Author

Topic: GekkoScience NewPac / Terminus R606 (BM1387) Official Support Thread - page 102. (Read 61296 times)

legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1836
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
40GH is not an overclock for the NewPac, as the stock speed is 45GH. Are you sure you're using a NewPac?

If cgminer fails to start with the --gekko-newpac-freq flag, are you sure you're using the correct build?

When you say "does not start", what's the actual error message you're seeing?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
ok  , this is my bat file:

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://eu-bch.ss.btc.com:1800 -u Elbaxxxx  -p x --gekko-newpac-freq 175
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
have created the syntax, but cg miner does not start

Post whats in your bat file on here and someone can check it
have created the syntax, but cg miner does not start
Activity: 128
Merit: 9
The syntax you need to add is

--gekko-newpac-freq 175

The 175 being the clock speed, so just alter that in 25MHz increments.... ie --gekko-newpac-freq 200 to get your desired speed
have successfully installed my new gekkoscience newpac, I wanted to know how to overclock to  40 ghs?

use windows 10 -64 bit , Do I have to create custom launch.bat? go to cgminer , I can know how to write.

can anyone tell me the syntax to add to cgminer?    :)thank you
legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 7391
'The right to privacy matters'
@rockmoney
they are not an asic  boost pool

@vh
3333 does allow for 65k
3334 does allow for 1000000

I will try using  --suggest-diff 128

it worked with 128
i bumped it to 512 and it is working thank you.

final bump to 1024 and it works.   sooo  

--suggest-diff 1024  seems fine
vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 662
Typically pools won't have stats for your miner unless you send a share that is accepted.
The pool's default diff is 1M.   Waiting for that 1M share makes it look like you're not mining.

See if you can set it pool side by worker.   The notes I saw say they honor suggested diff.

Probably possible to do:

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://mmpool.org:3334 -u philipma1957April2016 --gekko-compac-freq 150 --gekko-newpac-freq 175 -p x  --suggest-diff 128

Look for the VALUE at the top of cgminer where it says "Connected to pool mmpool.org diff VALUE with stratum..."
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
I just tried mining on the pool using your info Phil (username and password), and cgminer reports the pool as "dead". Also, I see you are still NOT using AsicBoost, which will INCREASE your hashrate! To use AsicBoost, simply add the following syntax to the end of your .bat file:

Code:
--gekko-newpac-boost

So, your .bat file should look like this:

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje -p x --gekko-compac-freq 150 --gekko-newpac-freq 175 --gekko-newpac-boost

-screenshot, click to enlarge-

legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 7391
'The right to privacy matters'
so  I am mining to solo.ckpool

this bat works

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje --gekko-compac-freq 150 --gekko-newpac-freq 175 -p x

i want to mine to mmpool.org   this bat says it works on cgminer screen but on mmpool.org it does not work
does anyone have a stick on mmpool and is willing to share the bat. they use

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://mmpool.org:3334 -u philipma1957April2016 --gekko-compac-freq 150 --gekko-newpac-freq 175 -p x

I am using cgminer 4.11.1 windows gekko

note i have used port 3333 and 3334
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1836
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
By the way, I was doing a bit of reading on 2Pac stuff today due to some activity in that support thread. Going back over one guy's attempt to separate the 5V line on a 2Pac so he could run the buck power section off a higher voltage reminded me, on the NewPac all 5V devices (this means LDOs, the LEDs, USB chip, everything) pull 5V from downstream of the 2.2ohm buffer resistor near the buck chip.

Which means if you want to split the rails and drive the power section off a higher voltage or separate power source, all you need to do is lift that 2R2 resistor to isolate the two sides of the stick's 5V power systems.

Just, you know, just in case anyone needs that info. For doing something stupid. Also don't forget the inductor is only rated for 17A, which makes it the weak link in the buck.
Yes, Sir!
Appreciate the feedback, have changed to imgur for the images upload.
Hope is tinypic sites are craps, and not the images ... hehe  Wink

Thanks.

Pics were great 👍🏼
Activity: 19
Merit: 13
cekolaw, those tinypic links are fully of crap, cant navigate back to the forum once i click on them. Loads of ads keep appearing if I try and click "back" in the browser.

Yes, Sir!
Appreciate the feedback, have changed to imgur for the images upload.
Hope is tinypic sites are craps, and not the images ... hehe  Wink

Thanks.
cekolaw, those tinypic links are fully of crap, cant navigate back to the forum once i click on them. Loads of ads keep appearing if I try and click "back" in the browser.
Hi Folks,

Just sharing some experiments and thoughts in overclocking the Gekko Newpac Sticks.

As I have no idea where to probe the measuring points so I got the stick connected through a USB 2.0 functional tester to understand and know the Voltage and current drawn by the stick when the potentiometer is tweak.

https://imgur.com/a/HmJkk8A
Orico USB 3.0 7-ports hub just for experiment while waiting for the industrial hub.

Understand that on doing this way, there are other variables and factors involved such as room temperature, cooling fan capacity rpm, hub limitation, etc.

So please correct my understanding in my findings.

1. each Gekkoscience Newpac have it's own unique characteristics in Voltages and Current.
2. expansion hubs do make a lot of difference, it needs to supply a stable 5V and provide at least 2.1mA.
3. each time the Sticks are plugged into different hubs it needs to be tweaked for optimal result.
4. tweeting method is to adjust till to Max. Voltage allowable just before it triggers into sudden high/low current
All these depends on the power and stability of the USB Hub.
(So investing in a industrial type of multi port hub such as Gekkoscience USB2.0 7-ports or Sipolar USB3.0 12V/5A 20-ports does affect the performance of the sticks, also the cooling fans...)
5. tool used make a difference, use a ceramic tip flat head and not the normal steel screw driver.
6. make a mark on the potentiometer as a start point.
7. as for my setup, the USB2.0 functional tester needs to be hold firm when tweaking.
8. record the readings, stick GSH, MHz, Volt, Current, temp, before(default value) and after tweak.

After checking through my Newpac inventory, all has it own characteristics with the present test setup and limitations:
Some are at a low 4.5V with 0.83A before it triggers.
... some are at 5.03V with 0.76A before it triggers.

But whatever it was... all were able to run at 165MHz (shown 168.75Mhz) with 3 sticks per Orico USB3.0 7-port hub with present resources... however occasionally shows under voltage but still mining accepted ... hehe  Roll Eyes
hash rate;105G to 115G each (win & RPi).

Happy for now...  Grin
As I managed to setup running in both Windows and Raspberry Pi.
(3 sticks plugged in ORICO USB3.0 7-ports 5V/2A ext.+2A USB3.0 each)

Windows 10 Pro - Screenshot
https://imgur.com/kIelHV8
https://imgur.com/WgLgoVe

Raspberry Pi 3 B - photo taken off phone
https://imgur.com/B7iMOPC
https://imgur.com/cGHvSvr

Please advise and comment for me to improve, thank you and have a great week ahead!
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
All my sticks run off my older laptop in my home office powered by my desktop PSU. I have two hubs running 3 newpac, and 6 2pacs. Pretty quiet with corsair fans https://www.corsair.com/us/en/LED-Color/Fan-Size/Package-Quantity/ml-config/p/CO-9050044-WW. Their overclocked but I'm not at the point were I'd worry about fire but the extinguisher is handy here as well. A couple 2pac still zombie on me which I haven't been great at checking them that often, newpac have had zero issues outside not being able to use asic boost through a hub.

Code:
{
 "hashrate1m": "468G",
 "hashrate5m": "442G",
 "hashrate1hr": "425G",
 "hashrate1d": "395G",
 "hashrate7d": "394G",
 "lastshare": 1547310450,
 "workers": 9,
 "shares": 601836240,
 "bestshare": 435187218.5911933,
 "bestever": 435187218,
 "worker": [
  {
   "workername": "3H22GzvZHUS8ZBUGczcQSDrPV4xk5e7Fou.newpac",
   "hashrate1m": "389G",
   "hashrate5m": "327G",
   "hashrate1hr": "309G",
   "hashrate1d": "306G",
   "hashrate7d": "295G",
   "lastshare": 1547310443,
   "shares": 246099815,
   "bestshare": 435187218.5911933,
   "bestever": 435187218
  },
  {
   "workername": "3H22GzvZHUS8ZBUGczcQSDrPV4xk5e7Fou.2pac",
   "hashrate1m": "127G",
   "hashrate5m": "125G",
   "hashrate1hr": "118G",
   "hashrate1d": "89.4G",
   "hashrate7d": "99.4G",
   "lastshare": 1547310450,
   "shares": 99789905,
   "bestshare": 73528663.02588663,
   "bestever": 73528663
  }
 ]
}
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
... Thank you for your sharing, and learning thru' reading, testing all the configurations as mentioned in this thread. Smiley

Same to you! please let us know how your build goes!
Appreciate your sharing, and I am getting them interested showing off my Bitcoin account... hehe  Cheesy

Pi will be my next platform to test but presently have no confidence yet to set it up even I have already purchased the required inventory as this will definitely save on electricity especially it cost about USD0.17 from where I am...  Sad

Started with Windows 10 form factor as it seems easier not for the tech savvy, and has USB3.0 ss seems stable and much faster mining, and now looking into getting the industrial heavy duty USB3.0 ss 20 ports 5V/2.1A each to run all my available Gekko Newpac, at higher frequency.

Thank you for your sharing, and learning thru' reading, testing all the configurations as mentioned in this thread. Smiley
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
I'm thinking to introduce "Home Bitcoin Mining" into homes to my friends and relatives, and wonder what would be the best and low cost setup & configuration...

Thats the spirit of bitcoin, share and tell till your friends and family are sick of hearing about it!  Wink

I dont know about the laptop but we are working on a setup (still a few minor bugs) running on a GekkoScience base Hub, our dual fans in a modified stand kit and a raspberry pi. Its a modified version of Minera but that may change as its giving me fits.

The Pi's our primary option because they have a nice 7 inch touch display so the entire unit can be small form factor and all in one. plug in power and hook it up to your Ethernet (or wifi) and off you go. The pi and the fans draw power from the hub, keeping it a nice little bundle. Our interface is still in development but if you dont mind a little work, you could cobble it together yourself as well.
nicely done! Whats your power draw at that frequency?

According to the wattmeter the hub is pulling 30.2w. They are still running stock voltage havent tried turning them down yet as knowing my luck they will just start getting errors.
Jump to: