Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 51. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 857
Merit: 262
Now I have 2*vega fe a+ 2*1060 on H110 Asrock BTC
Somehow vegas took 18.2.2 driver(intendend for rx570 briefly tested), but apparently it has some missing parts:
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Hello zawawa!
What are the plans for the launch of Zcash(Equihash) and forks? In the near future we are waiting for an update and is there any work in this direction?

that is right. We need the fast ZCash miner for our AMD cards.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 270
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Hello zawawa!
What are the plans for the launch of Zcash(Equihash) and forks? In the near future we are waiting for an update and is there any work in this direction?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Hmmm strange, when i installed the 1709 on one of my PCs there was still the Option. So far i did not see the option only when i wanted to install a diff. language than the installed one - there was the option greyed out.

Regarding winflash ... you could try to flash from the dos prompt ->

1. open cmd as admin
2. atiflash -i
3. atiflash -f -p # backup.rom

That allows to flash even with an ID missmatch - but double check that the file is the right one - as if not you might have a new doorstop  Shocked

I'll go with trying to find the right bios for the right manufacturer and memory setup rather than shoe-horn another bios into the card.

After running through all the options to restore/reinstall without the option to keep programs and files, I bit the bullet and opted for the keep files. Fucking retarded ass operating system. A shame that drivers, software and patches hit retardows 10 before other  OSes.

I haven't yet found the correct bios, but a windows reset/reinstall did the trick and both cards are recognized once more and redeon settings work.
Activity: 23
Here is a pic that shows that the "so bad" Hynix 24AJR - are not bad at all ... just needs a bit work  Wink

Card is a 2016 Sapphire RX480 with 4GB ->

https://up.picr.de/31907201ii.jpg

Nice, and this is also the limit for 1200 GPU clock in GGS. It's the same on Samsung and Elpida, at least for me. More core goes over 1000h/s then.
What's your memclock and voltage? Around 850?

Core Clock is more or less secondary, as Cryptonight needs high ram clocks (as high as possible). The Problem with the 24AJ is/was that they do not clock too well if the strap does not fit perfectly. Hynix AJ tend to error a lot and as known from the Hynix DDR3/4 RAMs - they need juice to get going :-)

As example: Hynix 24AJ - not the "good" 24MJ. Not really tweaked settings till the end - there is still some room for finetuning  Grin Call it WIP Smiley
1150   975 2000 -> 894h/s
1150   975 2100 -> 932h/s
1150 1000 2100 -> 938h/s
1200 1000 2100 -> 937h/s (Core +50 and no gain)
1200 1000 2150 -> 972h/s (RAM + 50 and +35h/s)

Also to note, the power draw might be less on Cryptonight - but some Polaris need more juice to keep it going ... diff. story on ETH, there you need the Coreclock to get the hashspeed up.
Thanks for sharing your findings. Well, i know that cryptonight does need low latency as well - i can achieve 975 with 2030 memclock with 1200 core. Voltage is set via OverdriveNtool to 850 both which gives me a  wattage of 320 total on 3 cards from wall including the rest of the pc and fans.  Not the best, but the Sapphire cards are not really using the voltage from OverdriveNtool.
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
Hmmm strange, when i installed the 1709 on one of my PCs there was still the Option. So far i did not see the option only when i wanted to install a diff. language than the installed one - there was the option greyed out.

Regarding winflash ... you could try to flash from the dos prompt ->

1. open cmd as admin
2. atiflash -i
3. atiflash -f -p # backup.rom

That allows to flash even with an ID missmatch - but double check that the file is the right one - as if not you might have a new doorstop  Shocked
Alright folks, I am in need of a small bit of help.

[...]

Request:

1) What do I do with windows in this state? Spidey senses are signalling a reset and loss of installed programs thus time spent in search of license keys and documentation prior to a reset/reinstall.

2) Where do I find stock a reliable list of stock BIOSes? I've got several tools which allow me to see manufacturer information (cpu-z for instance) and SRBPolaris to check memory supplier.

Comment on issue with GGS: when running 13 cards, the AMD cards(4) come and go in productivity but Nvidia(9) cards all function fine.

Thank you in advance for any assistance given,

Hank

1. You could try a Repair Install (of W10?) with an Inplace Upgrade. There is an option to keep all personal Data and installed Programms. So nothing will be lost and normally the OS gets fixed. There is a good guide on tenforums.com - just search for "W10 Repair Install".

2. Techpowerup has a nice collection of verified stock Bioses ... (and we all know that we should do a backup before we flash - right  Wink )

Edit: Such cases of damaged system files happen mostly when write cache is active and the system gets stuck somehow and it gets rebooted "too fast". Normally the ssd and hdds at least try to get their stuff together for a given amount of time - even when the screen is frozen - the OS may still be alive ...

It may have been the fall creator update, but there is not longer an option to keep both personal data and installed programs. If you go down this route you can only keep personal data.

I'll have a look on Techpowerup - however, the one that I downloaded for a D900 was incorrect. Atiflash wouldn't allow it to be put on the card.

Unfortunately, I bought 2nd hand and do not have the original BIOS available.

[...]

Request:

1) What do I do with windows in this state? Spidey senses are signalling a reset and loss of installed programs thus time spent in search of license keys and documentation prior to a reset/reinstall.

2) Where do I find stock a reliable list of stock BIOSes? I've got several tools which allow me to see manufacturer information (cpu-z for instance) and SRBPolaris to check memory supplier.

Comment on issue with GGS: when running 13 cards, the AMD cards(4) come and go in productivity but Nvidia(9) cards all function fine.

Hank

1. You could try a Repair Install (of W10?) with an Inplace Upgrade. There is an option to keep all personal Data and installed Programms. So nothing will be lost and normally the OS gets fixed. There is a good guide on tenforums.com - just search for "W10 Repair Install".

2. Techpowerup has a nice collection of verified stock Bioses ... (and we all know that we should do a backup before we flash - right  Wink )

Edit: Such cases of damaged system files happen mostly when write cache is active and the system gets stuck somehow and it gets rebooted "too fast". Normally the ssd and hdds at least try to get their stuff together for a given amount of time - even when the screen is frozen - the OS may still be alive ...

Scenario:

I thought I had reverted bios to stock on AMD 580s so that I could tune in GGS. Wrong.

After I select "boost" I saw a pixelated screen and windows locked up. I rebooted, uninstalled GGS, deleted files in appdata folder left behind after uninstall, re-ran and reinstalled.  GGS came up and I selected "restore" settings just in case it took off mining with the boosted settings again.

It ran fine for 15-20 minutes and then one card went to 0, then the other. This is my gaming PC, not my rig.

After a reboot, windows squaked that it could not read the memory at location: 0x000000000[whatever]:[whatever] which was happening when windows first tried to re-install the GPU driver. Upon second reboot, same message, no driver install. On third reboot, no message, no driver, cannot start radeon settings program.

I took one of the cards out and swapped it into my rig where it has run fine for over 4 hours.

However, back on the gaming PC, windows will now not recognize any video card, not AMD nor NVIDIA and resorts to a default driver.

I have run DDU for both AMD and NVIDIA drivers from safe mode twice.

Request:

Hank
Here is a pic that shows that the "so bad" Hynix 24AJR - are not bad at all ... just needs a bit work  Wink

Nice, and this is also the limit for 1200 GPU clock in GGS. It's the same on Samsung and Elpida, at least for me. More core goes over 1000h/s then.

Core Clock is more or less secondary, as Cryptonight needs high ram clocks (as high as possible). The Problem with the 24AJ is/was that they do not clock too well if the strap does not fit perfectly. Hynix AJ tend to error a lot and as known from the Hynix DDR3/4 RAMs - they need juice to get going :-)

As example: Hynix 24AJ - not the "good" 24MJ. Not really tweaked settings till the end - there is still some room for finetuning  Grin Call it WIP Smiley
1150   975 2000 -> 894h/s
1150   975 2100 -> 932h/s
1150 1000 2100 -> 938h/s
1200 1000 2100 -> 937h/s (Core +50 and no gain)
1200 1000 2150 -> 972h/s (RAM + 50 and +35h/s)

Also to note, the power draw might be less on Cryptonight - but some Polaris need more juice to keep it going ... diff. story on ETH, there you need the Coreclock to get the hashspeed up.
Activity: 23

https://up.picr.de/31907201ii.jpg

Here is a pic that shows that the "so bad" Hynix 24AJR - are not bad at all ... just needs a bit work  Wink

Activity: 476
Merit: 19
Crzar, Zawawa is right.
Just change the target temp increasing a little,  and the mv applied to the core or in case of the other software you can  use, the power target need to be increase, from where it is to 10 % more
Activity: 14
It is more accurate to say that the cards cannot keep up with GGS's NeoScrypt kernel.
I would increase the power limit and undervolt the core.
There should be no need to lower the intensity.

https://imgur.com/a/fFvXV
Can't go lower undervolt. My cards have ETH BIOS inside.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
nosce te ipsum
@zawawa what are the ideal clock timings and GGS settings for cryptonight with RX 560 2GB?
Activity: 196
Cezarr, I have this problem with ALL the 570 / 580 .

You need to lower intensity from the 228/256 suggested by the software, GGS can't keep up with the card, I don't know why
By doing that mining speed is lower by a 20 % but it works

It is more accurate to say that the cards cannot keep up with GGS's NeoScrypt kernel.
Agreed. Mine 580 can run with 288 intensity easily. Check risers. Mine became smoke mining Neoscrypt (lol).

zawawa, I saw in the Neoscrypt.cl kernel the amd_bitalign() function to keep compatibility with older kernels. But... Technicaly, could be better to use amd_bytealign() to do the same thing? For example:
Code:
/* Use amd_bitalign() because amd_bytealign() might be broken in old drivers */
#if defined(__GCNMINC__)
uint amd_bitalign(uint src0, uint src1, uint src2)
{
    uint dst;
    __asm("v_alignbit_b32 %0, %1, %2, %3"
    : "=v" (dst)
        : "v" (src0), "v" (src1), "v" (src2));
    return dst;
Sorry if I'm speaking wrong, I really don't know nothing about coding/openCL.

Activity: 6
@Zawawa
Is it possible to do solo mining with this miner? Because I can just configure custom pools (stratum protocol?)
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer

You need to lower intensity from the 228/256 suggested by the software, GGS can't keep up with the card, I don't know why

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Zawawa, what about 1.3.0 pre-alpha version with timings mod?

I ended up implementing part of the benchmark feature. The next version is coming soon!
Pages:
Jump to: