version 1.3.6 ( 10 release behind !!!!!!!!!)
EHi, we are at 1.35 here so, 11 release behind.

And listen to the Dragonmike above you, Lira2z its interesting to say the least

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer

Hmm... Very interesting. I just cannot wait to get back to GCN ASM.
Everything I did for GGS so far is a preparatory work, so to speak.
Don't worry, I will sweep 'em all very soon!
Miner Developer
I did realize it is too much to expect everybody to be familiar with all the wonderfully intricate details of GDDR5,
so I added a button that allows the user to "capture" memory timings real-time. It saves a lot of time!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

Miner Developer

That'd be pretty neat. The thing is, the cheap ones don't come with source codes:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0781ZCXLC

Does anybody have the specifications of the WDG273 chip?

The "WDG273" does not exist, it's a relabeld chip to "hide" the real one ...  Grin, these chips are normaly from ST like the STM32F042F6 with 32K Flash / 6K RAM or any other ARM Chip that fits the needs. What they need is an USB interface and some Flash/Ram - and it should be kinda cheap  Roll Eyes

Info about the STM32F0 ->

http://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers/stm32f0x2.html?querycriteria=productId=LN1823

Oh, it's a generic chip in disguise, then. I guess it's time to enlist an USB packet analyzer... Thanks a bunch!
Activity: 47
Will memory timing mod work on old drivers like 15.12 or 16.9.2?

Please note that the current focus of the project is on AMD and this program has been tested mostly against AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.1.1. Other drivers may or may not work.

Prerequisites
The minimum requirements for the miner are as follows:

Graphics card(s) with the AMD GCN architecture and/or the NVIDIA Maxwell and Pascal architectures.
64-bit Windows operating system.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.1.1 or later for AMD cards.
Activity: 64
Count me in soon. I still have an issue with the mem/timing/core tweaks. If it freezes the hardware, how and when can we be sure it worked ?

What I would do as a stress test is to run benchmarks with Repeats = 10 or even 20.
Statistically speaking, you need 100 trials for a 95% CI, but that would be too much stress on the hardware
and the results would be unfavorably skewed. If you are masochistic, you can turn on "Cool GPU down,"
which makes the test notoriously harder to pass.

On a more positive note, I just added extra parameters for memory timings to the upcoming version
for stability. We will see...

Will memory timing mod work on old drivers like 15.12 or 16.9.2?
Activity: 47

That'd be pretty neat. The thing is, the cheap ones don't come with source codes:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0781ZCXLC

Does anybody have the specifications of the WDG273 chip?

The "WDG273" does not exist, it's a relabeld chip to "hide" the real one ...  Grin, these chips are normaly from ST like the STM32F042F6 with 32K Flash / 6K RAM or any other ARM Chip that fits the needs. What they need is an USB interface and some Flash/Ram - and it should be kinda cheap  Roll Eyes

Info about the STM32F0 ->

http://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers/stm32f0x2.html?querycriteria=productId=LN1823
Miner Developer
Count me in soon. I still have an issue with the mem/timing/core tweaks. If it freezes the hardware, how and when can we be sure it worked ?

What I would do as a stress test is to run benchmarks with Repeats = 10 or even 20.
Statistically speaking, you need 100 trials for a 95% CI, but that would be too much stress on the hardware
and the results would be unfavorably skewed. If you are masochistic, you can turn on "Cool GPU down,"
which makes the test notoriously harder to pass.

On a more positive note, I just added extra parameters for memory timings to the upcoming version
for stability. We will see...
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Activity: 196
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
I should also work on another command-line version...
Too much work, too little time!

supported  Shocked
+1 Smiley
Activity: 118
Merit: 10

supported  Shocked
Miner Developer
Pages:
Jump to: