Pages:
Author

Topic: Gateless Gate Sharp 1.3.8: 30Mh/s (Ethash) on RX 480! - page 54. (Read 214410 times)

Activity: 443
Merit: 13
Guys, could anyone more experienced tell me what exactly is going on here? Cheesy I've been running the GGS miner stable for some hours, without any problems in all graphs, using 5xRX580 nitro+ SE and the miner shows me 4400kh/s, the fluctuation is +-50kh/s.
I just logged from work on my PC to check if everything is okay, and saw that the pool shows me 7kh/s, peak 10kh/s but most of the time it is over 5k+. I have created screenshots of all of my tweaks I've done to the cards in the miner.
Can anyone explain why is there such a big difference between the miner and the pool and is there anything else I might do to increase my hashpower? I've seen the post above me, where the dude with the 570s is mining at 1000kh/s, which is a bit worse than mine.
Under you will find the screenshots from the miner and the pool:
https://imgur.com/a/yZdJX - dashboard miner
https://imgur.com/a/rZTVS - devices miner - Threads : 2/ Raw Intensity - 128/ Local Work Size - 8. I know you can't see them, but I use tab to switch from box to box CTRL+A and afterwards CTRL+C and then I paste it somewhere to see the data.
https://imgur.com/a/tJv9e - pool results.

I'm fairly new to mining Cryptonight, I have read some articles, but not really sure what I should do in terms of mclock cclock speeds, intensity and threads etc. Btw the miner is bugged out since I installed it and I cannot see any values in the box PASCAL ITERATIONS.
Thank you in advance guys!
Biggest shout out to Zawawa! Hands down the best Cryptonight & Neoscrypt miner EVER!

EDIT: If you want I can take a screenshot of the HWINFO page, I am simply not running it, because don't know why, but I think it running in the BG is causing some issues with the rig and that's why I am not using it, but in 99% of the cases cards are running at 0 errors.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
just tried running on 12*570 8GB - looks awesome!
never seen such rates on cryptonight on polarises.

there's something consistently wrong with two cards:

and with slightly reduced volts:

old GG and "slightly" xmr stak with two threads, 896 RI and 8 worksize for 4 GB
The funny part is, even though they pull 1k, with FAR less energy than ethereum, whattomine and many other sources have them hilariously underrated at around 700 h/s each!
the 4gb memory controller on rx 570/580 and the 2gb 560 (same memory codes , elpidas, hynix etc.) is insanely fast in xmr.

Many people will be surprised that, rx 560, 2gb without even 6 pin can do 540 h/s with normal PBE tweaking! i even got core way lower and they still hash at 540 h/s!  $$ and energy wise, thats nearly better than VEGA!
use 1/2 the values to fill the memory of the 4gb ones  (448 RI, 8 worksize, 2 threads) maybe xmr stak if you wanna experiment, but Old GG and new GG are ridiculosly fast out of the box on these cards)
Zawawa we love you Smiley
Try 459-460 RI. On 270X 4Gb it gives best speed.
Activity: 80

old GG and "slightly" xmr stak with two threads, 896 RI and 8 worksize for 4 GB
The funny part is, even though they pull 1k, with FAR less energy than ethereum, whattomine and many other sources have them hilariously underrated at around 700 h/s each!
the 4gb memory controller on rx 570/580 and the 2gb 560 (same memory codes , elpidas, hynix etc.) is insanely fast in xmr.

Many people will be surprised that, rx 560, 2gb without even 6 pin can do 540 h/s with normal PBE tweaking! i even got core way lower and they still hash at 540 h/s!  $$ and energy wise, thats nearly better than VEGA!
use 1/2 the values to fill the memory of the 4gb ones  (448 RI, 8 worksize, 2 threads) maybe xmr stak if you wanna experiment, but Old GG and new GG are ridiculosly fast out of the box on these cards)
Zawawa we love you Smiley
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
zawawa, another future wish:

I think it's would be good to add temperature limit protection. GGS must lower intensity of mining current algo on reaching selected temperature. Like Claymore maded it in his miners.
Activity: 857
Merit: 262

there's something consistently wrong with two cards

maybe pagefile to small, ggs needs alot

Yeah I noticed. Had to increase from 32GB to 48GB.
I'd guess though it looks more like poor quality silicon that requires more volts
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.

maybe pagefile to small, ggs needs alot
Activity: 857
Merit: 262

Activity: 443
Hey guys, can anyone share the approximate Neoscrypt hashrate using the current GGS for AMD?  I'm curious if the R9 Fury series and Rx 480/580 are still around 730 kh/s or if they are higher now. Thanks!

My RX580's are around 820-870kh/s, sometimes I've seen jumps to 1k, but not for long Cheesy But 5cards are constantly pulling 4000kh/s.
I do not mine Neoscrypt tho, it draws a lot more power, hence hotter cards and not as much as profitable as ETH/ETC mining imo.
I am using 1140/2190 in Trixx for all algorithms.
With AMDs it's best to farm eithe ETH/C or CryptoNight mate, Neoscrypt is a really hard thing to mine. I;ve mined some coins for a week and saw I'm 10$ behind profitability as if I was mining ETH(here the electricity costs are not being calculated, but say 4$ more)
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
waiting for vega optimization for neoscrypt.
Activity: 3
I use ggs 1.2.18 for mining neoscrypt, gpu amd rx570 everytime devfee started windows always crash, any solution for this?
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
@ Elder Rx 570 Neoscrypt is a little over 800 on my rigs power is lower than 75
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Hey guys, can anyone share the approximate Neoscrypt hashrate using the current GGS for AMD?  I'm curious if the R9 Fury series and Rx 480/580 are still around 730 kh/s or if they are higher now. Thanks!
Sorry Zawawa, I failed to explain.

Do you think to implement equilhash algo for AMD in your actual GGS before Eastern ?

Thank you to let me (us) know
Activity: 42
Since this was written on the .NET framework, I wonder if it'd be possible to port this to UWP? A UWP port would open this up to using the Xbox One X for mining. It's GPU is pretty close to the RX580 and considering GPU prices these days, it'd be great value to be used for mining.
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
when can we expect new ggs and what features we can expect? Cheesy im just curious :p
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Zawawa, I know that I am just the customer that pay you a coffee/day....
Got one question:
I'm purchasing a couple of rig right now to mine equilhash.
I know what it's supposed to be done  with Nvidia cards and I know what they can do.
But I have AMD everywhere and GGS on all cryptonight & Neoscrypt.
So if I purchase Nvidia I will loose flexibility.
How far are you on equilhash ?
Reasonable far or "equihash what ?" far ?

It’s hard to say. I know for sure that the original Gateless Gate’s equihash kernel works with NVIDIA cards, and it wouldn’t take longer than a day or two to port it to GGS.

Now, if you want a top notch performance, that’s a totally different story. I really don’t know how long it takes to achieve that goal with NVIDIA cards. NiceHash hired top developers for excavator’s equihash kernel, and it is not even the best equihash kernel for NVIDIA the last time I checked. I am planning to implement memory timing mods for NVIDIA cards as well, but that would be a real challenge.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
rocking solid now...!!
 i love ggs now. pretty good then their previous version more stable and more perfect...

carry on booss
Activity: 728
Merit: 304
Miner Developer
Zawawa, can you please change the default Raw for Cryptonight and 280-280X cards?

Right now it's:
112 for R280
124 fo 280X

It's too much (not enough memory).

Thanks

Please just give me good default values for these cards, and I will plug them right in.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
Zawawa, can you please change the default Raw for Cryptonight and 280-280X cards?

Right now it's:
112 for R280
124 fo 280X

It's too much (not enough memory).

Thanks
Zawawa, I know that I am just the customer that pay you a coffee/day....
Got one question:
I'm purchasing a couple of rig right now to mine equilhash.
I know what it's supposed to be done  with Nvidia cards and I know what they can do.
But I have AMD everywhere and GGS on all cryptonight & Neoscrypt.
So if I purchase Nvidia I will loose flexibility.
How far are you on equilhash ?
Reasonable far or "equihash what ?" far ?

Pages:
Jump to: